Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So much for Democracy AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm
Post subject: So much for Democracy AFLReply with quote

Prior to todays say NO to variable pricing petition at the MCG Hawks Cats clash, The AFL fans association was abused and some might say even threatened by the AFL..So much for being the game for the fans, So much for democracy....The petition signing was a huge success it was simply overwhelming..Fans have simply had enough. Stay tuned for a certain story that took place at Etihad Stadium yesterday which will appear in the media tomorrow.

The treat us with contempt!!!!!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to todays petition at the MCG to say NO to variable pricing and getting permission from the MCC to use its grounds to conduct the petition The AFL fans association was abused, intimidated via phone by the AFL. So much for the peoples game, So much for democracy...We are treated with utter contempt!!!

And prepared to get into trouble for saying so..Have had enough!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 pm

And cop this!!!

The AFL's controversial ticketing policy caused more outrage ahead of the most hotly anticipated game of the season.

Club members attending the Geelong-Hawthorn clash at the MCG had been told up to the day before they must pay extra to attend.

Hours before kick-off, the AFL opened its doors for free to the same club members.

The Easter Monday MCG blockbuster between the Cats and the Hawks had been classified as an 'A-Reserve' game; every person attending was required to have an individual match ticket and could not simply swipe their membership card at the gate.

Members of both clubs were advised they must purchase a dedicated match ticket in addition to the cost of their membership. Ticket prices ranged from $8.50 to $29.00 for adults, and $2.00 to $11.00 for juniors.

But at 11am, three hours before the first bounce, the AFL issued a press release changing its mind - now both Geelong and Hawthorn members could get in by swiping their cards.

This meant that members who had already purchased a match ticket could have avoided paying extra had they waited.

Livid fans took to talkback radio and Twitter to vent their anger and frustration.

John, a 17-game Hawthorn member, told 3AW that he had decided not to purchase a match ticket given that he had already paid $264 for his membership package.

He was "furious", he said, upon hearing about the last-minute change of plan.

"It's too late now for me to come,'' he said on Monday morning. ''I'm a pensioner and I can't afford to pay extra for a game when I've already paid for 17 games," he said.

''I'm not going to get a membership at all next year.''

Jan, another Hawthorn member, said she had paid an extra $8.60 to attend the game. She wanted to know if the AFL would issue her with a refund.

Crowd numbers are down at matches this year on previous years. The highest attendance at a match so far in 2014 is 63,152 for the Collingwood v Geelong clash in round three.

After five rounds in 2013, six matches had drawn more than 70,000 people, a figure which was boosted by the Essendon-Collingwood Anzac Day game, which this year falls in round six.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fans-furious-over-geelonghawthorn-ticket-switch-20140421-zqxbq.html#ixzz2zUoUPY4r

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm

The AFL fans association will not budge..Variable Pricing must be scrapped
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Any game at a venue that holds 100,000 people should never be announced as "fully ticketed" as in 100% reserved seated.
Anybody ever had their 18 game membership declined at the MCG?? Even on ANZAC Day??
Thought not.......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Keep up the good fight Joffa. I can't be bothered paying money for a ticket to the footy to support The Fatman's retirement fund. Stuff him and all the AFL I say!

I might become a Port Melbourne supporter yet. Wink

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Why move this topic????
This issue directly affects the Collingwood match-day experience.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:58 pm

AFL are Scared of been told the Truth.

That they are Destroying the Game

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Quote:
"We made a decision given the popularity of the game, and the speed at which the public area was selling, that given the number of members that both clubs have, that we would open the AFL Reserve given that we knew we weren't going to be at capacity in the AFL Reserve," AFL manager of commercial operations Darren Birch told Fairfax Media on Monday afternoon.

"We actually made a decision to allow our members to be able to scan into that area which is a general admission area, so it's actually a good thing," Birch said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/geelonghawthorn-ticket-change-leaves-fans-furious-20140421-zqxbq.html#ixzz2zVcIhO6I

don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:24 pm

what pricks!!
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
Quote:
"We made a decision given the popularity of the game, and the speed at which the public area was selling, that given the number of members that both clubs have, that we would open the AFL Reserve given that we knew we weren't going to be at capacity in the AFL Reserve," AFL manager of commercial operations Darren Birch told Fairfax Media on Monday afternoon.

"We actually made a decision to allow our members to be able to scan into that area which is a general admission area, so it's actually a good thing," Birch said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/geelonghawthorn-ticket-change-leaves-fans-furious-20140421-zqxbq.html#ixzz2zVcIhO6I

don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

always defending the AFL aren't you, Wren.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:49 am

Why was the topic moved ??
And who moved the topic ???
Variable pricing and the shite treatment of fans is the hottest topic in football..

Has some one got their nose out of joint over the newly formed AFL fans association ???

Well we aint going away and the respect that we got today with people signing the say NO to varaible pricing petition at the MCG only proves their is a need for an association to represent the fans.

Its a shame this fansite does not see a need to support it.

Cheers Smile

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 am

No, it was moved because it's a 'football' topic not a 'Collingwood' topic

Trying very hard not to laugh as I type that

There's no anti-fan association agenda on this site (that I'm aware of)

I at least think what you're doing is great and necessary and I'm sure i'm not the only one.

But geez, the moderators here ... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: