Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Keeping track of the 12 banned bombers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 pm
Post subject: Keeping track of the 12 banned bombersReply with quote

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-20/banned-bomber-commits

Three of the banned players have now committed back to Essendon.

1.Heath Hocking. Will be 29 by round 1 next year.

2.Travis Colyer. Will be 25 by round 1 next year.

3.Cale Hooker. Will be 28 by round 1 next year.

4.David Myers. Will be 27 by round 1 next year.

5.Dyson Heppell. Will be 24 at round 1 next year. Bombers signed their main man.

6.Tom Bellchambers. Will be 27 at round 1 next year.

This leaves:
Michael Hibberd
Ben Howlett
Michael Hurley
Tayte Pears
Brent Stanton
Jobe Watson

Last edited by Presti35 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look at it, there isn't much elite talent on that list, is there? The only ones you'd really look at would be Heppell, Hooker and Hurley.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

It's been rumoured that Hurley has received significant offers from other clubs so I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone.

I think Heppell will stay despite the recent legal claim he's made against the club and Hooker is 50/50.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
When you look at it, there isn't much elite talent on that list, is there?

Yeah. Plenty of fringe players. 4 of them are from W.A. Some might say its a blessing in disguise getting to replace some of these guys. In fact it will strengthen them being able to offload some of them.

Tom Bellchambers is tipped to be the next one to sign on. I think he was looking to be one of the better rucks going around but there seemed to be some disgruntlement. However, he also had two chances to leave in the past. This will be his third chance to leave Essendon. He has not played to his full potential imo. He and Leuenberger should be battling it out for the #1 ruck spot next year. Not a fit at Collingwood, unless of course we trade Witts.

Dyson Heppell would be the player everyone would want. Sadly he is blinded by his love for Essendon growing up. The suing story is interesting however. Throw the cheque book at him Ed!

Michael Hibberd is another expected to stay. Will be 27 at round 1 next year. We need all the help we can get down back, so I'd still take him. Probably the 4th best player on the list.

Cale Hooker. Will either stay or go to WCE/Freo. Again, he isn't exactly a spring chicken (28 at round 1 next year).

Ben Howlett. Another 27 year old from Perth. Is it possible the club who fails to land Hooker will aim for him instead?

Michael Hurley is the second biggest name here. What a fit he would be at Collingwood. Fits the age bracket and fills a big hole in our team. Is an AA quality player. Again Ed, throw the cheque book at him.

David Myers is yet another WA player on the list. Does not fill a need at Collingwood.

Tayte Pears. ANOTHER from WA. Injuries has slowed him down. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see the best of him. He'd be lucky to keep his spot at Essendon.

Brent Stanton . I hate the way this guy plays. Yeah he has a nice kick, but he has the courage of a wet fart. Expected to sign on for one or 2 years.

Jobe Watson. Will enter 2017 at 32 years of age. His best is gone. Defiantly would feel like he has something to prove. If we were a top 4 side, I'd probably want to pursue him for a year or 2.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:38 am

Well there's Cale Hooker gone. 5 year deal. Wow, is it possible that the other clubs might not have been prepared to offer a 28 year old that big of a deal?

How will this affect Freo's trade/FA strategy? They will be looking to Cam McCarthy once the season is done. They'll also be keen to lure home Hogan from the Dees.

I think it's a good move by Essendon to keep Hooker, but they would have received pick 2. And like I said, he is 28. Perhaps they know something about Hurley?

The real prize (Michael Hurley) is expected to sign on soon according to this: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendons-12-banned-players-make-calls-over-return-to-bombers-in-2017/news-story/d0885db99f9051db631626b6bf6f4dc7

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 am

These players signing on are doing themselves a disservice. I'd be settling my damages claim before signing on with the club. They should be 2 separate negotiations but I get the feeling the Bombers will lean on the players when the time comes.

They'll play the "we gave you a 5 year deal over the odds when you only deserved 3" card when it suits them. A 5 year deal for a 28 year old seems excessive to me

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
These players signing on are doing themselves a disservice. I'd be settling my damages claim before signing on with the club. They should be 2 separate negotiations but I get the feeling the Bombers will lean on the players when the time comes.

They'll play the "we gave you a 5 year deal over the odds when you only deserved 3" card when it suits them. A 5 year deal for a 28 year old seems excessive to me

Hooker said the 2 meetings contract & damages are completely separate.
My understanding is the damages claim will be handled by there insurance company with the club completely hands off only the AFL will be privy to the events as they are the underwriters of all clubs ie as in short fall financially depending on how much the claim is v how much they can get from insurance company
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm

I thought the insurance company had washed their hands of it?
Why are they liable?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:28 pm

piedys wrote:
I thought the insurance company had washed their hands of it?
Why are they liable?

Essendon would have taken out directors indemnity insurance which basically covers them from personal liability. It's common practise among any business we're they have a board either elected or appointed. As long they haven't willingly broken laws they have coverage. The policy will have limitations on it hence why the AFL will be forced to cover any short falls to the players.
There was talk in the media a few weeks ago figures between $300k & in excess of $1,000,000 per player was being sort. If you look at it as a average say $500k x 34 players who have had there livelihoods affected it could be in the range of $15m-$20m payout. I doubt the dopers would have enough insurance coverage to pay that so the AFL will be opening its cheque book for sure
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:15 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-11/david-myers-becomes-latest-banned-bomber-to-resign

David Myers signs on for three years.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:39 pm

https://www.facebook.com/7AFL/?fref=nf

Heppell stays.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
When you look at it, there isn't much elite talent on that list, is there?

Yeah. Plenty of fringe players. 4 of them are from W.A. Some might say its a blessing in disguise getting to replace some of these guys. In fact it will strengthen them being able to offload some of them.

Tom Bellchambers is tipped to be the next one to sign on. He wasn't. I think he was looking to be one of the better rucks going around but there seemed to be some disgruntlement. However, he also had two chances to leave in the past. This will be his third chance to leave Essendon. He has not played to his full potential imo. He and Leuenberger should be battling it out for the #1 ruck spot next year. Not a fit at Collingwood, unless of course we trade Witts.

Michael Hibberd is another expected to stay. Will be 27 at round 1 next year. We need all the help we can get down back, so I'd still take him. Probably the 4th best player on the list. Now the second biggest fish.

Ben Howlett. Another 27 year old from Perth. Is it possible the club who fails to land Hooker will aim for him instead?

Michael Hurley is the second biggest name here. What a fit he would be at Collingwood. Fits the age bracket and fills a big hole in our team. Is an AA quality player. Again Ed, throw the cheque book at him. Now the big fish.

Tayte Pears. ANOTHER from WA. Injuries has slowed him down. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see the best of him. He'd be lucky to keep his spot at Essendon.

Brent Stanton . I hate the way this guy plays. Yeah he has a nice kick, but he has the courage of a wet fart. Expected to sign on for one or 2 years.

Jobe Watson. Will enter 2017 at 32 years of age. His best is gone. Defiantly would feel like he has something to prove. If we were a top 4 side, I'd probably want to pursue him for a year or 2.

Hurley and Hibbard become the new targets. Bellchambers, like I said, could be a target if Witts was to be moved on.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:14 am

Need to definitely look at Hurley and Bellchambers wouldn't be a bad option if Witts leaves.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:00 am

Richmond offering Hurley $900,000 a year, for 5 years, according to Daniel Harford.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 pm

That's too much money to be offering to Hurley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: