Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
NZ 1,350 burglary's per 100,000 residents
Australia 674
USA 376

That statistic is just spurious. There's no need to break and enter if you can hold up someone in the street at gunpoint.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
^ makes you wonder which is the broken society.

No, it really doesn't. The US is £$%$ed. It is run by a pack of neo-fascist @&$!S. And then there are the Republicans, who are slightly worse.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

No, it really doesn't. The US is ļæ½$%$ed. It is run by a pack of neo-fascist @&$!S. And then there are the Republicans, who are slightly worse.

13 days in, and I reckon it'll be hard to top that for comment of the year!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:32 am

stui magpie wrote:
Well the Victorian Government haven't banned butchers, yet, but they've as good as banned knives. The pocket knife that pretty much goes everywhere I do, as I've done since I was 6, is considered a prohibited weapon. Rolling Eyes

Can tell you from experience, they don't appreciate you carrying them into parliament house. I've carried one daily since I was about 12. Forgot to leave it at home when I was visiting a colleague at parliament. Emptied my pockets at security screening and heart sank when it clunked into the tray. Security rozzers 'suggested' I might be carrying it to cut up my apple at lunchtime which is a legitimate purpose, and that I could pick it up from the desk when I left. Person I was meeting had tears rolling down his face watching my embarrassment... Embarassed
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:25 pm

Hah, whoops.

I got pulled up once at the Magistrates court, I was going to watch a case related to work and forgot that I had a knife and fork in my laptop bag. Embarassed

The security chick was really good about it, she took me into the back room and showed me the display of all the things they've confiscated that people have tried to sneak in including a little .22 calibe single shot pistol made to look like a normal pen. Shocked

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hah, whoops.

I got pulled up once at the Magistrates court, I was going to watch a case related to work and forgot that I had a knife and fork in my laptop bag. Embarassed

The security chick was really good about it, she took me into the back room and showed me the display of all the things they've confiscated that people have tried to sneak in including a little .22 calibe single shot pistol made to look like a normal pen. Shocked

And I paid good money for that pen. Was spewing when they confiscated it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:06 pm

Consider yourself lucky, it would have made a mess of your hand when it blew up.

They had other devices that looked like pens, one had a spring loaded ice pick in it. You swing the pen down hard into your victim, momentum makes the pick come out and stab them, then it retracts back into te case.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Another day, another school shooting in the USA.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/i-thought-i-would-just-see-this-on-tv-children-killed-in-nashville-school-shooting-20230328-p5cvr3.html

3 young children and 3 adults killed. Hardly unusual, but there's a twist.

The assailant, who is now deceased, was identified as a 28 year old women who had attended the school as a young person. That's unusual enough as the vast majority of shooters are male, but the twist is that Police reported that "She" identified as Transgender which would be a first.

What is completely unclear is whether "She" was a biological female who identified as male, a biological male who identified as female or another variation.

The school itself is a Christian Primary school, a private school run by an offshoot of the Presbyterian Church. There's speculation that this was a revenge attack. I can appreciate that a young child struggling with their gender identity may have had a tough time in a Christian school, but clearly no excuse.

Biden makes the usual noises about banning assault weapons (In Nashville, you can carry a concealed handgun without a permit, who needs an assault weapon?), all the usual noises about thoughts and prayers, but while the dogs bark, the caravan moves on.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
NZ 1,350 burglary's per 100,000 residents
Australia 674
USA 376

That statistic is just spurious. There's no need to break and enter if you can hold up someone in the street at gunpoint.

Correct weight

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

No, it really doesn't. The US is ļæ½$%$ed. It is run by a pack of neo-fascist @&$!S. And then there are the Republicans, who are slightly worse.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:28 pm

Biden joking about ice cream before the press conference on this shooting.

The guy is off with the fairies.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:29 pm

Not even an incident. The NRA has established through careful research that every single one of these people would have died anyway, eventually.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 pm

Yeah, I reckon just merge this thread with the joke thread.

Just £$%$ed

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:36 pm

Just a weird country with terrible values and priorities.It seems that the right to own a gun is more important than peopleā€™s right to live,including that of children.All I can say is that Iā€™m glad I live in Australia.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:39 pm

It seems like the shooter was a biological female who identified (sometimes) as male and had mental health issues, yet was able to legally buy the guns they used. It seems he/she decided to commit suicide by Cop and targeted the school they attended as a child.

The only people who should have handguns are law enforcement, some security and the armed services. Ditto for Semi-Auto rifles but including professional shooters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48   

Jump to: