Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 7 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayle Kirby take a bow.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Hopefully a good omen for the rest of the day. Now to ride home 😀
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Full Time.

Collingwood 14.8.92
Sandringham 11.12.78

GOALS - Kirby 6, Cox 3, Kelly, Mayne, Thomas, Borthwick, Keeffe

OVER TO YOU!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Saw 5 of KK's 6. 😁
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks MagpieBat, Great Call
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Excellent win.

Thanks for the call, BatMod. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks MagpieBat, great call
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:54 pm

I could care less if Kirby isn't in prime physical shape.

He has displayed an ability to kick goals, tackle strong and jump on opponents backs at VFL level for both Richmond and Collingwood.

For a fat bastard he must be doing a lot right.

He's 182cm and built like a brick and as a small forward he doesn't need elite endurance.

And I tell you what, he starts getting dangerous inside f50 and opponents will think twice about paying him no respect and playing offensively.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:04 pm

We have a lot fitter looking players doing sweet FA.
Give the guy a go in the seniors.
He is EXACTLY what we are missing.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Time for the BigShow to debut!!

Great work as always MB.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Let Him Play!
Let Him Play!

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Let the kid enjoy himself playing footy in the 2s.
We don't need another player failing to meet unrealistic expectations.

Big jump from VFL to AFL. If the coaches think he is ready then give it a go.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I could care less if Kirby isn't in prime physical shape.

He has displayed an ability to kick goals, tackle strong and jump on opponents backs at VFL level for both Richmond and Collingwood.

For a fat bastard he must be doing a lot right.

He's 182cm and built like a brick and as a small forward he doesn't need elite endurance.

And I tell you what, he starts getting dangerous inside f50 and opponents will think twice about paying him no respect and playing offensively.

I am of a similar mind given our inability to kick at goal accurately in AFL. Surely he gets a debut on QB with Brown. With travel back from Perth, expect. a few changes and we may have Varcoe and Reid available.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Great response after quarter time and we played some cracking footy thereafter. An omen is there ever was one was the magpie preached on top of the netting post immediately behind the goals at the Yarra end (the end we were kicking to) for much of the second quarter.

Langdon - Not as much footy as the Box Hill game, but provided a good contest in defence with some nice spoils and marks too

Schade - Was soundly beaten in the first quarter, but as Rivers said to him at 3/4 time a great response.

McLarty - Much like Schade, beaten in the first half, but some better efforts in the second half

Keeffe - With Schade dropping back a level Keeffe returned to our forward line. Provided a good option with some nice leads and much improved as a forward today. Just needs some confidence to nail the set shots

Daicos - Didn't do much today, but his poise and class was evident during the few times he found space. Courageous as they come too, copped one high going back with the flight of the ball with a bigger opponent coming the other way.

Blair - Got better as the game went on playing as a midfielder, like always his endeavour can't be faulted and he took a lot of hits in the contest today

Lynch - Played ruck swapping with McCarthy, really impressed by his attributes today, even though I suspect he didn't get much footy. Has a nice leap and with more experience I can see the ability to win a lot of hitouts going forward.

Mayne - Like the Box Hill match played on the wing today. He's a smart footballer - knows when take possession of the ball, when to tackle, when to knock the footy on or conversely wait a fraction of a second in those situations. Also put his body on line standing under high balls in defence. Best game for the club for mine and an encouraging performance.

Kirby - Wow, great game. If there were still any doubters they'd be converted or committed (mad) after today. A natural footballer, aggressive and strong in the contest and tackling. While his goal kicking is rightfully getting all the hype currently I can see him developing into a really good midfielder in a few years.

McCarthy - Played ruck alternating with Lynch, still lacks a bit of strength at this early stage of his career, but looks a talent

Cox - Played forward all day and I can't remember him rucking a centre bounce. Drifted in and out of the game a bit, but took some important and strong marks albeit most weren't clean grabs instead being taken on the second or third attempt, some cleaver knock ons too.

Thomas - Like Blair I noticed him more as the game went on, had a really good last quarter

Sier - Played his best in the first half where he was able to get some footy on the outside spreading to space. Doesn't mind cheekily throwing his weight around either. Certainly has the physique to play seniors, just remains to be seen whether the talent is there.

Hellier - was great having our captain back, provided some much needed leadership to the midfield group

Kelly - I'm liking his new role as a lead up half forward, took some nice marks leading up to the footy and certainly adds to our structure with this role. Much like Goldsack he has a never say die attitude too.

Gray, Tardrew and Lane were others who played good games/roles.

Rivers - I've never reviewed a coaches performance, but I was really impressed by his coaching addresses today. Gave a whack when we needed it at quarter time (he was stinging of our defence in particular, going straight to that group prior to line coaches giving their address), but then at 3 quarter time went out of his way to give praise after players responded. Kept things simple at both quarter time breaks. Also coached from the boundary today (not sure if this is a new thing?) and gave each player a pat on the back and a quick chat as they came off.​
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Cox 3 goals from a tall forward, Kirby 6 goals from a small forward. Both doing what they can to put their hand up, great to see.

Question with Kirby is, when to bring him up to AFL?

Too early if he can't last a game, could mess with his confidence and set him back.

Make him wait too long when he's playing well at VFL, again could be detrimental.

real punt.

Depending on how we go today, I'd be inclined toward rewarding him with a game against melbourne. Give the kid a taste and tell him to go out and enjoy it, no pressure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: