Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#33 Rupert Wills

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
He's been given a bit of taste of it and shown to be backup at best. Interesting that he's gone past Crocker as a forward/mid, not too much between the two.

It's been shown to be smart by the club to give him some time forward. Even though he's miles off it for ability, for type he's a good De Goey replacement. Not sure that's enough though and wouldn't be excited about seeing it again.

they had him playing that last week. you didn't notice. Exactly. He was useless. He is put simplyt a reasonably good midfielder who happens to be big bodied so gets a better chance than opther mids that arent big bodied due to the Nathan Fyfe/Patrick Cripps obsession. what people dont realize is that the big body is a part but only a small part of why cripps and fyffe are good! they are also elite mids.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 am

E wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
He's been given a bit of taste of it and shown to be backup at best. Interesting that he's gone past Crocker as a forward/mid, not too much between the two.

It's been shown to be smart by the club to give him some time forward. Even though he's miles off it for ability, for type he's a good De Goey replacement. Not sure that's enough though and wouldn't be excited about seeing it again.

they had him playing that last week. you didn't notice. Exactly. He was useless. He is put simplyt a reasonably good midfielder who happens to be big bodied so gets a better chance than opther mids that arent big bodied due to the Nathan Fyfe/Patrick Cripps obsession. what people dont realize is that the big body is a part but only a small part of why cripps and fyffe are good! they are also elite mids.

I'm not sure how you can declare a player to be useless because he wasn't as good as JDG.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:35 am

^^Yeah I know, that's what I meant. I don't think he's good in the role, but he is at least a somewhat De Goey shaped option.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:07 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Yeah I know, that's what I meant. I don't think he's good in the role, but he is at least a somewhat De Goey shaped option.

but that's the point i was tyrying to make. Wills just happens to be big bodied and for some reason, that seems to be enough to have eternal faith that he could be the next fyffe, Cripps or JDG. He cant. He just isnt in their calibre. The goal is to find talented big bodied mids (like Sier, if only he had a tank and health) not just any big bodied mid.

The fact is Wills played the big small forward role last week and was a complete bust. Had absolutely no idea and was just dead wood.

He played a few decent games in the middle for us (albeit on reduced game time that seemed to hurt our rotations).

My conclusion. He is slightly below the level required to be consisewred for selection at Collingwood given the strength of our team. Could be a serviceable player for a crap team and is likely to be a star at VFL level. No shame in it. I just think we should move on. We have seen enough.

Better to get supertalented smaller players into the mix like Brown, Aish and Adams than persist with Wills.

I think the same analysis could be made about Crocker (and Faz last year).

Maybe both of these players could go play for Carlton and join Faz. They'd probably get games for them.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:05 am

Always good to look back 😂 😂
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:10 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Always good to look back 😂 😂

Well said Pies 2016!!! He was just magnificent in his efforts tonight and it's no co-incidence that we've been winning since he's been playing as a defensive inside-mid. Congratulations to him.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:27 am

Might just go down as the worst player judgement post for 5 years! Rupert for PM!
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 am

Was at the game and Willsy was a bull. Absolutely hard at it again and again. He really hurt the Cats. Super valuable player for us at present.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:41 am

DT wrote:
Was at the game and Willsy was a bull. Absolutely hard at it again and again. He really hurt the Cats. Super valuable player for us at present.

Good call. This thread has aged well!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:01 am

He's proven a lot of us wrong.

He was a beast tonight.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:27 am

We have a new roooop........
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:37 am

The Bull frustrated the f%&k outta that star studded Geelong midfield and brought most of our midfield guys into the game. Very influential key to our machine.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:53 am

I have always rated Willsy.

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 am

Hope Sier enjoys his basketball games while Roop plays his AFL role...
E 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 am

Rupert isnt as good as Sier is when Sier is at his best, but he is playing the role well enough. And he deserves his spot for the variety (grunt) he provides. He is the 22nd player in our best 22 at the moment. And good on him for working his ass off to get here. Well deserved.

I wonder if Sier will learn from this?

Judging by the obsession post above, it seems some people here certainly never learn. It's still scary inside your head......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 13 of 20   

Jump to: