Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Zaharakis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 pm
Post subject: David ZaharakisReply with quote

Quote:
ESSENDON midfielder David Zaharakis has lamented that a third of his football career will have gone "down the drain" as a result of the club's damaging supplements saga.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-06/down-the-drain-david-zaharakis-laments-impact-of-supplements-saga-on-his-career

He's just turned 27, which gives him how long to win a flag at Essendon? 3-4 years?

With so many question marks over experienced players, it's not looking likely.

David Zaharakis wrote:
But I'm not the only one in that situation, I know 40 other blokes thinking 'this is annoying me'; who think 'my teammates have done nothing wrong and I'm being affected here as well by them being suspended and they don't deserve to be.

Cant tell if he's still in denial like so many Essendon supporters we've seen. Perhaps the players are innocent and are just guilty of being naïve if that's a better word for it. But this still leaves the club at fault in so many ways.

David Zaharakis wrote:
It sort of seemed like they punished us early. The other guys (the 34 served with infraction notices) didn't get punished till years later. That was very frustrating. They went very early on that, but you can't dispute it too much.

Well I guess he's kind of right as he didn't take the banned substance and had to sit out of a finals series. But the club refused to take responsibility and had this 'protecting the players' attitude. Were they protecting players or themselves? As we know the players were later found guilty and had to sit out 1 season anyway. (Luckily not 2 seasons).

Quote:
Zaharakis also said he was "shattered" for former coach James Hird that his tenure at the club had been full of such controversy.

David Zaharakis wrote:
It's a very sad thing. He wanted to be coach of a club he played for, to try and be a successful coach and now it's all come to this. It's a shattering end for what could have been something great for the footy club.

Bloody hell. Is Hird responsible in any way or not?

A question I have is, will Zaharakis stay at Essendon as he is a free agent at seasons end?

Considering everything that's happened, with banned players mostly staying and the fact that he is a complete sucker for the club, I cant see him leaving. But has he had enough of his surroundings in any way? Is he still angry? Is he angry at the club? Is money an issue?

If a club with a chance to finish top 4 comes knocking, surly he has a look?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: