Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fair points there. Important not to take these things at face value.
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Anyway, never mind – apparently Oprah is going to be president in 2020. Maybe Dr Phil can be her running mate.

America sure has a thing for bullshit artists.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Trump on TV made people compete for a job

Oprah gave away free shit

Pretty much their political platforms Laughing
David Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 am

^ Correction: In his show, Trump surrounded himself with idiots, fired pretty much all of them, and left only the biggest suck-ups standing. Laughing

Oprah, on the other hand, will probably solve economic problems through crystal healing remedies and the power of positive thinking.

Some might think it’d be good to elect someone with a coherent policy platform and some relevant skills, but what they don’t realise is that what you really need in American politics is to a) be rich; b) be famous; and c) make a nice speech one time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 am

Hmm. So what makes a politician?
Did the Kennedy’s all have a political degree?
Does Pauline Hanson? Turnbull? Shorten? Abbott?

Have any of them started a foundation like the Angel Network? Oprah covers all admin costs and it’s raised $80,000,000 over 12 years. The. There is her Leadership foundation that helps out with education world wide. And it goes on and on. And yes she has a few lovely homes. And yes, she believes in being spiritual. And Gay Marriage!

Full of bullshit? I think not!

And just in case any of you remember the more feral me that has made the occasional appearance over the years, **** you, don’t pick on my Oprah!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am

Not qualified. So bound to win.
David Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm

think positive wrote:
Hmm. So what makes a politician?
Did the Kennedy’s all have a political degree?
Does Pauline Hanson? Turnbull? Shorten? Abbott?

Have any of them started a foundation like the Angel Network? Oprah covers all admin costs and it’s raised $80,000,000 over 12 years. The. There is her Leadership foundation that helps out with education world wide. And it goes on and on. And yes she has a few lovely homes. And yes, she believes in being spiritual. And Gay Marriage!

Full of bullshit? I think not!

And just in case any of you remember the more feral me that has made the occasional appearance over the years, **** you, don’t pick on my Oprah!

Every (rich) person and their dog has a charitable foundation, from Warnie to Donald Trump, so I don’t find that particularly compelling. I’m not saying her heart isn’t in the right place – clearly she cares about women’s issues – and I’m sure she’s sincere in other ways. But she’s also used her show to promote all sorts of phoneys, from alt-medicine pushers to the author of The Secret; and her entire self-empowerment philosophy is just typical American-dream pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps nonsense. So, she’s at least a partial bullshit artist, and I don’t see any reason to believe that she’d be any less of a shallow politician than Trump – long on feelgood and nice rhetoric, short on substance and policy development skills. As one journalist pointed out, Oprah wouldn’t hand her own talk show host position over to some untested person with no relevant experience, so why would she think she’s a good candidate for the presidency of an entire country?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm

The problem (if that's the right word) is that as president Trump is actually doing a really good job. If you can look past the tweeting and set aside the Trump derangement syndrome he's doing what he promised, making deals across the aisle and even his international diplomacy is bearing fruit (NK sat down with SK for the first time in years after Trump's crazy tweeting). I believe it's called "Mad Dog diplomacy"; if your enemy thinks your crazy enough to follow through then they'll negotiate.

Now I think Oprah would be an abject failure but Trump is setting the precedent of a non politician doing a good job as president. You can bet that if someone like Oprah runs in 2020 they'll be happy to say Trump's done a good job to nullify the 'lack of experience/skills' angle.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm

"Trump said, “Yeah, I’ll beat Oprah. Oprah would be a lot of fun. I know her very well. You know, I did one of her last shows. She had Donald Trump, this was before politics, her last week, and she had Donald Trump and my family. It was very nice. No, I like Oprah. I don’t think she’s going to run. I don’t think she’s going to run. I know her very well.”"

Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 pm

David wrote:
This is really quite something:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Quote:
Even though the numbers in a few key states had appeared to be changing to Trump’s advantage, neither Conway nor Trump himself nor his son-in-law, Jared Kushner — the effective head of the campaign — ­wavered in their certainty: Their unexpected adventure would soon be over. Not only would Trump not be president, almost everyone in the campaign agreed, he should probably not be. Conveniently, the former conviction meant nobody had to deal with the latter issue.

As the campaign came to an end, Trump himself was sanguine. His ultimate goal, after all, had never been to win. “I can be the most famous man in the world,” he had told his aide Sam Nunberg at the outset of the race. His longtime friend Roger Ailes, the former head of Fox News, liked to say that if you want a career in television, first run for president. Now Trump, encouraged by Ailes, was floating rumors about a Trump network. It was a great future. He would come out of this campaign, Trump assured Ailes, with a far more powerful brand and untold opportunities.

“This is bigger than I ever dreamed of,” he told Ailes a week before the election. “I don’t think about losing, because it isn’t losing. We’ve totally won.”

[...]

Once he lost, Trump would be both insanely famous and a martyr to Crooked Hillary. His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared would be international celebrities. Steve Bannon would become the de facto head of the tea-party movement. Kellyanne Conway would be a cable-news star. Melania Trump, who had been assured by her husband that he wouldn’t become president, could return to inconspicuously lunching. Losing would work out for everybody. Losing was winning.

Shortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night, when the unexpected trend — Trump might actually win — seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears — and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation: Suddenly, Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be, and was wholly capable of being, the president of the United States.

Here he is being roasted for this book's inaccuracy on The View of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7pQOunpGU
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

The dumb fck just announced the US has sold Norway F-52's (must be a new aircraft that no one knows about). Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Even more proof that you may have money but that doesn't make you smart. Razz
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 pm

He meant 52 F35s. Funny but hardly worth mentioning. Bush's gaffes were much funnier.
David Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Wokko wrote:
Here he is being roasted for this book's inaccuracy on The View of all places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7pQOunpGU

Yeah, there seems to be a bit of a consensus that the guy’s a bit of a charlatan (though obviously not everything is made up, given the subsequent fallout between Trump and Bannon). Some of us were perhaps a little too quick to believe it solely because we wanted to believe it, perhaps symptomatic of the American anti-Trump movement’s increasing disconnection from reality.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Wokko wrote:
The problem (if that's the right word) is that as president Trump is actually doing a really good job. If you can look past the tweeting and set aside the Trump derangement syndrome he's doing what he promised, making deals across the aisle and even his international diplomacy is bearing fruit (NK sat down with SK for the first time in years after Trump's crazy tweeting). I believe it's called "Mad Dog diplomacy"; if your enemy thinks your crazy enough to follow through then they'll negotiate.

Now I think Oprah would be an abject failure but Trump is setting the precedent of a non politician doing a good job as president. You can bet that if someone like Oprah runs in 2020 they'll be happy to say Trump's done a good job to nullify the 'lack of experience/skills' angle.

I don’t see how he is doing a good job. Some missile-rattling vs NK is not really an achievement, though it is a policy I like insofar as it puts pressure on China, the real bad actor. And NK and Sk have had talks before, which usually come to nought because NK is not interested. If NK were to move towards nuclear disarmament, I’d see that as a policy achievement. He failed to dismantle Obamacare (a fortunate failure in my eyes) and he’s managed to get through a big tax cut in a system that has immense fiscal stresses and high government debt. Presidents do not need to be managers, and he could conceivably do more good than harm as Reagan ultimately did ; but I don’t think we should be too quick to acclaim Trump’s meagre achievements thus far.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:

I don’t see how he is doing a good job. Some missile-rattling vs NK is not really an achievement, though it is a policy I like insofar as it puts pressure on China, the real bad actor. And NK and Sk have had talks before, which usually come to nought because NK is not interested. If NK were to move towards nuclear disarmament, I’d see that as a policy achievement. He failed to dismantle Obamacare (a fortunate failure in my eyes) and he’s managed to get through a big tax cut in a system that has immense fiscal stresses and high government debt. Presidents do not need to be managers, and he could conceivably do more good than harm as Reagan ultimately did ; but I don’t think we should be too quick to acclaim Trump’s meagre achievements thus far.

Most achievements go unreported unless you want to go looking for them. Western media is so biased it's not funny.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Donald_Trump_achievements
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 63 of 222   

Jump to: