Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon revoke racist fans Membership!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Dogs seem to have that happen quite a bit Shocked

Yeah, been a couple of incidents that I have heard about last season with Daw and this year with Jetta, very sad. Happens too often with most supporters though.

GreekLunatic wrote:
They banned him good on the fans for dobbing him in

At the posting of the original thread I hadn't seen that but good on them for acting. Hoping that more do this.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 pm

So after all that happened last year and all the publicity it caused, a couple of sewer rats still persist in yelling out racial abuse.
Good on the crowd for being fed up and doing the right thing.
That's the message to the racists - if decent people hear your crap, we won't put up with it any more.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:07 am

the one thing that may change is people doing the right thing when they hear it. If one twerp holds his/her tongue because it's clear everyone is over this rubbish, then little by little....
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:28 am

Apparently the term Magilla the gorilla was used. Anyway it won't be long before we have people getting kicked out when they said nothing or had a go at someone with red hair. Or are we going to have people in the ground as judge and jury. Although in this case he admitted guilt. The search for the Doggies fans continues. Can't be that hard.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 am

ronrat wrote:
Apparently the term Magilla the gorilla was used. Anyway it won't be long before we have people getting kicked out when they said nothing or had a go at someone with red hair. Or are we going to have people in the ground as judge and jury. Although in this case he admitted guilt. The search for the Doggies fans continues. Can't be that hard.

So you see nothing wrong with calling someone with red hair names? Is it just dark skinned people who can be racially abused?

My son was abused recently at a junior game by a parent, calling him a 'ranga retard' more than once. He finds it very offensive.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:21 am

David wrote:
Of course, we could be pissed off that an Aboriginal player is still being subjected to this stuff in 2014.

But no, let's have a go at him instead. Rolling Eyes

Bloody oath, some of the response on here is absolutely ridiculous.

Some people need to grow up.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:38 am

Cool Essenscum fans object to bad words thrown around ( as they should) but still turn up to cheer their drug cheat players, and boo off the field an injured man, well im glad they have some moral high ground
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:44 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
ronrat wrote:

So you see nothing wrong with calling someone with red hair names? Is it just dark skinned people who can be racially abused?

My son was abused recently at a junior game by a parent, calling him a 'ranga retard' more than once. He finds it very offensive.

That's disgusting I hope you reported the parent, should be thrown out. Shouldn't even take names being called, should not yell out at an opposition player at junior level at all.

Had a mum attack one of my kids after a netball game for pushing, I told her no, you have a problem go into the office and report it, then they can come to me as coach, but you don't barrel into a 13 year old kid. The woman's an umpire now! Scary

Racial abuse protection and any form of bullying should be for all everyone, and it's not reverse racism it's just racism

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 am

think positive wrote:
Cool Essenscum fans object to bad words thrown around (as they should) but still turn up to cheer their drug cheat players, and boo off the field an injured man, well im glad they have some moral high ground

I know right!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:06 pm

David wrote:
Of course, we could be pissed off that an Aboriginal player is still being subjected to this stuff in 2014.

But no, let's have a go at him instead. Rolling Eyes

Problem was Goodes made last years incident all about himself rather than bringing the girl into the discussion so she could learn from her mistake and horror have to share the limelight with her he wanted it all for himself and look at the honor it's bought him. Rolling Eyes
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:

During the discussion on Facebook I had mentioned that even though some of these names like 'ranga', 'ape' can be seen as 'soft' by many they still hurt some people. Some may laugh off being called a ranga, or something but for most these names aren't a badge of honour.

Also shows we should be careful of what we shout at games, and call people in public cause what we think is a joke could really do some damage to someone. But in your sons case that's very offensive and very wrong and I am saddened that some parent would ever say that.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-fans-boo-boo-20140520-zrj2t.html

Quote:
But some Essendon fans made it clear this week that they booed because they disliked Goodes. This is contentious territory. None know him personally, and so object to an image. Necessarily, that image is bound up in race. Apart from his brilliance as a footballer, Goodes is best known as an ambassador for indigenous Australia. He is the reigning Australian of the Year because of it. Fans who boo the Goodes persona are giving voice to latent racism. Fans previously have abhorred what they thought they knew of other footballers - Wayne Carey was one - but rarely did it lead to gratuitous match-day booing.

Bolded sentence ..... what a load of codswallop!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:29 pm

I actually agree with you there, PP. Champion players get booed all the time. Why would Goodes be any different?

Some people may just be booing him because of the colour of his skin, but how would you know? It's an absurdly long bow to draw on the part of the journalist and just feeds into any resentment against him that may already be felt by the less educated members of our community.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So where is the Massive UpRoar like when happened last year with Collingwood

Incident reported in the news up here in Qld

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Since we are being turned into a PC police state it is no wonder crowds are massively down in Melbourne. Call the Anti-social Hotline. Yeah right. You can hardly barrack at all these days without somebody getting offended.

People calling others names are silly. People grandstanding about it are only making a backlash more likely. Let me put it this way, if Goodes had said nothing about the little girl calling him names last year, no one would have known anything about it. And there'd be no copycat name callers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: