Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lose to North. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, too many athletes, not enough footballers. Marley Williams has some of the most inept disposal skills in the AFL but hey, he must have a really good beep test score.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:02 am

what a c...t of a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 am

inxs88 wrote:
what a c...t of a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:06 am

Cam wrote:
Horrible skills, bounce of the ball, umpires, north zone intercepted everything coming in because of our imprecise disposal. Waste of a game that was there for the taking.

I see we fluked it for that fvcken thing Stevic again....

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:10 am

Those two fuckfestflapflops in the goal square - their goal square what the absolute **** was that! You don't see that more than once a year, but twice in one game! Oh my, we stink
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:14 am

think positive wrote:
Those two fuckfestflapflops in the goal square - their goal square what the absolute **** was that! You don't see that more than once a year, but twice in one game! Oh my, we stink

fuckfestflapflops? That's a ripper Jojo, patent it methinks!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:17 am

Hehe
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:35 am

Very frustrating game and ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot in the first quarter by allowing North to dictate the game. We were smashed in centre clearances and North's press didn't allow us to get the ball past the halfway line for the first 15 minutes of the match.

Being there, I think we recorded one inside 50 for the first 15 minutes in the match and in that time we somehow kicked a goal courtesy of Blair, but North had already kicked 6.4 by that stage ultimately killing our chance of winning the match.

I think after quarter time we were more competitive and the late stages of the 3rd quarter and early stages of the final quarter were very promising but our inept skills continually let us down in critical stages of the game.

Part of me knows that we need to cut some slack on the young players, especially our defenders but some of the passages of play involving Marsh, Maynard and Williams were nothing short of comical at some stages.

We have great potential, but we haven't learnt to click for a whole match unfortunately and I don't think we've played a match this season where we've convincingly played four quarters of strong consistent football. Whether this is an indictment on the coaching staff, the players or both I'm not so sure about.

Simply, 2016 will go down as a year of what ifs more than anything else. A wasted year, but hopefully a year we will learn from and be better for in the long run.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:56 am

Jezza, how can it be both a wasted year, and a year where we learn? If we learn, then by definition it is not wasted.
My opinion: it is wasted, because I believe that Bucks cannot coach these guys competently. Our kicking skills are still retrograde. We play with massive energy but with massive inconsistency. To me, it is clear that the talent is there, but the coaching structures in place are not able to unleash it.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:01 am

It's wasted in the sense that I think the team could have achieved greater things this year, but ultimately it let itself down when it mattered most and the coach has played a major part in this downfall, but his not solely responsible though.

Although, I'm hoping we can learn from it but that's blind optimism more than anything else. I suppose I'm contradicting myself but this team is so inconsistent that I feel like my opinion on the club is changing from week to week.

Bkash 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:01 am

Bucks ... Stops opening ur big gab when u cant deliver finals footy ..... There ain't no finals in July full stop!!! Get ur clearances and stoppages right before u even dream about finals. Ur in aptitude and lack or skills cost us this game... And pls shut ur mouth when can't deliver .
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 am

Mugwump wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
We played one short for the whole game. Nonetheless we were right in it half way through the 4th. Wasn't pretty and wasn't good, but certainly wasn't as bad as some want to believe.

^ yeah, good summary MM. I We are certainly more competitive than we looked earlier this year.

The clearance story was the killer though - how can that happen ???

Yep. Just continually waltzed away with centre clearances. No defence can deal with that sort of quality centre clearance work.

Any chance every Collingwood player within spitting distance of a contest don't fly for a mark?

Last edited by jackcass on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:03 am

Review is up for the game guys. Check it out. Our use of the ball out of defence is what cost us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b118_lJq9kA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:42 am

Black and White Reviews wrote:
Review is up for the game guys. Check it out. Our use of the ball out of defence is what cost us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b118_lJq9kA

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree with alot of what you said. yes...we are on the edge of being a good side.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 am

Tonight was a disgrace no matter how you coat it.
If anyone is silly enough to think Sidey is a elite player still have a look at his dinky disposals, kicking it directly to a opposition player when under no pressure and his complete lack of defensive pressure on his opponent (Gibson was on him in the first half who had 21 touches @ 89% eff 4 tackles 4 rebound 50's 3 inside 50's 3 score involvements compared to 15 touches 4 turnovers and another 5 disposals to 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 contests in norths favour) for every brilliant act he does there's 5 stupid ones to counter act it
He's not by himself that's for sure so many senior players who for whatever reason still can't hit a target or kick a goal from 30m away
North mixed things up in there line up and we had no answers
How we managed to get back to being only 11 points down in the last term is a miracle and then we miss 3 or 4 very kickable goals
And what was with the false bravado ? We're trying to knock north players around there getting the ball and kicking goals at will
Tonight exposed everything that's wrong with the team and club
Buckley needs to front the press and explain why he couldn't make a change that even looked like halting momentum when it counted, why his players can't kick or handball, why our structures completely collapse when under any pressure, why he doesn't demand more from his senior players and supposed leaders, why we thought it was smart to forget about the football and only worry about hitting opponents for the first half
This is just a team with to many dumb footballers in it
For the first time this season I'm finally convinced of 3 things
Buckley can't coach
We have no on field leaders including our captain who I rate very highly as a player
And our list is miles from being a top 4 side
I don't even care about next week or the rest of the season now after last night means nothing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: