Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rating our selections. What do you think?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you rate our drafting this year
Highly pleased
31%
 31%  [ 18 ]
Pleased
45%
 45%  [ 26 ]
Neither here nor there
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Disappointed
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased overall but I must admit I was slightly underwhelmed at the start.

Stoked about Darcy Moore at pick 9 and I'm starting to really come around with De Goey, and Maynard at pick 30 impressed me based on his highlights reel especially with his aggression, kicking penetration and his tackling.

The only concern for me is Matthew Goodyear because of poor kicking efficiency but if Hine and his colleagues thinks he's worth it then I'm happy as well. However it would have been great to get Tom Langdon's younger brother Ed who ended up going to Fremantle at pick 54.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Absolutely loving De Goey's profile all except the part about averaging only 15 disposals a game?
Wow obviously something that can be addressed and hopefully it was because he spent a lot of time in the forward line where possessions don't get racked up nearly as easily as in defence or midfeld.

Stoked about Moore and Maynard. and like others I feel a bit flat about Goodyear, but hey its 48!
However couldn't we have picked up an obscure Hine special from the bush, like some exciting aboriginal springheeled goalkicking sensation from Kalgoorlie ( or has spending cuts left us with little room for scouring our bushlands ). Pick 48 just seemed like an unoriginal straight up and down bronze medallist at best attempt by our genius. Hope he is enjoying his job and is sure about Goodyear, especially considering the depth of the draft and how we passed on Cavka, Cunico, Langdon and Howard. BTW FYI WTF WIK IMHO LMFAO

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Absolutely loving De Goey's profile all except the part about averaging only 15 disposals a game?
Wow obviously something that can be addressed and hopefully it was because he spent a lot of time in the forward line where possessions don't get racked up nearly as easily as in defence or midfeld.

Stoked about Moore and Maynard. and like others I feel a bit flat about Goodyear, but hey its 48!
However couldn't we have picked up an obscure Hine special from the bush, like some exciting aboriginal springheeled goalkicking sensation from Kalgoorlie ( or has spending cuts left us with little room for scouring our bushlands ). Pick 48 just seemed like an unoriginal straight up and down bronze medallist at best attempt by our genius. Hope he is enjoying his job and is sure about Goodyear, especially considering the depth of the draft and how we passed on Cavka, Cunico, Langdon and Howard. BTW FYI WTF WIK IMHO LMFAO

Hine on Goodyear:

Pick No. 48 - Matthew Goodyear

Derek Hine says: "He has been able to come in and play at the highest level when the game is at its hottest. He has some work to do on his kicking but his speed/endurance combination and his ability to move laterally is impressive."

Sounds encouraging.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 pm

watt price tully wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Hine on Goodyear:

Pick No. 48 - Matthew Goodyear

Derek Hine says: "He has been able to come in and play at the highest level when the game is at its hottest. He has some work to do on his kicking but his speed/endurance combination and his ability to move laterally is impressive."

Sounds encouraging.

Indeed it does and to be honest the highlight package shows his kicking was good albeit only on his right foot however Dekka has seen something. Maybe Dekka has put trust in our new biomechanics guy and knows he can fix his kicking up. Could be a pearler. Thanx for the encouraging news I didn't see Dekkas review on Goodyear. Ill sleep a bit easier tonight.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Based on the fact that I've got KFI I've come away from the draft satisfied that Hine has picked the best available talent he could get, hopefully they live up to our lofty expectations.

Revisit this thread in 2-4 years and I'll give a more informed opinion.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 pm

John Wren wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
didick wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
A little underwhelmed actually......but honestly wtfwik? Rolling Eyes

I think there should be a wtfwik voting option.

Essentially, that was in the OP: that is, notwithstanding the fact that most of us know SFA about the recruits what is your opinion?

i am waiting for murdoch (or any of a number of nick's posters) to tell me what it is.

Rupert & Keith send their regards: Wink Razz

AFL Draft 2014: Jordan De Goey one of three new aggressive Collingwood midfielders

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2014-jordan-de-goey-one-of-three-new-aggressive-collingwood-midfielders/story-fni5f6hd-1227137539319

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 am

I have no idea ...? I paid thousands for a share in a nag that couldn't run out of sight on a dark night....

Later...

I paid a few hundred bucks for 10% in another one and she's had a win and 2 thirds from her last 4 starts. .... ??? !!?

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:48 am

time will obviously tell, but it feels a bit anti-climactic tbh. Especially after Essendon stole the draft with two of our favoured picks outside of the first round. Pick 5 seems overs for De Goey, Maynard looks good but I can remember one poster being dead against him, & Goodyear looks like another Sinclair. So no real bargains from I can see, other than Moore at 9, & no genuine excitement.

& hine def has his types, with Goodyear = Sinclair with a slight bit of Broomhead in him, and Maynard = Marley Williams.

So De Goey averaged 15 possessions at TAC level, was not one of the best mids in the championships, and we paid pick 5 for him?? Dekka better know something that we don't, because this could severely dent his reputation if 10 other later picked players turn out to be better than him.

& I'll be long remembering that at different stages, we passed on Lamb, Langdon, Daniel, Laverde, Wright, Lever, Ahern, MacKenzie... and Anderson at pick 75.

We wont be highly marked by the draft watchers, and I am v envious of Melbourne, St Kilda, GWS and Essendon in all of this...
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 am

^^ Cityslick you pretty much summed up my thoughts there as I thought St Kilda, Essendon, Melbourne & GWS will be very happy with what transpired. Especially Essendon getting those two, with where they were sitting in the pecking order.

My takeaway from Hine's words "it was all about that multi-dimensional type player in this draft" - so I hope that's what we got.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:54 am

We have lost so much grunt around the ball in recent times we needed to top up, on the surface in these early years these kids fill the bill. Goo looks hard and tough enough Maynard looks to be an absolute monster coming off the half back flank and pushing midwise and young Goody is a speculative pick of course at 48 but also a good size.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:33 am

cityslick1 wrote:
time will obviously tell, but it feels a bit anti-climactic tbh. Especially after Essendon stole the draft with two of our favoured picks outside of the first round. Pick 5 seems overs for De Goey, Maynard looks good but I can remember one poster being dead against him, & Goodyear looks like another Sinclair. So no real bargains from I can see, other than Moore at 9, & no genuine excitement.

& hine def has his types, with Goodyear = Sinclair with a slight bit of Broomhead in him, and Maynard = Marley Williams.

So De Goey averaged 15 possessions at TAC level, was not one of the best mids in the championships, and we paid pick 5 for him?? Dekka better know something that we don't, because this could severely dent his reputation if 10 other later picked players turn out to be better than him.

& I'll be long remembering that at different stages, we passed on Lamb, Langdon, Daniel, Laverde, Wright, Lever, Ahern, MacKenzie... and Anderson at pick 75.

We wont be highly marked by the draft watchers, and I am v envious of Melbourne, St Kilda, GWS and Essendon in all of this...

Laverde averages fewer possessions than DeGoey and went higher in the draft meaning most clubs agreed with Collingwood's decision to draft DeGoey ahead of Laverde. Also DeGoey is more of a spare parts man working between half back and half forward which is the prototype AFL footballer these days. Goodyear averaged more possessions than DeGoey but he works out of the centre. Both played in the TAC cup final, but DeGoey was the match winner with three goals. Footballers can rack up possessions in the backline by kicking the ball back and forward to each other - possessions aren't everything. It's impact you're looking for.

For the sake of comparisons, we got DeGoey and Maynard inside the first 30 picks, while Essendon got Laverde and Langford. Langford was a bolter for some reason and went before Laverde. While I like Laverde, our combination of DeGoey and Maynard have the better credentials.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 am

cityslick1 wrote:

it seems a lot of weight is given to performance in the tac cup gf. de goey kicked three goals that day. there is talk that maynard is the steal of the draft. goodyear, who knows.

as for being envious of st kilda, melbourne and gws, given they all had picks ahead of us it seems a wasted emotion to be envious. essendon got lucky but for all the predraft talk and mock drafts a player's worth is not determined until his name gets called out. clearly, the likes of langford and laverde were also either not rated or didn't fit the bill for list management plans by clubs other than us.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 am

I'm hoping we pinch Wright from Cold Toast in a couple of years.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:03 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm hoping we pinch Wright from Cold Toast in a couple of years.

I'd rather grab Lever from Adelaide, Petracca from Melbourne, and Cockatoo from the Cats.
partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:47 am

Darcy Moore looks like one of the best - it's a bit like opening your Christmas present early. Can't wait to see him play
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: