Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#46 Mason Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Umpires are just jealous of our big cox.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Who gives Grundy a chop out in the ruck if Cox is back in the VFL still not getting the free kicks he deserves ?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Linus Torvalds. Smile
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Must take responsibility and take the shot at goal. Can kick 50m. You wouldn't see Solomon Grundy passing those up. Kick the goal Mason! Unless there is a leg issue, he does seem a bit hobbly at times.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 pm

I don't mind him so long as he's marking the ball. There's no excuse for a bloke his size to not clunk a dozen a game. All this bollocks about him 'bringing the ball to ground' or 'creating a contest' is crap. You need to mark the ball to put fear into your opponents. His positioning is all over the place sometimes. He needs to own the contest and take the responsibility to go back and kick the goal as well. I fear that opposition sides have him worked out and the marks we see in the last 15 mins of the game are due to opposition fatigue rather than his ability. I understand he's a work in progress and still developing but we need more effort from him. He needs to smash packs like they smash him. Stick it to them Mase!
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:52 pm

He marks in the last quarter when he moves up the ground and gets a run at the ball. Once he clunks one he clunks another.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Mason does his job, at the very least, he worries the shit outa Defenders with his height, 2 Opponents HAVE to go to him, to counter his marking very high reach, so that leaves us a forward free, not minded. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 pm

If you think about the Natanui suspension and the Cox fine you could come to the conclusion that these blokes are being penalised for their height. The only players that Cox could tackle without risking penalties for head high tackles under the current interpretations are Sandilands and Gawn.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Just a couple of things I noticed about Mason where he needs to improve..

In a static play siuation when we have the ball, either from a mark/free kick, and Mason is 1 kick away, he needs to get on the move and give the kicker the option where to put the ball so he can run and jump at it...short, zig-zag leads so he loses his opponent. Moore does this very well.
Instead he just stands there, gives the kicker no indication where to put the ball, and invites the kicker to kick the ball high on his head, where he's got no hope of taking the mark. It's too easy to defend, and plays into he opposition hands. Too lazy Mason.

When he jumps for a mark, he needs to attack the aerial ball with strong hands.
For a chest mark, jump and curl your body to shield the ball from any defenders. Basic stuff.

I liked the way he chased against the Doggies. He came into the game in the 2nd half and looked more determined. He's also more athletic than people think.

Overall, he's doing fine. He gives our forward like another angle and makes the opposition worry. Keep playing him.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Johnny Five is Alive!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 pm

His worth has been shown late in games and will be critical in close games as whats the old saying about how tall players don't get any shorter late in the game?

In the Brisbane game and on Friday night, they can jump all over him most of the night but as players tire and can no longer keep 3 players hanging off him, he gets a run at the ball and takes the grabs.

Of course if we could find a coach to set up to his strengths it would help. Give him some space, kick it in front of him, not let the opposition flood back and have 3 hang off him and a 4th in front of him.

As for being unable to kick more than 30, so? Open the forward line, play him out of the goal square, its what they used to do in the VFL
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm

i was a big doubter but now. i think he can make it. hoping he can keep 8mproving at the current rate. first time i saw him put a lace out 40m pass to a leading forward on fri. he might just have the last laugh the big fella
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:27 pm

COX ist the best target we have had in yrs, drags best defender, brings the ball to the ground, and no he doesnt get big stats, put his clever tap ons have led to numerouse goals n shots on goal n his effort has been great , would not have won at least 2 games weve won without him, he is well worth his spot, as Cam said must take some more shots, n Reid needs to be further away from him
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Achilles heel my ar5e. If we were relying on Cox to kick 3 every week to win then yes it’d be a problem. But we don’t. Looked at the ladder knackers? We’re going OK. Stupid post.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Damien wrote:
Achilles heel my ar5e. If we were relying on Cox to kick 3 every week to win then yes it’d be a problem. But we don’t. Looked at the ladder knackers? We’re going OK. Stupid post.

quite agree, always dangerous - and i reckon the footy shows tonight will be highlighting how he is getting scragged, so it might change nex week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 84 of 178   

Jump to: