Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caro wins top AFL media award

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:43 pm
Post subject: Caro wins top AFL media awardReply with quote

The Age's chief football writer Caroline Wilson last night won the most prestigious award in football journalism, the Alf Brown trophy, as the most outstanding media performer of the year.

Wilson also won the award for most outstanding columnist and the award for best deadline report at the annual AFL media awards. She was also given life membership of the AFL Media Association.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/age-chief-footy-writer-wins-top-afl-media-award-20110922-1kmdx.html#ixzz2waoOuVLQ

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Age photographer Paul Rovere won the award for most outstanding action photograph for this picture of Dale Thomas marking.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Geezus, if Caro is the best that's an absolute indictment on the rest of them
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Geez, Guess anyone can win it then as long as you are Negative in every story
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Don't mid caro. She ain't boring.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:38 pm

The life membership is fair enough. The rest is well, interesting. If it was for her Dane Swan beat ups it is freaking joke.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Geezus, if Caro is the best that's an absolute indictment on the rest of them

Well most of then only write feel good stories and are far to close to the powers that be.
Caro is far better than that half wit Gerard Whately

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Caro had the professional instinct and guts to call the Essendon doping program for what it was.
An absolute insult to sports followers and a disgrace in the way its aftermath was handled, particularly by James Hird and his camp.
That's why she got the award.
Congratulations Caroline. This award is not a result of spin or commercial interests. It's for journalistic integrity. Something we too often do not see but cannot do without.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:29 am
Post subject: Caroline Wilson Wins Australia's Top Journo AwardReply with quote

She's loathed and loved in equal measure in the broader community, but here at Nick's she's just loathed. On the weekend Caro won Australia's top journalists' prize, The Graham Perkin Award, for her work on the Essendon saga.
She also won the Quill Award for best columnist. Well deserved.
Caro cops heaps of disgusting abuse mostly because she is a woman and also because well, she's a journalist doing her job. I don't always like what she writes and she sometimes really annoys, but gee I admire her courage and tenacity.

Some of my Essendon friends were enraged all over again yesterday.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am
Post subject: Re: Caroline Wilson Wins Australia's Top Journo AwardReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Caro cops heaps of disgusting abuse mostly because she is a woman and also because well, she's a journalist doing her job.

Nope. She cops abuse because she writes lies and fabrications dressed as investigative journalism and uses her power and reach to aim at targets she doesn't like. The abuse she gets because of her appearance by certain people is of course not warranted or relevant, but it's because she's unattractive, not because she's female.

Robbo cops just as much if not more, is he abused because he's a man? What about Shehan? Don't play the gender card when it's a complete pile of horseshit.

She does her job in getting clicks and creating headlines, but a journalist she isn't. A trashy gossip columnist with a football oriented storyline would be as far as I'd go on that one.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 am
Post subject: Re: Caroline Wilson Wins Australia's Top Journo AwardReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:

Some of my Essendon friends were enraged all over again yesterday.

Laughing

i am pleased caro has been recognised for her work.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 am

Wokko wrote:
She does her job in getting clicks and creating headlines, but a journalist she isn't. A trashy gossip columnist with a football oriented storyline would be as far as I'd go on that one.

If you speak with Dane Swan, no way known would you EVER give any credit whatsoever to this crazy woman. She dishonestly victimised and targeted him like a bloody criminal this time last year.... Evil or Very Mad He strongly dislikes her and the nicest thing he says about her is that she is a bitch. Mad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 am

She has made some bad calls, like on Swannie, whom I think she got completely wrong personality wise. But, she has come out and said Hird should be, must be , sacked pronto, and I cannot argue with that one at all. ! Razz Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

If you speak with Dane Swan, no way known would you EVER give any credit whatsoever to this crazy woman. She dishonestly victimised and targeted him like a bloody criminal this time last year.... Evil or Very Mad He strongly dislikes her and the nicest thing he says about her is that she is a bitch. Mad

She has made some bad calls, like on Swannie, whom I think she got completely wrong personality wise. But, she has come out and said Hird should be, must be , sacked pronto, and I cannot argue with that one at all. ! Razz Cool

A busted up watch is right twice a day. Just wait until we're 0-3 and she calling for Buckley to be sacked and saying he's lost the players just so she can get under Ed's skin. She's a poisonous harpy.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:51 am

I'm with Wokko on this one. Couldn't give a fat rats if she is male or female. She has no interest in our game other than trying to get people the sack. This is her favourite past time. She also enjoys sticking it to our club, players & particularly president at every opportunity. She can get stuffed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: