Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#33 Rupert Wills

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Rupert isnt as good as Sier is when Sier is at his best, but he is playing the role well enough. And he deserves his spot for the variety (grunt) he provides. He is the 22nd player in our best 22 at the moment. And good on him for working his ass off to get here. Well deserved.

I wonder if Sier will learn from this?

Judging by the obsession post above, it seems some people here certainly never learn. It's still scary inside your head......

That sounds like the closest thing to an apology. You're forgiven. Go Pies

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 am

3rd degree wrote:
I have always rated Willsy.

That you have 3rds. And a good call it was too. His inclusion late in the season has turned our fortunes around and tonight he showed us all how to play finals football. A true warrior.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:49 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Rupert isnt as good as Sier is when Sier is at his best, but he is playing the role well enough. And he deserves his spot for the variety (grunt) he provides. He is the 22nd player in our best 22 at the moment. And good on him for working his ass off to get here. Well deserved.

Judging by the obsession post above, it seems some people here certainly never learn. It's still scary inside your head......

That sounds like the closest thing to an apology. You're forgiven. Go Pies

If you promise to let me out of your head (and your dreams), i will let that stand.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:50 am

RudeBoy wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
I have always rated Willsy.

That you have 3rds. And a good call it was too. His inclusion late in the season has turned our fortunes around and tonight he showed us all how to play finals football. A true warrior.

ok, so that might be taking it a little bit too far......

If this thread was about Adams or Sidey or Pendles, then it would be a bit more appropriate......

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:18 am

Wills has proven to be more than a Phil In. So that makes Phin In very expendable.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:29 am

E wrote:

I wonder if you will learn from this. That display in a final was your "Allan Scott, you were wrong" moment.

He was enormous last night, kids got Collingwood DNA. His bullocking work and tackling in the ruck contests kept our ascendancy in the game.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 am

Can’t remember another player at Collingwood quite like wills. He was relentless. Just kept getting up and doing his stuff again and again.
Tough player. Hope he kicks a goal at some stage during the finals. I think it would be a good moment!!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Looking over the numbers, Wills recorded a Collingwood high 95 pressure points rating. If you’re not sure what all that means, I will add some perspective by saying Adams was second for Collingwood with 78 points.
In champion data speak, that’s almost above elite !
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Should he be required later in the season, at least we know we will get a workman like contribution from him on the day.

Best post in the thread.

Still the best post in the thread.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

VicParkTragic wrote:
Can’t remember another player at Collingwood quite like wills. He was relentless. Just kept getting up and doing his stuff again and again.
Tough player. Hope he kicks a goal at some stage during the finals. I think it would be a good moment!!

He gave it all he had that's for sure. Huge, huge effort. At the end of the third quarter, he was so exhausted, he could barely move.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:52 pm

13 tackles and game high 32 pressure acts.

Doing his job !!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am

He is Collingwood,s highest pressure points player over the last month with 56.8 pressure value points (And Adams at 51.9)

I read that if a team cannot reach 70 % score from turnovers they may struggle and we thru r10 to 18 we were 18th to score from turnovers—enter Wills and from 19 to 23 we jumped to 2nd to score from turnovers

Said it before-say it again Adams and Wills have had a crucial role in our resurgence

DT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:02 am

100% correct BazBoy.

Wills was unrelenting in his efforts. It is great that he and Adams have another week off to recharge and go again.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 am

I just love how he takes the big hits, puts his body in between Pendles/Treloar/etc and the opposition players and just takes the big whack so they can get the ball and run into space. And how he forces stoppages with brute strength and just lets them pile on. Geez he must be sore the next day! There was one instant when a Geelong player tried to whack him -- and just bounced off Wills, and Wills looked like he didn't even feel it, didn't even flinch or move an inch. No wonder they call him Wombat!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm

If you watch him closely, he deliberately keeps his tackled opponent on the ground for as long as he can in a stoppage. It would be a deliberate ploy to play stacks on the mill against the oppositions best midfielders ( it also means he’s obviously first up before they are )
It gives the opposition less time to get in position and set up for the next ball up, particularly now that umps are instructed to keep the game moving.
We never used to employ that tactic in the past because our best clearance mids were to busy getting in position for the next ball up.

P S - The Giants did it to perfection against the Dogs on the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20   

Jump to: