Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Joffas open letter to the new AFL boss

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:24 am
Post subject: Joffas open letter to the new AFL bossReply with quote

Collingwood fan Joffa Corfe sends an open letter to the AFL’s new boss Gillon McLachlan on the state of the game

JOFFA CORFE Collingwood fan
Sunday Herald Sun
May 03, 2014

Dear Gillon,

Firstly let me congratulate you on your new role as CEO. My name is Joffa. We have never met but I’m the guy who celebrates Collingwood victory in the gold jacket.

Gillon, I’m worried and somewhat heartbroken at where our game is right now. Let me tell you how important football is to me and what football has done to my life.

I was evicted from home at the age of 14. It was long ago and I have moved on and done the best in life I could.

The one thing that got me through those days was my love for football; the friendship, the characters, the affordability. I was too scared to take the bad road because it would mean I would not be able to go to the footy every week. So I kept myself honest and out of trouble.

Football has been good to me it has given me so much enjoyment. More importantly, in my case, it gave me family and friendship.

Gillon, in recent times the game and going to the game just does not seem the same.

Something hard core has disappeared and we feel we are not a part of it.

With some games last year and this year, walking down to the cheersquad inside the MCG, the horrible thought of ‘what the hell am I doing here’ has entered my mind.

It’s been a fight to stay tuned in and interested.

YOU’VE GOT IT WRONG ON TICKET PRICES

Gillon, you seem like a reasonable bloke, so I have some questions for you.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-fan-joffa-corfe-sends-an-open-letter-to-the-afls-new-boss-gillon-mclachlan-on-the-state-of-the-game/story-fni5f22o-1226904475486

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

good on him
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:24 pm
Post subject: Joffa's Letter to AFL CEOReply with quote

Just read the Herald Sun published letter by Joffa to the AFL CEO Gilligan what's his name. Must say it was a wonderful passionate plea about the ongoing plight of the fans. I loved reading it and agreed with every word. Well done Joffa! All Collingwood fans can be proud that we have someone as committed to the plight of the ordinary football fan as Joffa speaking on our behalf. Lets hope the greed of the corporate AFL starts listening.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Pretty much spot on Joffa. Although being married to the daughter of an Ex spotless boss don't expect pricing of food and beverages to go south. Pretty much same as when Ron Evams was Chairman.

I reckon they need a team of South East asian street hawkers out the front flogging food. The spotless mob would be out of business except for beer. And the answer is simple.Let people bring their own, or threaten to let them. Or (and I hope not) threaten to ban it except in the bars.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 am

ronrat wrote:
The spotless mob would be out of business except for beer

Just add water
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:35 am

Fantastic letter by Joffa! Really enjoyed reading it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: