Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just an ego thing p4s and the bigger they are the harder they fall.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 am

The unspeakable truth is that the senior players will no longer turn it on risking injury while Cloke is in the team doing little more than go for a Friday night jog on the MCG. They've had it with him. For the rest of this season its as plain as day - Cloke in and we lose; Cloke out and we win. It really is that simple.

If Cloke is dropped for next week's game against the Dogs just you watch how the senior players are transformed and respond.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:39 am

Woods wrote:
The unspeakable truth is that the senior players will no longer turn it on risking injury while Cloke is in the team doing little more than go for a Friday night jog on the MCG. They've had it with him. For the rest of this season its as plain as day - Cloke in and we lose; Cloke out and we win. It really is that simple.

If Cloke is dropped for next week's game against the Dogs just you watch how the senior players are transformed and respond.

The only competent opposition Collingwood has beaten this season without him in the team is Geelong. I'm standing up here for people not posting unfounded rubbish, not for Cloke.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Let's get one thing clear. Sidebottom is NOT A CHAMPION by any means what so ever. We have seen he's best, it's time to get trade value from this waist of unseen "elite talent". In fact our dumbarse football department have all ready missed the boat on this one. In fact he was rewarded a 4 year deal to stay for close to the same money as the skip. Even after the seasons where we need him most importantly to stand up and be accounted for on the big plays and game changing leadership moments during games. We needed him to step up to be a on field leader when as he is considered a senior listed player other younger players would look up to during this handover/rebuild period, but no he continues to play like a smart arse teenage park player. in doing so we reward him with a bullshit over the top contract that only breeds complacency. i applaud qldmagpie67 for putting the evidence out there for all to see because I wouldn't bother with the research as most but it's there to see from this elite hack of a player year in year out.

I see his inability to take repeated contested marks at CHF as a fatal flaw. He must go, now. He's steadily getting worse and will, at this rate, probably not make it to 350 games and 400 games, which really should have been a doddle for him, looks a little problematic.

P4S games played don't equate to being a elite player they equate to longevity. There's been players who played 300+ games who haven't been elite players but honest servsnts and role players at there clubs. This is were he fits into that category a honest toiler who at times does some wonderful things but then in the next breathe does things you would expect of a first year player.
He may well break the games record for the club and kudos if he does but he isn't an elite player. We all have our favourite players and conversely we have those we don't rate so highly it can be a subjective thing at times. Personally I think he's a good/fair player but all the bullshiit hype around him and listening to the know nothing commentators ramble on about 1 miracle kick or pass doesn't make him elite. Doing what Pendles does every week makes you elite. Standing up in the big moments when your team needs you consistently makes you elite. Being a leader when times are tough like a Hodge make you elite.
We will disagree on this like usual and that's cool mate I respect your right to your opinion plus it's always good to debate and stir with good posters like yourself
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
When we lose we look terrible & tonight was especially disappointing. Less than 50 tackles I think.

And apparently Wills laid 8 of those!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Woods wrote:

I think you might be onto something there, a lot of his leads have been disregarded over the last few weeks, even when he is all on his own....have particularly noticed it with Treloar, but Pendles also last night.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:13 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
^ We would not have won the 2010 flag without Sidey's contribution in both GF games… he was 19 and playing top footy when it matters most!

The guy has some dinky kicks now and then - but he has super endurance and knows how to get the ball - the way the game is going with endurance athletes needed Sidey will be a very valuable player.

He had a poor night defensively and needs to make more of his opportunities as a senior player (he was not alone - and was not the worst) but who cares really about awards etc? who's votes for those BS things anyway? - if he plays well when it counts that is what matters! In that regards he is a proven winner.

He needs to go forward more often IMO and kick goals - he has great vision - a little bit of x-factor that sometimes makes you think 'what the?' but he is a champ and one of our best.

YY some of those BS awards you speak of are voted by his team mates and clubs representatives so be fair he isn't obviously rated as a elite match winner by them either
Yes in the GF and replay he was good but not a match winner by any stretch
As for plays well when it matters look at last night and when it mattered he stuffed up badly on 3 occasions each being costly.
Look he wasn't by himself in being ordinary last night but for people to constantly come out claiming his elite is a complete falsehood
Even a broken watch is right twice a day so should it be repaired or left alone ?
I've been saying for ages he should play forward but after the missed goal last night I have my doubts about that either
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Senior Players where the Biggest Let Down last night
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:

The only competent opposition Collingwood has beaten this season without him in the team is Geelong. I'm standing up here for people not posting unfounded rubbish, not for Cloke.

Wholeheartedly agree with Pies4shaw. Such speculative nonsense is an insult to our intelligence.
However, it is also a baseless and slanderous attack, yet again, on one of our great Premiership players.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:55 pm

I've had plenty of time for reflection on last nights game and I am baffled with the selection of Mason Cox. Why on earth you would select him, a forward with no defensive attributes, to go against a player like Alex Rance, the best rebounding defender in the game? The ball hit the ground in our forward 20 and with no crumbers to speak of, and Cox unable to place Rance, or any Tiger, under any pressure whatsoever, he just waltzed out of defence....We are so shit at holding the ball in our defensive 50 and the Tigers rebounded with ease. Only Richmond's ineptness in delivering decent ball into their 50 stopped them from scoring more coast to coast goals

Trent Cotchin was under fire all week regarding his poor perfermance and zero tackle count against the Giants. Cotchin had to come out, redeem himself, and fly the flag. Surely he was the man that would get the Tigers up and running, which he did. Why didn't the coach play a hard tag on him? We all know Cotchin hates being tagged and under performs when manned up and harrassed.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:09 pm

kickit2me wrote:
I've had plenty of time for reflection on last nights game and I am baffled with the selection of Mason Cox. Why on earth you would select him, a forward with no defensive attributes, to go against a player like Alex Rance, the best rebounding defender in the game? The ball hit the ground in our forward 20 and with no crumbers to speak of, and Cox unable to place Rance, or any Tiger, under any pressure whatsoever, he just waltzed out of defence....We are so shit at holding the ball in our defensive 50 and the Tigers rebounded with ease. Only Richmond's ineptness in delivering decent ball into their 50 stopped them from scoring more coast to coast goals

Trent Cotchin was under fire all week regarding his poor perfermance and zero tackle count against the Giants. Cotchin had to come out, redeem himself, and fly the flag. Surely he was the man that would get the Tigers up and running, which he did. Why didn't the coach play a hard tag on him? We all know Cotchin hates being tagged and under performs when manned up and harrassed.
because phuckley is a potato
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:15 pm

I was concerned about this game all week, I knew the Tiges would play like maniacs, they had gone thru the week from hell, utterly humilitated and laughed at by the media and their fans, was never going to be a easy game,never. Still, it was disappointing, we hit the front late, then lo and behold, Pendles goes off injured, just as he was lifting, and it changed the game from that point on, kinda sums up our horror season really.

I think Brown and Blair are now past it, Blair did zilch, why he replaced De Goey is beyond me, and Brown is cooked. He can retire with Goldsack, or look elsewhere, Blair can be traded for a pick. Our forward line was dreadful, though I have no doubt if Moore, Fasolo, and Elliott played, the result of the game would have been different, not to mention Swan. The only shining light for me was the effort of Aish, he was tremendous, far and away our best on ground, never gave up. Just hope we are hurting as the tigers hurt, and come out next week fired up, as they did too us.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Jezza wrote:
The mind boggles how we beat Geelong and GWS (away from home) and yet we cannot beat these dickheads when they're rock bottom.

THE tiges had been humiliated, laughed at, jeered at, and their coach was gong thru hell, I knew the bastards would be fired up too buggery, and have a red hot go, they would have troubled most sides last night. I have seen similar responses so many times in the past, a team gets its arse kicked, humiliated week after week, and hits back hard. We did it earlier in the season, against the Cats, its always rotten luck to play a humiliated team, after some bad losses. Confused

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Jezza wrote:
The mind boggles how we beat Geelong and GWS (away from home) and yet we cannot beat these dickheads when they're rock bottom.

THE tiges had been humiliated, laughed at, jeered at, and their coach was gong thru hell, I knew the bastards would be fired up too buggery, and have a red hot go, they would have troubled most sides last night. I have seen similar responses so many times in the past, a team gets its arse kicked, humiliated week after week, and hits back hard. We did it earlier in the season, against the Cats, its always rotten luck to play a humiliated team, after some bad losses. Confused

I call bullshit on this, and you know it too. You said in the pregame thread

Piesnchess wrote:
MY take is they will come out with all guns blazing for around ten mins, may get a couple of goals on the board early, then will run outa puff, start playing shithouse, and we can catch em, and finish on. we will be ready for them, I'm sure of that, we wont be caught napping.

We came out and kicked the first four goals. What happened? How do you defend the shitfulness of the players and coaching?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I call bullshit on this, and you know it too. You said in the pregame thread

Piesnchess wrote:
MY take is they will come out with all guns blazing for around ten mins, may get a couple of goals on the board early, then will run outa puff, start playing shithouse, and we can catch em, and finish on. we will be ready for them, I'm sure of that, we wont be caught napping.

We came out and kicked the first four goals. What happened? How do you defend the shitfulness of the players and coaching?

Well unlike some on here I did not tip an easy win, I said 14 points, and the fact we got the first four goals was completely unexpected, though as Hungry Bartlett said, they were all form undeserved free kicks. Brown and Reid gifted them goals, and from that point they never looked back, they were very fired up last night, guys like Vickery playing for their careers. Losing Pendles late in the last qtr hardly helped our cause, once he went off, that was it. If we had a forward line of Moore, Fas, and Elliott, that would have made one hell of a difference too. But I guess, you have never ever made a mistake in a pre game thread bout the outcome of a game, how great it must be to be Mr Perfect like you eh. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: