Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Guts and courage. So very proud of all our boys.
Starring roles from Pendles and Treloar, with a few second tier players really standing up. Great games from WHE, Josh Smith, Jeremy Howe.

Jeremy Howe isn't second-tier anymore. Not after this season, especially his last few weeks. He's a firm favourite in the press to be selected as an All-Australian.

Absolutely correct Tannin. I didn't phrase that comment well at all Laughing

Cheers mate.

Remember a plodder that came to us from another club a while back? He played back a bit, forward a bit, seemed to have a bit of talent but never really established himself as a quality player for that other club. Came over here in one of those who-cares-either-way trades and ... well, his name was Jimmy Clement. You know the rest.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Damien wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I love Goldy. Guy has a heart the size of Ayers Rock.

Great win.

Best season ever I reckon. I thought he was cooked at the end of last year. Sack, Dunn and Howe down back is a very experienced cool headed back line.

And Smith and Maynard keep on delivering. Ramsay still looks shaky, but hopefully more games will build his confidence.

Smith had a blinder. Maynard is a weapon. Ramsay worries me. Big wrap on him last year before he went down but not enough one touch. Langdon would be eyeing his spot. Our backline looks great. Good depth.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm

^^^ Go back and re-watch Ramsay's game against the Swans. His ball-handling was brilliant in that one.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Impressed! Gutsy win with so many injured players and away from home. It may cost us in the next few games but also provides an opportunity for others. Kirby is one. Well done lads. GO PIES!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Damien wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Damien wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I love Goldy. Guy has a heart the size of Ayers Rock.

Great win.

Best season ever I reckon. I thought he was cooked at the end of last year. Sack, Dunn and Howe down back is a very experienced cool headed back line.

And Smith and Maynard keep on delivering. Ramsay still looks shaky, but hopefully more games will build his confidence.

Smith had a blinder. Maynard is a weapon. Ramsay worries me. Big wrap on him last year before he went down but not enough one touch. Langdon would be eyeing his spot. Our backline looks great. Good depth.

After seeing most of the VFL today Ramsay will not be facing pressure from Langdon for a good while yet

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:42 pm

DE stats are interesting.

Our man who topped the AF points table (on 131 with Smith) registered the lowest DE% - 60.7.

Shaz was our best @ 91.7

Then, Goldy and Howe - 90
Crisp & Maynard 88.5 and 88.2
Phillips - 86.4

13 other players returned 75 or better.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Great win. For mine - I thought our backline was less poised than in previous two weeks but came through. I thought Grundy had a bit of a shocker - let's hope it was his one for the year. Moore plays just like his old man - only better - he has a magnificent leap for the ruck and can basically push the pill into our rovers throats - bit better at this than Grundy today. Broomhead is the weakest link in my opinion but noting injuries, will retain his spot. Crocker was ordinary but may need a week or two to get back in the groove. Ramsay is a worry but is needed. With need for two, maybe three injury replacements needed, it will be tough to beat Melbourne next week. So who comes in, Mayne for the experience and what he has to offer if on song. The injury list doesn't offer anyone up - Varcoe and co will not be ready until after the bye by the looks. Brown? Cox? Maybe Blair has to come back in. Maybe Fasolo is ready to come back already?
mosig 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 pm

When the game was on the line Pendles wins a hard ball, cleverly hooks the ball around to Treloar who finishes from a tightish angle. Thought that was super leadership from the two stars just taking it upon themselves to get the job done.

Also as a side note, we all witnessed a piece of rare history. Pendles kicking 0-3. Can't ever see that happening again.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Damien wrote:
Great coaching today. In the first half Fyfe was running with Pendles. Took him to full forward and Fyfe was exposed. Change was made. Who says this guy can't coach.

That was a lesson Dennis Pagan taught Buckley many years ago when Buckley played on Wayne Schwass and Schwass took him to the goal square and exposed him as a deep defender.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Go back and re-watch Ramsay's game against the Swans. His ball-handling was brilliant in that one.

We all want the kid to make it and he has time. His pace and ball handling and ball carry is ok but he is poor in the body on body contests and keeping his position at the ball drop. He is a bit of a target for an opposition coach to exploit right now.
I like the kid but I think he is a couple pre seasons in the gym away from becoming a weapon for us.
Scharenberg however, is the complete opposite, great judge of the ball drop and holds his position well in the contest ( for a young man who has played very little footy ) He played on bigger opponents today and held his own pretty well.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Very good win, but closer than it should have been.

The first quarter was basically complete domination everywhere bar the scoreboard. Very poor misses by Pendles and Moore. We should have been six goals up at 1/4 time, not 10 points.

Poor start to the second quarter, two goals against within the first few minutes. We steadied well and played a very good last 20 minutes of that quarter, despite again missing some very kickable goals and letting Hill get the last goal out the back, albeit they got a lucky bounce on the wing. 16 points was nowhere near the lead we should have had at 1/2 time, it should have been closer to 50 points.

Another very poor start to the third quarter, giving up 2 goals in 2 minutes. We steadied well and Elliott played a very good quarter.

Poor start to the last quarter just for a change. By my reckoning of their 12 goals for the game, 6 of them came in about 8 minutes of footy at the start of the 2nd, 3rd and last quarters, so we kept them to 6 goals for the other 110 odd minutes. With Wells down, Greenwood on one leg, Goldsack playing with one good arm and then Elliott going down, I thought we were done for. However, the players should great resilience to dig deep and play a great last 20 minutes. Grundy was huge, as was Treloar (BOG) in this period. Hoskin-Elliott's goal showed how special a player he is. Great to see us get home without the skipper having a major influence in the last 20 minutes, which is a sign of the group maturing.

Smitty was brilliant all game. Crispy's last half had a big say in us winning. De Goey had his best game since his return and good to see him get some midfield minutes. Loving Darcy playing as the 2nd ruck, he is playing his best football as a result. Howe's intercept marking was first class. Sidey, Pendles and Adams had solid games again. Broomy's first half was his best footy for a couple of years.

Kudos to Goldy, he showed remarkable courage to play in the 2nd half.

Disappointing to cop some injuries, especially to Jamie. Hopefully, he only misses the one with the bye. Mayne must come in, if Fas needs more time. Schade for Goldy. Brown for Wells. Kirby with 6 in the 2's must come into contention, if Greenwood doesn't come up. De Goey to play more midfield minutes.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 pm

I thought Moore turned the game with his ruck work and great Marking. One of his best games. Goldy and Levi. What more can you say..just guts
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
Very good win, but closer than it should have been.

The first quarter was basically complete domination everywhere bar the scoreboard. Very poor misses by Pendles and Moore. We should have been six goals up at 1/4 time, not 10 points.

Poor start to the second quarter, two goals against within the first few minutes. We steadied well and played a very good last 20 minutes of that quarter, despite again missing some very kickable goals and letting Hill get the last goal out the back, albeit they got a lucky bounce on the wing. 16 points was nowhere near the lead we should have had at 1/2 time, it should have been closer to 50 points.

Another very poor start to the third quarter, giving up 2 goals in 2 minutes. We steadied well and Elliott played a very good quarter.

Poor start to the last quarter just for a change. By my reckoning of their 12 goals for the game, 6 of them came in about 8 minutes of footy at the start of the 2nd, 3rd and last quarters, so we kept them to 6 goals for the other 110 odd minutes. With Wells down, Greenwood on one leg, Goldsack playing with one good arm and then Elliott going down, I thought we were done for. However, the players should great resilience to dig deep and play a great last 20 minutes. Grundy was huge, as was Treloar (BOG) in this period. Hoskin-Elliott's goal showed how special a player he is. Great to see us get home without the skipper having a major influence in the last 20 minutes, which is a sign of the group maturing.

Smitty was brilliant all game. Crispy's last half had a big say in us winning. De Goey had his best game since his return and good to see him get some midfield minutes. Loving Darcy playing as the 2nd ruck, he is playing his best football as a result. Howe's intercept marking was first class. Sidey, Pendles and Adams had solid games again. Broomy's first half was his best footy for a couple of years.

Kudos to Goldy, he showed remarkable courage to play in the 2nd half.

Disappointing to cop some injuries, especially to Jamie. Hopefully, he only misses the one with the bye. Mayne must come in, if Fas needs more time. Schade for Goldy. Brown for Wells. Kirby with 6 in the 2's must come into contention, if Greenwood doesn't come up. De Goey to play more midfield minutes.

...and Treloar was magnificent.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:08 pm

1 game out of the 8
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:09 pm

^^
Yes Rudey, this is why I had the following in brackets, (BOG), after his name in my comments re his last 20 minutes of the game. He was sensational all game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: