Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Open Mike with Alan Stoneham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm
Post subject: Open Mike with Alan StonehamReply with quote

I know it's not Collingwood related but I thought this episode was one of the best I have seen. It's was raw and compelling. He is a relative of mine but only met him the once being in the same work trade as he once was.

His playing days will be remembered for wearing Ted Whitten's number 3 but more so Dipper smashing his face in with a fore arm to the face breaking his nose and cheekbone closing his left eye instantly yet he returned to the game and played the following week. Boy those days were tough compared to the cinderallas that play today. Even had a little chuckle when he said he had a beer with Dipper after the game.

The show changed dramatically when they spoke on the topic of his son who murdered his ex girlfriend. What a sad and horrible and life changing event. You couldn't put into words what he would have gone through but I admire his strength on talking about an unthinkable circumstance.

For those who have Foxtel and haven't watched it I highly recommend you record it.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Open Mike with Alan StonehamReply with quote

BUCKS THE GREATEST wrote:
I know it's not Collingwood related but I thought this episode was one of the best I have seen. It's was raw and compelling. He is a relative of mine but only met him the once being in the same work trade as he once was.

His playing days will be remembered for wearing Ted Whitten's number 3 but more so Dipper smashing his face in with a fore arm to the face breaking his nose and cheekbone closing his left eye instantly yet he returned to the game and played the following week. Boy those days were tough compared to the cinderallas that play today. Even had a little chuckle when he said he had a beer with Dipper after the game.

The show changed dramatically when they spoke on the topic of his son who murdered his ex girlfriend. What a sad and horrible and life changing event. You couldn't put into words what he would have gone through but I admire his strength on talking about an unthinkable circumstance.

For those who have Foxtel and haven't watched it I highly recommend you record it.

I watched it yesterday and agree that it's the best Open Mike yet, which is saying a bit because it is an excellent show.

It's very rare to hear from the parents or family of the perpetrator which added an extra element to this show. Stoneham was clearly shattered by what happened, felt enormous sympathy to the parents of the victim and the victim herself (who he loved and still loves like a daughter) but still can't and wont turn his back on his son.

It was confronting stuff and just shows how these bloody senseless crimes continue to affect all families and friends involved long after what's happened has faded from public consciousness.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Great viewing. Love the footy coverage on foxtel...Shows like AFL 360 are so much better than the crap served up by shows like Footy Classified. They actually talk football...radical hey? Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:46 pm

I watched the start of it but went to bed and missed the bit about the son.

Open Mike is a very good program, he does dig down it's not just puff piece journalism. I usually record it, I'll need to check if I got that one.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Agree with everything said in this thread.
Except when that drunk overpaid clown that smokes 4 packs a day goes on one of his incoherent rants on 360........

Open Mike is on series link on mine. Great show.

And feel for Allan Stoneham, as a parent I can't imagine what he's going through.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: