Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fair comment Scooby.
thanks for not being abusive.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:55 pm

thompsoc wrote:
neil wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
neil wrote:
Shaw is only playing disciplined football now because he was sacked for undisciplined football

It is posts like this that really gets under my skin.
Bet you didn't say that when he blocked the Goal in 2010.
A grader at Collingwood and a A grader at GWS

Heater was an A grader at Collingwood and still is
He was sacked due to his lack of discipline
Deal with it

No you deal with it.
The trade is currently benefiting GWS more than us.
And this is the main point.
Jono Brown reckons we have 2 current A graders
Pendles and Sidey.
We gave up an A grader.
But the usual people keep telling me we are recruiting really well.
Being telling me that for years and years.
Funny we only have 2 A graders and going further south every year.
And little old Heater was a naughty boy
And the teacher said lets expel the little twerp.
As any teacher knows explusion is a poor substitute for dealing with the issue.

Shaw is the wrong side of 30 so long term we will win
Heater was far more than a naughty boy he is an adult and screwed up badly and not for the first time

You treat adults like adults not like it is a classroom full of 7 year olds.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:59 pm

GWS have to win the flag with Shaw to have won the deal.

Who knows what we'll be saying about this trade in 5 years?

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Presti35 wrote:
GWS have to win the flag with Shaw to have won the deal.

Hopefully GWS haven't won 4 premierships in a row at that time

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:38 pm

No doubt when you look at Heaters performance at GWS you would think that to this point in time the Pies are the losers.

When looking beyond the obvious you need to ask if he would have reached his potential at the Pies under Buckley and I would suggest a big NO. The problem is multi layered and comes down to the lack of disipline by Heater, his lack of maturity, his mental approach to football, the inability of an inexperienced coach in dealing with people of this type and a coach that cannot understand that not everyone has the same rigid professional approach that they had as a player. Also Heater could not accept that his ex captain was now his coach. It was also well known that he was disruptive in team meetings and lost his cool during games.

That is not to say that someone with good skills in dealing with people / staff on a professional basis where they had the time, experience and energy to cater for Heaters complex needs would not have experienced more success.

Also it needs to be taken into account that Heater was moved interstate with no family support and away from Collingwood that he perceived was a club that would always bend to his needs. As a result he was forced to grow up. I know from experience that changes of this type can make you grow up and become more responsible very quickly.

Only time will tell if Taylor Adams will continue to grow as a leader and as a footballer. He is certainly one of top 10 players and many suggest he is captain material. Let's all hope we look back at this and see it a win / win for all concerned including both clubs and both players.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 pm

^

Great post, one correction Heater had his brother Rhys already in sydney so he had some level of family support although no doubt he was right out of the comfort zone he'd been in at Collingwood and had to grow up.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Heath Shaw tradeReply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
Heater has certainly given Bucks the middle finger in trading him to the Giants.

B&F last year, and might go back to back in the Giants first year in the finals.

I still think it was one of the stupidest trades under Bucks reign.

Adams is good player, I dont believe we have or will come out on top in the end.

Adams and Treloar have arrived at the wrong time, we are team thats needs a massive rebuild. They wont be playing finals footy for a while yet.

Massive rebuild my arse. The sky is falling. So who are we trading out/sacking from our best 25 players which would constitute a massive rebuild?

we will get rid of a few who's use-by-date is pretty much due anyway or aint gunna make it. It will be an amount which equates to a healthy turnover of players. It will be representative of a list which is tracking in the right direction, regardless of the results of the last 10 weeks.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Damien wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Heater has certainly given Bucks the middle finger in trading him to the Giants.

B&F last year, and might go back to back in the Giants first year in the finals.

Adams is good player, I dont believe we have or will come out on top in the end.

Adams and Treloar have arrived at the wrong time, we are team thats needs a massive rebuild. They wont be playing finals footy for a while yet.

Massive rebuild my arse. The sky is falling. So who are we trading out/sacking from our best 25 players which would constitute a massive rebuild?

we will get rid of a few who's use-by-date is pretty much due anyway or aint gunna make it. It will be an amount which equates to a healthy turnover of players. It will be representative of a list which is tracking in the right direction, regardless of the results of the last 10 weeks.

Sinclair is shit, Frost is shit, Marsh is shit, White is shit, Aish is shit, Brown is done, Cloke is done. Swanny will probably retire now, since another flag is not in sight.

Should I name more?

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

2 observations:

1. Adams is the most important player on our team. No co-incidence our best football is when he has been the midfield breadwinner allowing Pendles. Treloar, Sidey and others to be dangerous on the outside. So I strongly.

2. more importantly, it is Heath Shaw who is redundant in a rebuild since he would be unlikely to still be playing on the other side of it. Treloar and Adams each have 8-10 more years in front of them. Me thinks that is the perfect age group of players for a rebuild.

I think the Heath shaw for Taylor adams trade was made because, in truth, GWS were closer to the premiership window than we were.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:59 pm

It seems like a big loss because its the number area where we are failing and Shaw would go some ways but NOT the difference in us entering the 8?
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
It seems like a big loss because its the number area where we are failing and Shaw would go some ways but NOT the difference in us entering the 8?

Exactly

Shaw has been doing the general type role organising the defence at GWS.

He clearly did learn a fair bit from Maxy.

We have no general to organise things down back.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:46 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Damien wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

Sinclair is shit, Frost is shit, Marsh is shit, White is shit, Aish is shit, Brown is done, Cloke is done. Swanny will probably retire now, since another flag is not in sight.

Should I name more?

Name as many as you like. Even if ALL those guys were cleared it still ain't a rebuild. A rebuild means a concession that you go down to the bottom and start again. We ain't doing that. We will challenge next year.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Damien wrote:
A rebuild means a concession that you go down to the bottom and start again. We ain't doing that. We will challenge next year.

Damo, we ain't far from the bottom, save for a couple of other teams in worse nick than us for various reasons.
I just can't see exactly how we will challenge next year, or what circumstance will be the catalyst for any rapid improvement in 2017?
We can scream for a coaching change all we like; doesn't mean it will or won't happen. It's pretty evident disposal skills aren't fined tuned each pre-season, they seem to taper off at the halfway mark each season, yet have started early this year, much to our disappointment.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:54 am

Presti35 wrote:

Quite possibly the same thing, unless there's a new coach, then the record will probably get changed but still the same outcome.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:16 pm

6 years after the trade, it is a tough call. (Three years since this thread)

At the time of the trade, Shaw was 27. Adams will be 27 in September next year. Will Adams be able to play until he is 34?

Since the trade:

Games: TA 101, HS 134.

Goals: TA 39, HS 2.

All-Australian selection: TA 0, HS 2 (2015, 2016).

Grand Finals: 1 each. Premierships: Nil all.

Adams has been tipped to be the next Collingwood captain which will give him the edge, especially if he becomes a Premiership Captain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: