Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who'll be sacked first?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm
Post subject: Who'll be sacked first?Reply with quote

Hardwick or McCartney?

Both the Tigers and Bulldogs have been by a long way the most disappointing sides this season. These two coaches have had long enough and appear to have lost the players (not that their playing groups are anything special).

My money is on Hardwick, especially with two spankings in a row coming up (Freo and Sydney). And we all know how impatient the Tiger fan base is. Talkback radio will be full of calls for his head now.

But Brendon McCartney has been getting away with murder for too long as well. Up till now people have said he's a good teacher of the players. But this season they have fallen back so far that you can't use this excuse again.

Ken Hinkley is now the coaching benchmark and the way he has turned a basketcase club around shows that coaching matters. No excuses cut it anymore. I think both Hardwick and McCartney will be gone by season's end. But my money is on Hardwick first.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They're both safe
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Don't write off Richardsin being given marching orders at the Aints either.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:26 pm

McCartney is okay and Hardwick has a 2 year deal he just Signed at seasons start
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:35 pm

I'm betting on Collie dog being sacked for another Jack Spain replacement.
holdencaulfield 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Dimma
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 am
Post subject: WellReply with quote

The problem with these Clubs and multi year coaching contracts is they persist for too long with coaches that will never be successful. Look how quickly Ross Lyon turned Freemantle around. One summer training session. Melbourne have started showing form under Roo's, but seriously that is like giving Bart Cummings a donkey and expecting him to make it win the Melbourne Cup. Carlton were a good side improving and they dumped Rats for a bloke that has to seriously be questioned. Footscray are a disgrace of a Club. Richmond are worse with their ego leaders on and off field. Hardwick cannot possibly coach a side like that and succeed with the ego maniacs that roam the corridors of power at Richmond. I pitty him cos he seems like a good bloke. Sackings. I am betting Brisbane, Carlton, and a mystery club.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 am

Malthouse Beware.

Swann gone, Kernahan gone, new President - Big Watch in my opinion...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 am

I had Bucks in the top 4 after round 1, glad I was wrong, Hardwick for me.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 am

MM
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:31 am

If Carlton don't scrape into the 8 this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malthouse step aside. Hardwick would be under the pump too, contract or no contract. Richardson is safe, surelyhardly his fault he's been handed the worst line-up in the competition. How long's McCartney been there now? Would have thought they'd give him more than a year or two to prove himself.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:55 am

David wrote:
If Carlton don't scrape into the 8 this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malthouse step aside. Hardwick would be under the pump too, contract or no contract. Richardson is safe, surelyhardly his fault he's been handed the worst line-up in the competition. How long's McCartney been there now? Would have thought they'd give him more than a year or two to prove himself.

The scum want sack Mick, the Lolz would be to epic, and TBH he hasn't done a bad job with the rabble he inherited, he'll get another year.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:00 am

1. MM
2. DH
3. BM
4. AC*

bit of a wild card due to circumstances

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:05 am

To be honest.

I'd add Brad Scott to the list.

This week and last week aside, they are a rabble. They are up and they are down.

Scott has been with them for 5yrs now and if they do SFA again this year, then you would have to assume that they would have to consider replacing him.

I wouldn't even have St Kilda's coach on the list. Saints supporters and the footy club know they are rebuilding and they have big issues at hand, like a 6m+ debt.

He's safe.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:34 am

Hardwick is under the pump big time they gave up and 35 point lead at half time last night to loss by 28.
But it's his players not the coach who are shite.

MM simply put can't get with the modern game. I believe whole heatedly now Eddie saw this a few years ago that MM was so arrogant that he wouldn't change his style under any circumstances so Eddie made a choice to bet the house on Bucks. At the moment I think Eddie has been proven correct.

McCartney has a horrible list of mediocre players with a couple of aging decent players and no money to do anything.

Richardson is in an horrible position he has a crumbling list, no money and a club devoid of heart. I feel for him as I believe he can coach.

For mine Adam Simpson is under huge pressure. He inherited a club in or around the finals and with every possible resource at his disposal. They have since become a basket case and look horrible for most part (barring the odd patch)

Both Scott brothers are skating under the radar a bit as there respective sides are showing signs of inconsistency. Geelong have been up for a long time and have done well to starve off a rebuild but I think now they are going to have to confront it. North have primed themselves for a tilt this year the past few years but they can go to sleep for half a game to often.

Coaching is a hard gig and so much depends on so many things out of a coaches control. Wouldn't like to do it personally.

So my sacking watch in order is as follows.

1- Hardwick
2- Simpson
3- MM
4- McCartney
5- Richardson
6- A Scott brother
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: