Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reality Check

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reality CheckReply with quote

In some ways the loss is really simple.....fans wanted to know where we are at....well now we know. Were we missing a few players today?. Yes, Were we coming off a six day break, and playing a side that has been in the media spotlight all week?. Yes, are we good enough to make top four? well the next few weeks will tell us. A few too many people want to blame Adams for the loss ... or the umpires or both.....i know you won't see reason. I would just say....we have allot of improvement left. take a few deep breaths ...maybe cold shower... Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldogs played better for longer. i am not that disheartened by the loss. we did well to get back into it toward the end after being run over for most of the day.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Reality CheckReply with quote

derkd wrote:
In some ways the loss is really simple.....fans wanted to know where we are at....well now we know. Were we missing a few players today?. Yes, Were we coming off a six day break, and playing a side that has been in the media spotlight all week?. Yes, are we good enough to make top four? well the next few weeks will tell us. A few too many people want to blame Adams for the loss ... or the umpires or both.....i know you won't see reason. I would just say....we have allot of improvement left. take a few deep breaths ...maybe cold shower... Wink

Yes. A team full of youngsters and we'll bounce back. Nicks is not a pleasant place to be early in the week after a loss

richo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Sydney, the premiership favourites, lost to GWS. Things can change quickly, beat hawthorn and this week is an aberration. And I reckon we will beat the hawks.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
bulldogs played better for longer. i am not that disheartened by the loss. we did well to get back into it toward the end after being run over for most of the day.

Totally agree, some fans just wont accept being beaten by a better side on the day. And i agree we showed a bit at the end. It takes time to build a young side....Look at Port now, and look where they were this time last year....fair bit of inspiration in that sides effort to date!
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Derkd & John Wren.... you are both soft !
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:24 pm

would you care to elaborate? Smile
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Mid season struggles? Resting players? Sounds like an increased training load and managing players ready for finals. Every year it's the same, every year the sky is falling. Round 11&12 2010 we barely scraped by the Bulldogs then drew with Melbourne and the sky was falling. People never learn.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Wokko wrote:
Mid season struggles? Resting players? Sounds like an increased training load and managing players ready for finals. Every year it's the same, every year the sky is falling. Round 11&12 2010 we barely scraped by the Bulldogs then drew with Melbourne and the sky was falling. People never learn.

It's a bit far out to be increasing the training load. Anyway Port seems to be miles fitter than us and they would have beaten Sydney if not for some Buddy magic. If we are running out of legs now this season may as well be a write off. Mind you anything is possible when we hire a fitness "guru" from St Blunder. What the hell could they be thinking? Shocked

Next week will be a true acid test. I just hope we can recover enough to beat Carlton.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 pm

collie dog wrote:
Wokko wrote:

It's a bit far out to be increasing the training load. Anyway Port seems to be miles fitter than us and they would have beaten Sydney if not for some Buddy magic. If we are running out of legs now this season may as well be a write off. Mind you anything is possible when we hire a fitness "guru" from St Blunder. What the hell could they be thinking? Shocked

Next week will be a true acid test. I just hope we can recover enough to beat Carlton.

Also forgot to add we got beaten in rounds 9 & 10 in 2010 as well. Just seems to be the ebb and flow of this club that we drop off a bit mid year. Not being in the inner sanctum I have to make guesses as to why, and increased training and/or player management is the most likely scenario. Could also be psychological, I mean there was a period of a few years that we never, ever won a game in June (or was it May? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) Laughing
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Today for me was about work rate. The Bulldogs out ran us, worked harder than us and looked more hungry. I don't know how some weeks we can come out and pressure the opposition for 4 quarters and some weeks we look like we are going through the motions. I am glad we didn't pinch the win in the end as we didn't deserve it. If you put in the work you get the results and today the Bulldogs did.

Countless times I watched how the teamed together in support to bust their guts just to give their teammate a target or a link to carry the ball forward. When I looked at us many were struggling to run 30 meters to provide a target, no wonder we were so stagnant most of the day. At one point I watched Mitch bloody Wallace run 60m to provide a target for a kick in and his opponent either couldn't go with him or decided not to.

God won't be able to save us next week if we aren't prepared to put in the effort.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:07 pm

richo wrote:
Sydney, the premiership favourites, lost to GWS. Things can change quickly, beat hawthorn and this week is an aberration. And I reckon we will beat the hawks.

I want you to take those pills and pour them down the sink!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Where did you hear that?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Today for me was about work rate. The Bulldogs out ran us, worked harder than us and looked more hungry. I don't know how some weeks we can come out and pressure the opposition for 4 quarters and some weeks we look like we are going through the motions. I am glad we didn't pinch the win in the end as we didn't deserve it. If you put in the work you get the results and today the Bulldogs did.

Countless times I watched how the teamed together in support to bust their guts just to give their teammate a target or a link to carry the ball forward. When I looked at us many were struggling to run 30 meters to provide a target, no wonder we were so stagnant most of the day. At one point I watched Mitch bloody Wallace run 60m to provide a target for a kick in and his opponent either couldn't go with him or decided not to.

God won't be able to save us next week if we aren't prepared to put in the effort.

^^^ this^^^

We looked very slow today when all week we've heard how the lions out paced the dogs.
We heard all week now bad they are and how much better team we are
Well on paper it's true but when it came down to effort and desire we weren't close to them today.
Beams out wouldn't make the difference. Sure he might have kicked a goal or 2 but when 60% of his team mates are down the team is shot.

Just proves when your off by10-15% and the opposition has a point to prove then your in trouble.
Pray for some attitude adjustments during the week
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

It's alway about a work rate with a scrubber slightly better than average side like ours, just like I said for months,
We got rid of our class players and the ones we have get dropped on the back of one quiet game in favour of coach's pets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: