Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suffer in your jox Mick

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Yes, Thomas looked in good nick. He was clearly unhappy about something in the relationship with Buckley (I still remember his vicious glance at the coach's box two years ago after he'd kicked a goal). Actually Carlton looked pretty well-coached in the second half once Richmond's class was blunted by fatigue. They played man-on-man, not zone, and looked pretty good doing it. I wish we would do the same.

The only thing Thomas was unhappy about was his bank balance. Carlton made an offer - we didn't match it. Simple.

I wouldn't say Carlton were well coached. All they did was play on quickly which either works or it doesn't.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:19 pm

a very comforting result
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:59 pm

MM is a premiership coach but all the apologists here for Carl achievements, under his coaching need to understand that his record is underwhelming compared to Ratten - and that's a very low benchmark.

Many others have said MM is past it - this season may confirm it.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm

I was worried looking at Mick last night; he looked out of control on many occasions and it reminded me of why the club was concerned about his health. Carlton's recent history has been very unkind to many good coaches.

And on the subject of Dollar Daisy and his ankles, we need to see how he goes in May and June. The last two years Thomas failed all tests so it is far too early to tell how his ankles will stand up. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be putting money on Dollar Daisy's ankles just yet.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm

^ Yes but the thing is, he spent most of last year recovering, pretending his ankles were injured.
He knew all along he was going to the Scum & he used us & our facilities to get himself right before crossing over.

Do you honestly believe the Scum would've taken him on if he really was inured?
Their medicos gave him the all clear.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Lazza wrote:
themonk wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Anyways, nothing wrong with Daisy's ankle, that's for sure!

As much as I enjoyed the loss, seeing Thomas move like that really hurts Crying or Very sad

I know it's early but if our decision on Thomas was purely a medical one (a big if), then our medical team may have got another one wrong.

Yeah, watched him and I'm buggered as to how the Collingwood medical team ruled that his ankles were gone... Shocked Reminds me of what they said about Stevie J's ankles years ago.... Rolling Eyes

But according to the information that has trickled through to the public domain, that wasn't the decision. The Pies decided to offer him a performance based contract appropriate for the risk he may break down in the future. Not as lucrative as the offer from Carlton but how many actually think he's worth $700K a year, I personally think they've paid overs. Lets see how he goes over the duration of his deal before we jump to too many conclusions.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Just tried to watch Mick's press conference... got about 2 minutes in before I could only think to myself "thank goodness we don't have to listen to that crap anymore". I know at times journos can ask silly questions but there's no need to be an ar**hole about it every single time.

First half daisy was barely amongst it although 9 touches isn't too bad. I can't fault our list manager for not matching their offer, no matter what happens with them this year. At the end of the day, yes he was a premiership player but for the past 2 years he had given us next to nothing. There were no guarantees he would return to anything near his best.

Next...

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Stinger wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Yes, Thomas looked in good nick. He was clearly unhappy about something in the relationship with Buckley (I still remember his vicious glance at the coach's box two years ago after he'd kicked a goal). Actually Carlton looked pretty well-coached in the second half once Richmond's class was blunted by fatigue. They played man-on-man, not zone, and looked pretty good doing it. I wish we would do the same.

The only thing Thomas was unhappy about was his bank balance. Carlton made an offer - we didn't match it. Simple.

I wouldn't say Carlton were well coached. All they did was play on quickly which either works or it doesn't.

Sorry, I don't like indulging in personal attacks, but you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, either that or deliberately lying. It has been established (did you read Heaters comments?) that Daisy wanted to stay at Collingwood, but Collingwood chucked him because Buckley doesn't have clue 1 about managing players - kinda a big deal for a coach! We offered him peanuts to stay after deciding the foot would need longer, it clearly didn't! All Daisy wanted was money in the top 35% of player earnings, if he's not in the top 35% no one is. I believe only Pendles & Swanny were his equal at Collingwood, This was just his second game in nearly a year and at a new club to boot, and he was excellent. You people with short memories forget how good he is on the big occasions, I shudder to think how well he'll play against us. Frankly given the choice between a gun player & a dud coach... well, you know the rest. If he gets two full seasons at Scumland he'll be a brown low favourite, the kind of guy who can turn a game, what sort of idiot footy department meekly gives away a player like that? The kind who perpetrate the humungous cluster*&k began in 2012.

They will continue to make such imbecilic decisions too, they have no choice. The alternative is admitting they were wrong, THAT will never happen.

Personally I enjoyed seeing him approaching his old self, he was my favourite Magpie & I can't suddenly hate him because he wears another jumper - even THAT jumper, but then neither can a lot of people, that's why they continue with the utter horseshite that he wanted to leave to get more money. The worst part is that he's young enough to become a Carlton legend, rather than a Magpie star who finished his career at another club like McKenna, Len Thompson, Max Richardson, etc, etc, etc. We've been pulling this shite for a long time!

THAT is why I want the current Coach, President & CEO gone, not because they are evil or stupid but because they can only make decisions in light of and to justify the ridiculous decisions begun in 2012, they have no choice.

Anyone know what a "Lame Duck" is?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:51 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Just tried to watch Mick's press conference... got about 2 minutes in before I could only think to myself "thank goodness we don't have to listen to that crap anymore". I know at times journos can ask silly questions but there's no need to be an ar**hole about it every single time.

First half daisy was barely amongst it although 9 touches isn't too bad. I can't fault our list manager for not matching their offer, no matter what happens with them this year. At the end of the day, yes he was a premiership player but for the past 2 years he had given us next to nothing. There were no guarantees he would return to anything near his best.

Next...

Mick's presser was painful to watch, but I forced myself through it. Just to remind myself why I'm so glad he;s not only gone, but coaching the Filth.

As for the traitor, I really couldn't care less about him any more. He's good, but not 700K good. What the Filth needed to pay overs for was a power forward, not another midfielder. Thank god they didn't get Trav.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:31 pm

for the money they spent on daisy they could have targerted a foward. Thats their big weakness/ Mick nearly blew a gasket was he ever like that at us
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Daisy moved awesome against St Kilda last year.

You know the game before he broke down and missed the rest of the year.

And the guy who reckons Daisy could win a brownlow at Carlton must be smoking the same stuff as that bloke who reckons if we didn't have the succession plan we'd be going for our 5th flag in a row this year under MM....oh it is the same bloke.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Why is everyone declaring Daisy to be 100% fit and our medical staff to be wrong already? Laughing

Just because he's managed to string together two games doesn't mean he's fine, even if he has a brilliant season it doesn't necessarily mean we made the wrong decision. The decision was probably made on a long term opinion eg: "He may recover and play some decent football in the near future, but we don't feel his ankle is going to hold up long term and he may very well suffer niggling injuries over time".

I still think we made the right choice, he's simply not worth the money they're paying him for the length of time they agreed to pay.

Last edited by King Malta on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Flashman wrote:
Daisy moved awesome against St Kilda last year.

You know the game before he broke down and missed the rest of the year.

And the guy who reckons Daisy could win a brownlow at Carlton must be smoking the same stuff as that bloke who reckons if we didn't have the succession plan we'd be going for our 5th flag in a row this year under MM....oh it is the same bloke.

Love this post, spot on.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Sour old bastard, knows he has a shit team, when he thought hed have an instant flag side. He knows it will take years to rebuild them, when he is long gone by then. Karma you old mongrel, its karma. !!

After we get pumped by 10 goals on Saturday night I'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep. Rolling Eyes

TBH I can't believe a team could play so badly and still be in it tonight, us under Bucks would have thrown the towel in after qtr time.

But let's gets behind bucks! yay!!!

Do you seriously want to sack Bucks after 1 round this season???? Rolling Eyes Like do you really mean doing this at Collingwood?

I saw enough last year mate.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Yes, suffer indeed in your jocks MM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: