Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who'll be sacked first?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenny wrote:
To be honest.

I'd add Brad Scott to the list.

This week and last week aside, they are a rabble. They are up and they are down.

Scott has been with them for 5yrs now and if they do SFA again this year, then you would have to assume that they would have to consider replacing him.

I wouldn't even have St Kilda's coach on the list. Saints supporters and the footy club know they are rebuilding and they have big issues at hand, like a 6m+ debt.

He's safe.

They're one game from top 4, the only team to beat Port, they beat Sydney an Freo away and they've finally won two on the trot after being 6 goals down. Me thinks Brad Scott is getting a contract extension.

Hardwick should be the 1st to go but I doubt his President has got the balls. Toothless as AFLPA president and now as club president. Nice bloke though.

Adam Simpson should be worried.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:03 pm

I'd think Adam Simpson will be fine at least this season, and maybe next season. Hardwick would probably be on shaky ground, but probably would only be sacked if they convince Mark Williams to take control of this rabble.

McCartney might also be given a bit more time, certainly if things do not turnaround and he gets a couple of wins he might be also in trouble.

Question remains, who coaches the sides once they sack these people? I don't think either side can afford to try another untried coach, and the list of possibles isn't really that long.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Malt house is so gone,
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

New CEO, new President, team seriously under performing, MM is the one standing in liquid fecal matter up to his neck, hoping like hell for someone to throw him some floaties.
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:30 am

McCartney wont go, the damage for this team was there before he acquired the team, they have players at the end of their careers and players at the start, not many in the middle. also they lack key position players.

Hardwick should be safe however it is richmond and you never know. he deserves to stay after what his done for the club so far.

Its hard to see who is in danger but if Bomber Thompson wants to coach again someone will get the flick unless he goes to the dees for a year or 2 and takes over from Roos
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Hardwick should be safe? Why? Because they made finals and lost to Carlton? This team was meant to be on the way up and are now on track to finish bottom 4 with no significant injuries to explain it. They are easily the most disappointing team of the season.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm waiting for the big Richmond trade-coup. Will it be Judd or will they bring back John Annear?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:21 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Brenny wrote:
To be honest.

I'd add Brad Scott to the list.

This week and last week aside, they are a rabble. They are up and they are down.

Scott has been with them for 5yrs now and if they do SFA again this year, then you would have to assume that they would have to consider replacing him.

I wouldn't even have St Kilda's coach on the list. Saints supporters and the footy club know they are rebuilding and they have big issues at hand, like a 6m+ debt.

He's safe.

They're one game from top 4, the only team to beat Port, they beat Sydney an Freo away and they've finally won two on the trot after being 6 goals down. Me thinks Brad Scott is getting a contract extension.

Hardwick should be the 1st to go but I doubt his President has got the balls. Toothless as AFLPA president and now as club president. Nice bloke though.

Adam Simpson should be worried.

Well given there president is a woman it's safe to say you're correct.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 pm

^

Same applies to their CEO though. Razz

Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:25 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Hardwick should be safe? Why? Because they made finals and lost to Carlton? This team was meant to be on the way up and are now on track to finish bottom 4 with no significant injuries to explain it. They are easily the most disappointing team of the season.

Didn't the stupid bastards extend his contract for another two years, sometime last year. Would be a nice payout.

And you would think they'd want an experienced coach this time, or maybe a Ling or Robert Harvey.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Admittedly, before we start writing Hardwick's epitaph, he did get them into the finals for about the first time in a thousand years in 2013. They seem to be going backwards this year, but you don't sack a coach over one bad season. Well, you do if you're Richmond.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 pm

If sacking the coach is the answer, then Richmond should be the most successful club in the league by now.
Stuck on the hamster wheel again Tigers?
Dumbos.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:04 am

David wrote:
Admittedly, before we start writing Hardwick's epitaph, he did get them into the finals for about the first time in a thousand years in 2013. They seem to be going backwards this year, but you don't sack a coach over one bad season. Well, you do if you're Richmond.

And St Kilda.

Stan Alves got them to the 1997 GF and the finals in 98 and was given the boot straight after only for St Kilda to enter an absolute abyss of mediocrity. Likewise Grant Thomas.

Just a terrible culture of prematurely sacking coaches from both clubs.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm

I would hate to see Hardwick go as i can see definite improvement, in spite of all the losses over the past two years.

compared to Roos at Melbourne he is doing very nicely, and a team with a genuine shot at the title could do worse than pick him up, say for example if Clarkson didn't get better soon. The problem is really the folks on the park, and how much realistic improvement we can expect from the current Richmond side.
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:30 pm

might just put my money on Hird as the first to go after tonites news
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: