Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

James Hird rushed to hospital (let's be tactful, people)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reserve my sympathy for those not gifted his opportunities in life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 pm

I can see this story being "sold" to one of the gossip mongering rags: No Idea or Women's Weeply.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:44 pm

The media are turds and have no morals . . truth.
Mental health issues are NO joke . . truth.
Children need to be protected . . truth.

His wife was happy to be the centre of media attention during the circus.
They are both now reaping what they sowed.

Time to put things into perspective - the man was central to a disgusting program of deception and sporting corruption.

His wife was right in there with him when the Essendon media pack were running their circus.

Now the inevitable consequences begin, the pity should rightly be directed at the only truly innocents . . their children.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 am

Leggie wrote:
Regardless of what has happened in the past, I hope he is ok.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This goes beyond football.

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:47 am

I have a lot of sympathy for the guy, and his family.

With four kids to look after, along with a loving wife and no doubt plenty of other family, he must be at absolute rock bottom to resort to such measures.

I don't like the stubbornness he showed after the verdict.. and throughout the process, but he is a human being, and deserves support and forgiveness.

I blame dank more than him for what happened. He was just ultra competitive, wanted his club to succeed again, and trusted people that were obv untrustworthy. At no stage did the guy try and cheat... he just chose the wrong people and failed his players. Which he has now paid for.

Last edited by cityslick1 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:04 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
I have a lot of sympathy for the guy, and his family.

With four kids to look after, along with a loving wife and no doubt plenty of other family, he must be at absolute rock bottom to resort to such measures.

I don't like the stubbornness he showed after the verdict.. and throughout the process, but he is a human being, and deserves support and forgiveness.

I blam dank more than him for what happened. He was just ultra competitive, wanted his club to succeed again, and trusted people that were obv untrustworthy. At no stage didn the guy try and cheat... he just chose the wrong people and failed his players. Which he has lid for.

What! Have you seen the text transcripts? Where are the records? What about his problems with the doc who was not happy with the program? What about Jobes admission? What about those signed waivers? He is as guilty as sin, stubbornness? Bullshit, he is a bloody liar and a cheat and he just about sold his club, and our game downthe river. Forgiveness? What is to forgive since you think he did nothing wrong? As for blaming the media like so many are, he played them like a fiddle throughout the whole saga. He has never admitted, let alone apologised for the shit storm he caused.

It may not even be about that anyhow, how about the other rumours doing the rounds? The more personal ones?

I feel for his wife, and I feel desperately for his kids; on top of the rest of it, the last 5 years of hell, they now have to deal with this.

The beyondblue Support Service provides advice and support via telephone 24/7 (just call 1300 22 4636), daily web chat (between 3pm–12am) and email (with a response provided within 24 hours).

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Maybe his conscience has kicked in
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Maybe, just maybe James will realise that his behaviour may also push some of his players to this breaking point and perhaps he might grow the pair he needs to finally admit he was wrong in ruining the lives of so many young men.

I am positive everyone would have sympathy and be supportive is James admitted he was wrong during the drug scandal.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Maybe, just maybe James will realise that his behaviour may also push some of his players to this breaking point and perhaps he might grow the pair he needs to finally admit he was wrong in ruining the lives of so many young men.

I am positive everyone would have sympathy and be supportive is James admitted he was wrong during the drug scandal.

I reckon your spot on.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:07 pm

The same media that went after Didak , garry Lyon, Gary Ablett Snt , If we allow them ti get away with it and they will keep doing it. Our TV is saturated with bullshite shows delving into peoples lives, attention seeking whores everywhere an d anything said by the Kardashians is news. The moralcompass was thrown out the window years ago, I am not surprised at any of this and something is wrong when Keff Kennett is the voice of reason in all this.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:07 pm

The same media that went after Didak , garry Lyon, Gary Ablett Snt , If we allow them ti get away with it and they will keep doing it. Our TV is saturated with bullshite shows delving into peoples lives, attention seeking whores everywhere an d anything said by the Kardashians is news. The moralcompass was thrown out the window years ago, I am not surprised at any of this and something is wrong when Keff Kennett is the voice of reason in all this.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Poor baby James !

As usual it's the AFL , media & Everyone elses fault - little Jimmy can do no wrong .

As was previously pointed out Karma's a bitch .

I feel for his family , but have no sympathy for him .

GO PIES
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Wow... lot of hate on here towards a guy who almost died two days ago, and who's life, relationships and aspirations look shot.

Don't we love to kick someone when they're down.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:27 pm

I see a lack of sympathy, I don't see any hate.
And all those things in his life that look shot, who's fault is that?

Personal responsibility seems to be an old fashion idea these days.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:54 am

I think one should be able to separate their feelings about Hird's latest health issues in contrast to his major involvement in the supplements saga which he largely contributed to along with other key individuals such as Stephen Dank amongst others.

So, the blame and criticism directed to him shouldn't disappear because of what happened during the week, so we need to be careful to not to change or slant history for the sake of it.

At the same I think one can be at least sympathetic that he's experiencing a health crisis and his family will be deeply affected by it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: