Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Looking forward to 2nd half of year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 1999 11:15 am
Post subject: Looking forward to 2nd half of yearReply with quote

Listening to the football on the radio today, I was shattered at quarter time when we were down by 38 points, I couldn't believe it. Then we came back in the 2nd quarter, went out to 26 at 3 quarter time...I thought we might have been absoloutly thrashed in the last quarter. We came within 7 points I think. Anyway I just remembered we got back in the game with out some of our best players, being Nathan Buckley, Mal Michael, among others. Well done to Williams with his 5 goals, also Anthony Rocca who played well except for the misses in the last quarter which probably would have set us up for a win. One other thing is Dont lose heart in the Pies, the team will most likely develop with the younger players get more mature, and will be bolstered with the return of key players. Also I am dissapointed that we didn't win but also gratified because we tried our hardest to get back in the game.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 1999 2:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some rather inflated opinions about Lee Walker floating around on this site. No doubt the guy has enormous character, coming back from 3 or 4 knee reconstructions, however like so many of his team mates I would say he has a red hot go, but may not have the class to mix it with the best key position players in the league. I hope he proves me wrong.
Damien.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 1999 10:14 am

That goal to goal line is ok, it will be so much better to have a proper full back in our team. sorry Presti

As for Lee Walker. Well i used to watch him a lot when he was playing in Perth and i thought he looked like he would become one of the best centre half forwards in AFL.

But he's been through so many injuries and lets not forget he hasn't really played that much AFL footy anyway.

What about Brent Tuckey???
He took a couple of good marks when he got a go last year and i notice he's been in the best players in the 2's for the last couple of weeks.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 1999 2:39 am

Mr Plow, Brent Tuckey is a definate candidate for a key position next year, I saw him up close at training a few times pre-season and he looked a bit light. I would give him plenty of game time this year, but rather than chuck him in at the deep end, let him run around on a wing or a flank and get to know the caper. Followed by a heavy weights program in the off season. The same goes for Oborn.

------------------
Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: