Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pulverise Giants . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This may become a "Magical" season. There is something about a late run for the finals as underdogs that could make this season one of the best to watch ever! IMPORTANT : I would like to note i cant ever recall a team that has been out of the 8 for this long. And still get the whole team around a Goalkicker. For example Grundy against Richmond or Cox against Essendon. It happened today for veterans like Cloke and McCaffer. There is a sense of belief building big time. I truly thought it was dead against the bulldogs. And its going to build a little bit more before next Saturday. Put the crows to the sword and were playing Finals. One more Note : Throws whatever we can at Cameron and we will truly kill the Giants. He is an absolute Gun and i still remember when he kicked 7 against us.... Imagine Cameron Cloke Moore White Elliot Fasolo
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.

Twaddle. Let's not guild the lily. Cloke only did (part) of what he's been paid a heap of cash to do. And its been a long time coming. He still missed easy set shots, which will crush the team when the lead is not as big as it was today.

He's got a lot more to do, like putting in half a dozen back-to-back performances where he nails set shots. Until then, the jury is out.

Nah, he's back. He just got getting better as the game went on and was clunking contested marks like he hasn't done for years.

If the tough love from Bucks sending him back didn't do it for him, it certainly didn't hurt as that was the best game he's played for yonks.

Welcome back Trav. Very Happy

The marking means nothing if he can't convert.

If he can't convert he poisons the forward entries by other players.

He's still a work in progress.

241 games, 435 goals, 1,644 marks and about 3,300 disposals. That's some progress.

Ancient history. No bearing on the here and now.
courtza 

Great game by Clokey today, the contested marks around the ground are so important not just the inside 50 stuff.

Adams is our most important player, not sure why but the whole team excels with him out there, serious captain material.

The match committee's decision to play Mcaffer and tag Shaw was a masterstroke. Heath was clearly frustrated and had little impact.

Grundy is starring and he's not even close to his peak as ruckmen go.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Number 35 wrote:
This may become a "Magical" season. There is something about a late run for the finals as underdogs that could make this season one of the best to watch ever! IMPORTANT : I would like to note i cant ever recall a team that has been out of the 8 for this long. And still get the whole team around a Goalkicker. For example Grundy against Richmond or Cox against Essendon. It happened today for veterans like Cloke and McCaffer. There is a sense of belief building big time. I truly thought it was dead against the bulldogs. And its going to build a little bit more before next Saturday. Put the crows to the sword and were playing Finals. One more Note : Throws whatever we can at Cameron and we will truly kill the Giants. He is an absolute Gun and i still remember when he kicked 7 against us.... Imagine Cameron Cloke Moore White Elliot Fasolo

Imagine if we beat Adelaide next week? Then it's truly game on from now until the end of the year!

Cameron signed a long-term contract at the start of last year so I didn't see him leaving the Giants any time soon.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Jezza wrote:
Anyone else have concerns with Moore and De Goey?

I don't think it would be the worse thing for Moore to go back to the reserves and get some confidence, because he hasn't looked like the same player since his injury. I'm just hoping that De Goey is suffering from the dreaded second-year blues, but I'm still optimistic he'll be a great player for us in time.

Yes re De Goey, but some of the disappointment is probably overly-inflated expectations.

No re Moore. I have no doubt he earns his spot with the way he contests. Sure his stats aren't huge, but watching him out there halving contests in the F50 and bringing the ball to ground I reckon he sets an example the senior guys could follow. He will end up a superstar, but even now I think he is best 22.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:03 pm

courtza wrote:
Great game by Clokey today, the contested marks around the ground are so important not just the inside 50 stuff.

Adams is our most important player, not sure why but the whole team excels with him out there, serious captain material.

The match committee's decision to play Mcaffer and tag Shaw was a masterstroke. Heath was clearly frustrated and had little impact.

As Buckley said pre game, we need to shut down their HB line. And we did.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Cam wrote:
courtza wrote:

He was spot on re their HB line pre game, as it was, he summed it up nicely. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm

No concerns re De Goey or Moore - they are 20 years old this year!

Moore is important because of his run and ability to compete in the air up forward - he gives the necessary support for White and Cloke!

I must say i look forward to more talk of getting the 'lube' ready and predictions of a hiding - it was all the rage prior to the Cats game and seemed to be a bit of a theme this week - maybe the Giants believed it too??? it seems this magpies team love to defy the odds Smile

The interstate record is building again and so is the confidence - GO PIES!!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Woods wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I genuinely thought we'd win today and picked us by 18 points, but the boys performed even better than expected. In truth, our season turned the corner after our earlier loss to the Blues. We then beat the Bears, Cats and were on track to beat the Dogs, until injuries cruelled our season. Getting Fas, Moore and Adams back gave us our best team for the year.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but before today I said we could win all our remaining games and make the 8. The big test is next week against the Crows. Win that and we'll win our remaining 6.

Finally, congratulations must go to Bucks for maintaining belief in his boys and for the way he has turned Cloke's career around. Go Pies!

Congratulations to Cloke for standing up, week after week and having the courage and strength of character to keep doing his best throughout a period in which the coach showed no faith in him whatsoever.

Twaddle. Let's not guild the lily. Cloke only did (part) of what he's been paid a heap of cash to do. And its been a long time coming. He still missed easy set shots, which will crush the team when the lead is not as big as it was today.

He's got a lot more to do, like putting in half a dozen back-to-back performances where he nails set shots. Until then, the jury is out.

Nah, he's back. He just got getting better as the game went on and was clunking contested marks like he hasn't done for years.

If the tough love from Bucks sending him back didn't do it for him, it certainly didn't hurt as that was the best game he's played for yonks.

Kicked 4 goals, 1 behind and 2 goal assists.

I'd love to see what he can do when he starts to convert.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

241 games, 435 goals, 1,644 marks and about 3,300 disposals. That's some progress.

Ancient history. No bearing on the here and now.

Ok. Let's just stick with the 18 kick, 12 mark, 4 goal game today.

De Goey, Crisp, White, Fasolo, Grundy, Treloar and Moore all missed shots they should have kicked. Cloke missed 1 he should have kicked. Why does he get the special attention? He might not be the best kick in the world but his performances week in, week out for a decade, demonstrate that he's the best CHF Collingwood has put on the field in the last 60 years.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cam wrote:
courtza wrote:

He was spot on re their HB line pre game, as it was, he summed it up nicely. Smile

You're not suggesting that Buckley can coach are you? Shocked

Razz Wink Cool

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Aish was Quiet but he had Solid Game. Only had 11 Touches but lot ended in Scores and had 6 Tackles showing he tried hard.

Moore Tried Hard but not much went his Way

De Goey had a Shocker.

Treloar got lot of Ball but ball use let him down

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:15 pm

According to Doc Larkins, who went into the Giants room post game, the atmosphere in the rooms was unreal, players laughing an joking, familes all over the place, no concerns at all about such a poor and expensive loss, that could cost them top four spot ultimately. He was very surprised at such a laid back approach, after that poor effort. Reckon the Giants have a lot too learn about learning from defeats, that is not a good look at all.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Kicked 4 goals, 1 behind and 2 goal assists.

I'd love to see what he can do when he starts to convert.

I'd love to see your face when he shanks the decider in a GF one day. Cloke is still dangerously and chronically unreliable in front of goal. He needs to prove he's overcome his yips. Don't expect players of the calibre of Treloar, Grundy and others to stick around in a team whose fortunes in tight games rest on Cloke. They won't.

The only thing we know about Cloke with any certainty is that one week's performance is no guarantee about next week's. He's a head case. And until he's proved through back-to-back perormancesthat he can kick gettable goals from 30m set shots straight in front he must remain on notice.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Someone at bigfooty said Fasolo was injured?I hope that's not true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: