Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
I guess the expression "all the lefty rags" is code for "all the viable presses in the entire free world that are sufficiently credible that people will pay to read them".

Laughing
In your bubble, that no doubt is a feasible argument.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 am

Wokko wrote:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/24641/shapiro-national-review-there-only-one-trump-and-ben-shapiro#

Shapiro explains it better than all the lefty rags, and he's pretty much one of the #nevertrump Conservatives, so not part of the cheer squad.

Not a bad article by Shapiro, but I don’t know that Trump’s election was just about how terrible a candidate HRC was, as he suggests ; clearly it played a big role, but Trump also bawled out the message that governments and politicians exist only to serve the interests of their citizens, almost all of whom live within the borders of the nation. Western internationalists, raised on ideals of global interdependence and universal equality, and estranged from their fellow citizens by wealth and opportunity, had forgotten that this is what government is for. Trump shouted it to them, and the cornered people answered. Read the excellent book “Janesville” by Amy Goldstein, for an insight into how American governments and corporations have drained the hopes of their people - by offshoring, by immigration, and by short-term profit chasing. I cannot stand the man, but he made a proposal that no one else dared make in such naked terms.

I think the backlash against “stateless” politicians will continue to grow in Western nations, and though it will have some undesirable effects (eg on global warming, which really is a transnational issue), it may, in time, give rise to a more coherent and less destructive set of policies overall.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:23 am

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I guess the expression "all the lefty rags" is code for "all the viable presses in the entire free world that are sufficiently credible that people will pay to read them".

Laughing

You do understand that “my bubble” is a mostly conservative, right of centre “bubble”, in which me and all my mates basically print our own money, live lives of extreme privilege and spend lots of our time in our exclusive clubs, don’t you? It’s hardly a lefty commune.

I find it quite disturbing that so many people who post on here seem to think that their ridiculous ultra-right views are just “conservative”, rather than “racist”, “anti-democratic” and “entirely unacceptable in modern society”.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Laughing

You do understand that “my bubble” is a mostly conservative, right of centre “bubble”, in which me and all my mates basically print our own money, live lives of extreme privilege and spend lots of our time in our exclusive clubs, don’t you? It’s hardly a lefty commune.

I find it quite disturbing that so many people who post on here seem to think that their ridiculous ultra-right views are just “conservative”, rather than “racist”, “anti-democratic” and “entirely unacceptable in modern society”.

I can’t think of one person on here who writes things which are “racist” or “entirely unacceptable in modern society” (hint: if there were, it would be moderated out). There’s also no one here who writes anything that a balanced observer would consider “ultra-right”, as that term is normally used. The only probably racist term I can recall reading on here is “white trash”. It was not used by any of the posters with conservative opinions.

There are, however, one or two people who consider opposing views to be morally disgusting and “unacceptable” when they are clearly neither. That is intolerance and bigotry.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 pm

What makes it disturbing?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Trump and Russia colluded with one another! Razz

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/vladimir-putin-thanks-donald-trump-for-cia-tip-terror-attacks/9267142

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 am

Trump and his gang are so dumb, they had no idea that Mueller had the emails. Every time they've not handed over emails, Mueller already knew what was going on. How did he identify which of the 50,000 emails to read? Simple, all he did ask Trump for all of the emails and then he would read the ones he didn't give him. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You cab't make this shit up. Laughing Laughing Laughing

There is no doubt Trump wants to sack Mueller but that wouldn't be a good look. No doubt the emails will become fake shortly. Yes it's all leftist propaganda as well. Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/942221228483469312
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:28 am

Jezza wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/vladimir-putin-thanks-donald-trump-for-cia-tip-terror-attacks/9267142

Collaboration and collusion have very different meaning. You meant “collaboration”, and it is good that they did.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Collaboration and collusion have very different meaning. You meant “collaboration”, and it is good that they did.

I think I should have inserted quotation marks in the word "collusion". It was sarcasm more than anything else.

However, you're correct to say that the word "collaboration" would have been the right choice of word to describe the CIA's tip off of a potential terror attack in Russia.

Seeing nations work together to defeat the scourge of terrorism can only be a good thing.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Jezza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I think I should have inserted quotation marks in the word "collusion". It was sarcasm more than anything else.

However, you're correct to say that the word "collaboration" would have been the right choice of word to describe the CIA's tip off of a potential terror attack in Russia.

Seeing nations work together to defeat the scourge of terrorism can only be a good thing.

Ah, got it - sorry I missed the sarcasm, probably didn’t read back far enough. Cheers.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Sayonara.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:40 am

A Krissmas Kwizz:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/23/who-said-it-donald-trump-or-buddy-from-elf
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:41 am

Scary that I can’t be sure about any of them!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
A Krissmas Kwizz:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/23/who-said-it-donald-trump-or-buddy-from-elf

You got…

13/15

"It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture” - Buddy

Easy Cool

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Not to brag, but I got 15/15, and I haven’t even seen that movie. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 61 of 222   

Jump to: