Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When will it be legal here?
Within 2 years
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
2-5 years
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
6-10 years
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
11-20 years
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
It'll never happen
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
This is something that should be taken into consideration when we finally move forward on regulation. Maybe a limit of a few grams of high potency stuff a month and more of the lighter smoke available?

The folic acid example in the article above is a similar idea.

Quote:
Mr. Scheineson suggested the F.D.A. might use its regulation of folic acid as a road map for CBD. Consumers can buy folic acid, a B vitamin, over the counter for some uses, but it must be prescribed by doctors at higher concentrations.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Skids wrote:
Very interesting Stui.

One thing I know is the potency of todays smoke is ten times+ stronger than it used to be. I can only imagine the strengths of some of the weed they are now coming up with where it's legal.

Had a mate grow some really nice plants in his yard. A really mellow old school kind of stoned IE - Share a nice spliff and just get a cruisy little buzz, quite easy to carry on as per normal. He was selling bags (over an Oz) for $200.... nobody was interested. They all want the zombie weed 'killer' that puts you on your arse and makes you a whacked out lazy sloth, who wants to do nothing and costs upwards of $400/oz

It's like comparing knocking back 3 cans of mid strength to smashing a bottle of Rum.

This is something that should be taken into consideration when we finally move forward on regulation. Maybe a limit of a few grams of high potency stuff a month and more of the lighter smoke available?

With all the wowser lobby groups we have here who want to turn us into the future society in Demolition Man where everything bad for you was illegal (salt, Sugar, meat, alcohol, tobacco etc) i have no doubt that that whatever regulations end up being agreed, there will still be ample room for a black market.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Quote:
The largest ever ice haul discovered on Australian soil has been seized by federal police after almost 1.6 tonnes of the drug were found hidden inside speakers shipped to Melbourne.

Officers from the Australian Border Force discovered the drugs after they asked for sea cargo shipped from Bangkok, Thailand, to be inspected at a container examination facility..........The 1.596 tonnes of ice equates to about 16 million drug deals, with an estimated street value of $1.197 billion.

Another 37 kilograms of heroin was also found, which has a street value of about $18.5 million.

Shocked Over $1Billion in street value. 16 million drug deals.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/largest-ever-onshore-ice-haul-found-hidden-inside-speakers-in-melbourne-20190607-p51vf9.html

Something of a similar size was intercepted before getting to Australia.

That's a fuckload of moneywhich i guess would go someway to soothing any conscience the scum who tried to import this may have about all the lives it could have ruined.

These are the scum that need to be incinerated, not the user or the low level dealer who's usually a user themself trying to make a few extra bucks, the cnuts who import or manufacture this poison to make profit at the expense of lives.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 pm

wow, how did they find it? how many lives have they saved? brilliant work.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Quote:
The largest ever ice haul discovered on Australian soil has been seized by federal police after almost 1.6 tonnes of the drug were found hidden inside speakers shipped to Melbourne.

Officers from the Australian Border Force discovered the drugs after they asked for sea cargo shipped from Bangkok, Thailand, to be inspected at a container examination facility..........The 1.596 tonnes of ice equates to about 16 million drug deals, with an estimated street value of $1.197 billion.

Another 37 kilograms of heroin was also found, which has a street value of about $18.5 million.

Shocked Over $1Billion in street value. 16 million drug deals.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/largest-ever-onshore-ice-haul-found-hidden-inside-speakers-in-melbourne-20190607-p51vf9.html

Something of a similar size was intercepted before getting to Australia.

That's a fuckload of moneywhich i guess would go someway to soothing any conscience the scum who tried to import this may have about all the lives it could have ruined.

These are the scum that need to be incinerated, not the user or the low level dealer who's usually a user themself trying to make a few extra bucks, the cnuts who import or manufacture this poison to make profit at the expense of lives.

This poison really took off in the mining industry, as it only stays in a users system for 24 - 48hrs. Where as gunja stays in for weeks.

Yet another reason to legalise cannabis.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:09 pm

It's vicious shit, Ice, and incredibly addictive. It's the withdrawal that makes people ratty more than the high from being on it, at least that's what I understand.

My son got off it, but it took a while, lots of collateral issues and will power I didn't know he had. it phucks people up.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 pm

think positive wrote:
how many lives have they saved?

None.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:23 pm

roar wrote:
think positive wrote:
how many lives have they saved?

None.

I think I know why you say that, but I'd like to see your reasoning. Please explain?

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Simply that the supply hasn't dried up because of that bust, and meth heads will still be smoking or injecting the shit same as they would have if there was no bust.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm

That's what I thought.

While I agree with that, I also take the view that if that load had of hit the streets, prices go down and more first timers give it a go and get hooked.

In my opinion it does save lives because while the addicted won't be impacted except by maybe higher prices, some people may not start which are lives saved.

I'd put the arsewipes who imported this into a coffin, pack every gap with bags of Ice, and feed the coffin into a crematorium. They may get high before they fry.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 pm

I don't think the cheaper price would have attracted more users but I am happy that there will be a lot less of it on the streets because of the bust.
Generally I am for the legalisation of drugs but meth and heroin are tricky ones because of the damage they can do but having said that, there are people who use it recreationally and responsibly so should they be denied?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Meth comes in different forms.

Ecstasy can be used responsibly and recreationly, Ice can't. Other variants are in between.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Back to Cannibas, scientists seem to have discovered where it originated.

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/scientists-locate-where-cannabis-may-have-first-originated/?fbclid=IwAR2hMah2JYCJg3yKklUbwQgwX_2Fqqc2OSv6Gzk928TtZkGnA6a9tbMm7so

Quote:
High on the Tibetan Plateau, there's Qinghai Lake – the largest lake in all of China. Now, researchers believe this high-altitude region may be the origin of the cannabis plant. The study is published in the journal Vegetation History and Archaeobotany.

So no surprise that the first stoners appear to have been.......(drumroll)........Chinese.

Quote:
Cannabis has been cultivated as a crop for millennia, but there's been little historical or archeological evidence showing when humans began to use the plant for what it's best known for today: getting high.

However, an excavation of a 2,500-year-old tomb in western China has revealed the earliest clear evidence of humans using cannabis for its psychoactive properties.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/12/health/cannabis-china-tombs-scn-intl/index.html

I'm trying to imagine how you'd cure the munchies 2500 years ago in Western China with no BBQ shapes or KFC available.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm

I fully expect the Victorian Government to be the first domino to fall, when you're out of money and down on your luck of course you turn to selling drugs.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 pm

^

Not a bad prediction. Danny Boy bet the farm on housing prices not falling and Shorten winning the election. All the construction he already has in train will go over budget big time as the CFMMEU are in it up to their neck.

I expect some ranting at the Federal government first though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 26 of 33   

Jump to: