Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The AFL Nightmare GF !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
I gotta say stuff the cats and dogs as well. They were barracking against us when it was us vs Lions. And they let it be known.

Yep, that's why I will barrack for an interstate club over anyone else.
No Vic based supporters would ever back the Pies so stuff them.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
LOL Piesnchess, Sydney versus GWS will be the "Who Frigging Cares" GF!!

I couldn't be even arsed having a BBQ in honour of a shit game like that... Rolling Eyes

Also if this GWS success is not planned corruption to a so called "fair and equitable" draft system, I'll go he! This is fraud mate!! Pure and utter bloody fraud, the same as what robbed Collingwood of a flag in 2002-2003 against the Brions.
I have always said that Eddie is the ONLY President that has the guts to challenge/confront the arseholes in the AFL. The others are plainly sock puppets without a backbone to stand up against this nonsense.
Where WERE these bastards to help Fitzroy? South Melbourne? Even Collingwood in the 80's? Total planned crap!! Evil or Very Mad Mad

Anybody v anybody when Collingwood aren't playing = who frigging cares for me, why should this be the exception.

I would prefer that the Cats don't get through and have a soft spot for the Doggies but won't raise a sweat either way.
blakis 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:12 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
LOL Piesnchess, Sydney versus GWS will be the "Who Frigging Cares" GF!!

I couldn't be even arsed having a BBQ in honour of a shit game like that... Rolling Eyes

Also if this GWS success is not planned corruption to a so called "fair and equitable" draft system, I'll go he! This is fraud mate!! Pure and utter bloody fraud, the same as what robbed Collingwood of a flag in 2002-2003 against the Brions.
I have always said that Eddie is the ONLY President that has the guts to challenge/confront the arseholes in the AFL. The others are plainly sock puppets without a backbone to stand up against this nonsense.
Where WERE these bastards to help Fitzroy? South Melbourne? Even Collingwood in the 80's? Total planned crap!! Evil or Very Mad Mad

Anybody v anybody when Collingwood aren't playing = who frigging cares for me, why should this be the exception.

I would prefer that the Cats don't get through and have a soft spot for the Doggies but won't raise a sweat either way.

Agreed. I haven't watched a grand final since 2011. Pies or GTFO.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:35 pm

I may be the odd one out but I just can't barrack for another Victorian team. I have memories going back decades as to why I don't like them and cannot have good will towards them.

I have been at GF's barracking for WCE to beat Geelong and Hawthorn, for Adelaide to beat St Kilda and for Sydney to beat Hawthorn. In fact, I really enjoyed taunting Hawthorn supporters as they left the ground in tears when Sydney beat them.

I enjoyed seeing Port beat those pricks from Brisbane (I imagine it was the karma bus being driven by Darren Millane that ran over Leppitsch and Voss recently). I enjoyed the Sydney/West Coast GF"s.

Stuff the Dogs and Geelong.I am hoping for, and expect to see, an all Sydney GF. Once the game starts its just a game of footy. I don't hate GWS yet, and they are a great team to watch, so they will have my support.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
the best result would be an all sydney grand final. it will be a true test to see how the afl is travelling in winning the hearts and minds of that region. i would like to see this. who really wants to see geelong in another granny? and, long suffering supporters aside, i certainly don't want to see the welfare win a flag.

You would like to see AFL corruption win, do you JW?

Good for you dude... Shocked Rolling Eyes

yep. no issue with it. for varying reasons, notice how it has taken most of the new clubs only 4-7 years to make their first grand final and/or to win one?

eagles: 5 years
adelaide: 6 years
port: 7 years
brisbane: 5 years
gws: 5 years*

i am more annoyed with the likes of the cats and hawks being perennial finalists. how is that allowed to exist?

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:43 pm

The AFL would see a Sydney/GWS grand final as a big WIN/WIN.

A nightmare GF for the AFL would be the Bulldogs v Geelong GF because that will mean that both love children missed out.

duke750 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:48 pm

It doesn't matter who plays in the GF, it is an EVENT for a lot of people.

Apart from only 77,000 who saw Port beat Brisbane in 2004, the other 2 non Vic GFs between Sydney and West Coast both drew well over 90,000 and both were great games

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:40 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
The A.F.L would absolutely love an all Sydney final.It's just a question of how many GWS fans would turn up.They can't even get a crowd to turn up at their own ground,so how many of them would bother to fly down to Melbourne for the Grand Final?

Wouldn't matter how many GWS fans turned up, the GF isn't a game for the fans it's a game for the corporates and theatre goers.

The ground would be full, TV rating in Sydney particularly would be massive, justification for the northern expansion by the AFL, they'd love it. A crew of cleaners would be required to remove the stalactites from the ceiling in Gillon's office.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:01 pm

The thing I take out of all of this, which I've been saying since inception, is that GWS will be the better team when compared to GCS.

I really don't give a crap about this grand final.

I either want Geelong or GWS to win. I hope it's GWS.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Hope Geelong aren't there. Hope it's Swans v dogs or swans v GWS. Would love to see the doggies win it.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Pretty neutral this year. Slight bias to the Swans, they deserve it most. Giants and Dogs not yet, Cats not again.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 pm

John Wren wrote:
the best result would be an all sydney grand final. it will be a true test to see how the afl is travelling in winning the hearts and minds of that region. i would like to see this. who really wants to see geelong in another granny? and, long suffering supporters aside, i certainly don't want to see the welfare win a flag.

I really could not give a Stuff Really Now with Hawthorn OUT

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The AFL would love an all Sydney GF. There would still be close to a full house at the G and the TV audience would probably hit a record with many more than usual watching in from NSW.

As for the grumblings from Melbourne based teams - the AFL doesn't give a stuff.

I disagree. What motivation is there for Victorian, South Australia, Western Australia and Queenslanders to watch. The magic of the Bloods getting up is well past. Many see the Swans as having received unacceptable advantage via the cola payments. Many see GWS as Lazza and I do. They may have a big audience in Syndey but there will not be a lot of interest elsewhere

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
The A.F.L would absolutely love an all Sydney final.It's just a question of how many GWS fans would turn up.They can't even get a crowd to turn up at their own ground,so how many of them would bother to fly down to Melbourne for the Grand Final?

They always get a full house here in Canberra - even Sydney supporters will come to Canberra to watch them if the Swans are playing interstate that weekend - it's quite surprising. In fact I am spitting chips I didn't take out a 3 game GWS membership at the start of the season. I went to all their games but if I had taken a membership I'd be a chance for finals tickets.
Don't write off a Syd v GWS final - neither side will hold anything back. Sydney is hurting from the first week of the finals and also from straight sets last year and GWS is not afraid to play a physical game.
That said, I hope for the good of the game that the flag goes to the kennel at Whitten Oval.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:48 pm

I spose I'm in a bit of a unique position here. I'm through and through Melbourne born and bred and staunch as hell..35year Pie member etc. I live in Townsville North Queensland. Die hard NQ Cowboys territory. I fly the flag for Pies and AFL. Once upon a time..not that long ago, I was anti expansion, and would barrack for any Vic team vs Interstaters. Ive turned full circle, and I believe we have to (otherwise why follow the game). Honestly its like salmon spawning against the stream..the ineviatable truth of the situation is that it IS a national game (much more so than the NRL, proud to say). Why fight against a code that we should be selling proudly to the masses that this is it!?. Sure it has its failings, and things could've been done better. Work in progress, tweeks here and there. We are never going back to suburban football, face facts. I have no second team (as Doggies may be to some), I have no allegiance to any other Vic team. As someone said earlier, no other team has ever supported us. So this year I want to see, purely as an AFL spectacle, A GWS premiership. Don't care that they have been in the league a poofteenth time compared to some. I wanna see a great game, and with some sentimentality (yes, there is still room for that even in todays brand of footy), Heater having a ripper game.
Peace out guys. look outside of the Victorian bubble. As a side note, Go Storm, but if not..GO Cowboys! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: