Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 Free Agents

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Jarrad Grant?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:11 am

Dave The Man wrote:

I highly doubt any of Stevens,Hawkins or Dangerfield would leave there clubs.

So you think Hine and Co have no F**King idea with Trades and Free Agency?

Not quite. But I don't think their track record with recycled and 2nd string players has been crash hot, let me put it that way.

Even Leigh Brown wasn't all that good, but he was really a case of the right guy at the right time with the right role in the right place...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:17 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Not quite. But I don't think their track record with recycled and 2nd string players has been crash hot, let me put it that way.

Even Leigh Brown wasn't all that good, but he was really a case of the right guy at the right time with the right role in the right place...

Do any other team have Records on Getting Recyled players and 2nd Stringers?

All Teams do it and majority of time they Fail to come good

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I agree, haven't been a fan of recruiting some of these blokes but club has indicated it was more a short term strategy to fill the void left be so many recently departed senior players. I can understand the strategy but personally would have opted for more kids. You do run the risk of setting up an age/experience profile similar to GCS and GWS, and we know how well they've gone over the last few seasons, but there is greater risk-reward potential.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I agree, haven't been a fan of recruiting some of these blokes but club has indicated it was more a short term strategy to fill the void left be so many recently departed senior players. I can understand the strategy but personally would have opted for more kids. You do run the risk of setting up an age/experience profile similar to GCS and GWS, and we know how well they've gone over the last few seasons, but there is greater risk-reward potential.

Teams don’t take Kids to fill Hole’s as you have to give them a few seasons to Develop but Mature Ages can fill a hole for a time until a kids the Develop takes his spot or get someone better

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:54 pm

I can't see Hawkins leaving as Stui explained earlier but I can see Dangerfield and possibly Rory Sloane leaving the Crows to return back to Victoria especially if Adelaide have a poor year next year and don't pay them bigger salaries than they are on currently.

I think if Dangerfield did return to Victoria he'd go to Geelong because he's from the area, used to barrack for them as a kid and with potentially more retirements Geelong could have more cap space to obtain him.

Dave The Man wrote:
How about Jarrad Grant?

No way! He's useless and is still as skinny as ever! Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:23 am

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Teams don’t take Kids to fill Hole’s as you have to give them a few seasons to Develop but Mature Ages can fill a hole for a time until a kids the Develop takes his spot or get someone better

As I indicated, I understand all of that Dave, but equally a kid can have a Langdon like 1st year and you unearth a possible 10+ year 200 gamer. Risk - reward is greater and I'd prefer to take the chance to unearth a 2015 Langdonesque type player than have a player like Armstrong or Young on the list. It's not so much a knock on them as you know what they can offer and they can fill a short term role, just greater potential for more.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

As I indicated, I understand all of that Dave, but equally a kid can have a Langdon like 1st year and you unearth a possible 10+ year 200 gamer. Risk - reward is greater and I'd prefer to take the chance to unearth a 2015 Langdonesque type player than have a player like Armstrong or Young on the list. It's not so much a knock on them as you know what they can offer and they can fill a short term role, just greater potential for more.

Well - Teams have shown that they are not always taking that Risk as much as they do.

They more Likely take Risks like that with Rookie Picks.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:47 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Jolly, Ball, Tarrant weren't bad. Jesse might still come good and Levi we haven't seen to judge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: