Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

J Brown Retires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have loved him in black and white, admired his courage and his ability as well as his character. Always straight forward will be a big loss to the game, but his overall health should be what is the main focus here.

Had an outstanding career, and wish him all the success in the world in retirement. Still hate the Lions though. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Jezza wrote:
A great career by a well-liked player but not surprised by his decision to retire. Brown never reached the heights of Carey as some were comparing him to early in his career but nevertheless he's had a stellar career.

I think he's made the right call for the sake of his health and family. He's had too many concussions for anyone's liking so I think it's a wise call by him to call it quits now.

A great career by a towering presence and I wish him all the best in his next stage of his life. He'll be remembered as a Brisbane champion especially during the period of their struggles which are ongoing currently.

Well-played Browny!

Nicely worded Jezza.

The hypothetical question - if you could have a beer with 3 current AFL footballers, who would they be. Mine have been for a long time J.Brown, L.Hodge and L.Hayes

Looks like I need to find another to fill that slot at the bar. L.Ball come on down...
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Jezza wrote:
A great career by a well-liked player but not surprised by his decision to retire. Brown never reached the heights of Carey as some were comparing him to early in his career but nevertheless he's had a stellar career.

I think he's made the right call for the sake of his health and family. He's had too many concussions for anyone's liking so I think it's a wise call by him to call it quits now.

A great career by a towering presence and I wish him all the best in his next stage of his life. He'll be remembered as a Brisbane champion especially during the period of their struggles which are ongoing currently.

Well-played Browny!

Exactly Jezza I always appreciated his courage and hence the continued concussions. Doctor Larkins tipped this last night on Ed & Derm that the Brisbane medical staff told him at the beginning of the year one more mate and it's over.
I hope he has a equally successful life after football as he did during it.
I for one would have loved to see him in a magpie jersey that's for sure.
A champion player
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:45 pm

think positive wrote:
sorry guys, didn't see this one, was pissed off at the other one, so didn't look before I started the tribute thread!
mods please delete the other, but my words stand:

We all love football, and with out worthy opponents there is no worthwhile game for us to watch,

So put your good stuff here. and id respectfully ask that those with nothing nice to say, simply go on to the next thread.

Well done Browny. you and your mates might have broken my heart on that one day in September, 2002, but there is no doubt in my mind your a champion. a true Aussie Legend.

Always put your body on the line, those scars will always attest to that.

Played a year too long? or played an extra year to support the kids?

whatever, I salute you and heartfeltly, thankyou for the memories.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-champion-jonathan-brown-announces-retirement/story-fni5f4q3-1226963635314

Great words and I completely agree.

Good luck browny in life after football I'm sure if you show the same dedication and courage you will have success in any field you choose.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

think positive wrote:
sorry guys, didn't see this one, was pissed off at the other one, so didn't look before I started the tribute thread!
mods please delete the other, but my words stand:

We all love football, and with out worthy opponents there is no worthwhile game for us to watch,

So put your good stuff here. and id respectfully ask that those with nothing nice to say, simply go on to the next thread.

Well done Browny. you and your mates might have broken my heart on that one day in September, 2002, but there is no doubt in my mind your a champion. a true Aussie Legend.

Always put your body on the line, those scars will always attest to that.

Played a year too long? or played an extra year to support the kids?

whatever, I salute you and heartfeltly, thankyou for the memories.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-champion-jonathan-brown-announces-retirement/story-fni5f4q3-1226963635314

Well-said TP! Completely agree with you!

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:28 am

matrix10 wrote:
should have happened 2 years ago.

Most overrated player since Sticks Kernahan- and like sticks has played a massive part in the downfall of his club.

Brisbane would not be in the dire position it is now had Brown not been idolised and allowed to create a bullying culture that is best suited country footy of the 1970s

Good riddance

100% agreement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: