Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Smith had a poor game - but he was fantastic the previous week. I don't think he's a back, though. Crocker has the potential to be a good player but he needs to get a better run of games to get the feel of it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 am

thompsoc wrote:
So Mooretreloar fancy blaming the umps for such a loss.
Only the riff raff would do that.
We got beaten because we weren't strong enough or fast enough on the break.
Simple as that.
According to my brother we have lost 7 games by under 20 points.
This must be a record.

We lost the game in the third quarter. No doubt that if we had held our own in the third quarter we should have been able to defend the lead in the fourth.

Our ball use and decision making at times was atrocious and at times we allowed Melbourne to hold the ball in out back 50 for far too long until they scored.

Thompsoc, you promote yourself as being a person with a good insight into football. To serve you agenda of anti Buckley and anti ????? Collingwood bias you will do anything to put the blame back onto the coach and the players so as to cast them in the worst possible position. As a tool you put down Mooretreloar by suggesting that only riff raff would blame the umpires.

As stated above there were many factors that contributed to the loss but the umpires certainly played a major role in our loss as they applied two sets of rules, gifted Melbourne numerous goals, stole our momentum by giving frees against us at crucial times and corrupted the who game by eventually dictating the result.

If only riff raff hold a similar viewpoint then you will have to include the vast majority of TRUE Collingwood supporters in this list. Obviously you are not part of this group and you contribution to this forum should be assessed accordingly.

The booing at the end of the game directed at the umpires was the loudest I have heard for many years. When considering the majority of the crowd was Melbourne and there were only 70k at the game it is obvious that the 20-30k of Collingwood riff raff supporters shared my viewpoint.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 am

It's very easy to blame the umpires - Collingwood lost the game yesterday by coughing up the ball repeatedly. Melbourne is a soft, outside team - if we were any good (as an overall team), the umpiring would not have mattered.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 am

[quote="john b"]Not read any other post but.... ( I'm a bit drunk)

The weeks rest for Melbourne and us back from Perth was the difference.

Well done to both teams, great game.

As for us... keep throwing the same punches as in the last month. The style of footy is much better and we are actually a realistically good team capable of anything.[/quote

Crap, an 8 day break is plenty to get over a Perth trip.]

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

What a frustrating game to watch.

Early on it was great to see the Pies kicking straight. Sidebottom kicking set shots. Amazing.

Although at half time and a 23 point lead, I knew we had to be wary of Melbourne who had performed better than the Pies in their 3rd quarters this year.

That 3rd quarter was an abomination. Somehow Melbourne kick 6 goals to 2 and were unlucky not to be about 2-3 goals in front. Howe was amazing keeping us in the game.

But overall so many frustrating things to watch:

- Josh Smith gave the opposition 3 goals from turnovers.
- Maynard poor foot skills hurt us when the game was on the line.
- De Goey and Adams decision making hurt us in key moments of the game
- And kicking backwards crept back into our game (often putting us in worse field position with a turnover). I was hoping for the crowd to boo again and force this team to go forward.

In the end another 2 frustrating hours supporting the Pies.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 am

DT wrote:
Elliott we covered but Goldsack was the one who cost us. He would have blanketed Watts who really lifted and out ran Scharenberg in the second half. It was a great lesson for Scharenberg about what level of fitness is needed to compete at the top level.

Overall it is clear that the Pies finally have a clear idea about how to play good footy. It was some kicking errors from Adams and Sidebottom and poor play from Smith that cost the Pies yesterday but that is all fixable.

I think that there is a lot more confidence in the side now and with the return of Reid and Varcoe that we will be a good chance to redress the flogging we received at the hands of Port last year. If we can beat them then we remain a reasonable chance to win 12 despite a tough run in.

Yep some good points here, We also have just got to stop the sloppy handballs out of defence when they are not on. We had them on the ropes and then dropped our heads in the third. Levi was good up forward but i thought we needed his menace in the middle and Pendlebury should have taken on his role forward to get more into the game. the sc#mpires were terrible. We also got to rove better for Grundy. On a positive Brown was good and Phillips kept cracking in and Fasolo really stood up. Still spewing though should have won this.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 am

Free Kick - Melbourne

19149352_1727838737230740_1288892267406442857_n.jpg

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Simple as that.
This must be a record.

We lost the game in the third quarter. No doubt that if we had held our own in the third quarter we should have been able to defend the lead in the fourth.

Our ball use and decision making at times was atrocious and at times we allowed Melbourne to hold the ball in out back 50 for far too long until they scored.

Thompsoc, you promote yourself as being a person with a good insight into football. To serve you agenda of anti Buckley and anti ????? Collingwood bias you will do anything to put the blame back onto the coach and the players so as to cast them in the worst possible position. As a tool you put down Mooretreloar by suggesting that only riff raff would blame the umpires.

As stated above there were many factors that contributed to the loss but the umpires certainly played a major role in our loss as they applied two sets of rules, gifted Melbourne numerous goals, stole our momentum by giving frees against us at crucial times and corrupted the who game by eventually dictating the result.

If only riff raff hold a similar viewpoint then you will have to include the vast majority of TRUE Collingwood supporters in this list. Obviously you are not part of this group and you contribution to this forum should be assessed accordingly.

The booing at the end of the game directed at the umpires was the loudest I have heard for many years. When considering the majority of the crowd was Melbourne and there were only 70k at the game it is obvious that the 20-30k of Collingwood riff raff supporters shared my viewpoint.

Well said.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

I just wish someone at the club would cop the fine and give the umpires yesterday a tongue lashing.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:56 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I just wish someone at the club would cop the fine and give the umpires yesterday a tongue lashing.

It's Buckley's fault. Rolling Eyes
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm

35forever wrote:
Wow, we lost the close one again, by Four points, but that ain't the four points that matter,. The four points we DIDN’T get mean that we failed the test, and yet another season has been pissed away by Eddie and his mate who don't give a RAT'S ARSE about the club.
That was the most important match of the last few seasons for us, well at least since we lost the close ones to Freo & Hawthorn after the bye in '15. It drops us back to our standard 11th spot. Certainly our correct spot under Suckley.

We have proven without doubt that we can't beat middle sides. We've now lost to Melb, StK, Ess, & Carl, 4 sides we are easily better than. Anyone who believes that Melbourne were the better side today simply has no idea about footy. After the bye we could be 14th, by far the best side which has been that far down since there was an 8. We should have easily won 5 of the games we lost. But we are mentally weak. That IS the biggest reason we are 11th. We can play as two completely different sides. One of them, the good one, can beat any team any day, even with the injuries we always have, and even with the 1 or 2 goal advantage handed to our opposition by the umpiring every single week. The other Collingwood could go down to the Noble Park under 16s with a full list and Gubby Alan umpiring.

Anyone who saw the first quarter and especially the second, would guess we were in the top 4 if they didn't know better. If they saw the third, they would wonder how we snuck into this league. To play the way we did in the third, after one of the best quarters we've played this year - up there with our first against Sydney, and topped by possibly the mark of the century thus far - is truly beyond belief, at least beyond the understanding of the many sh*theads who don't understand how huge the mental side of the game is.

Melbourne, who weren't nearly the better side, have leapt to SIXTH on the ladder. Essendon leapfrogged us to be 7th.
Look at the bottom 5 of the 8. Richmond, Port, Melbourne, Essendon, and the Dogs. All teams who've passed us by in the last couple of years. Sides we were belting a short while back. Above us are West Coast & Freo, sides we beat last time we met.

Thanks to McLiar we will miss the biggest games of the year. We might sneak into 7th or 8th. A win today would've put us 6th, A game out of the 4, 3 games from top spot, after being 17th a few weeks back. If ever there was a year a team with a big disadvantage (like the one who sits in our coaches box) could win the chockies this was it.
Only 5 games sit between 1st & 17th. but we proved today that we are brittle, and if we are having a bad quarter it ain't gonna change halfway through. Get 3 goals in a row against us and we'll panic, even if we're 40 up.

We could finish 16th this year, and we could finish 7th.
But today cost us anything better and should end Buckley's career. Easily the stupidest, most incompetent, most humiliating, and most self-inflicted period of our 125 years. The biggest problem we have now is that we could win as many, or maybe 1 game more than last year & finish 8th, giving Ed an excuse to keep Buckley on.

Who is to blame?
Every Magpie 'fan' who couldn’t see that 2011-12 was the stupidest thing ever done in the history of the game, and therefore didn't protest it. As well as every idiot who couldn’t see after 2013 that we had an absolute dud at the helm. If we never got Suckley we'd be doing better, if we dumped him after 2013 we'd be better off. If we did it after the first Carlton game last year we'd be further ahead now. If it happened after Anzac we'd be in the 8.

If we were sensible we'd win no more games and get a top two draft pick.

But no, we'll finish between 7th & 12th, get no benefit from the season, and no top player. Hawthorn won three flags of the last 4, and this year they'll get a gun payer in the draft.
We just watch like slack-jawed morons.

I will always Love Collingwood Footy Club, but Collingwood supporters are REALLY starting to pi$s me off!

Ah - the usual ill-informed diatibe, and bombastically ignorant vehemence.
Just for your edification I offer the following;

Re mental toughness - youth is the issue. We fielded the 3rd youngest side this week behind BNE and GCS.
Even Carlton were older.

Haw have traded away their picks for Mitchell and O'Meara so will not benefit from a low ladder positions as you are suggesting.

Age caught up with BJ, Didak, Jolly, Ball, Krakouer, Leon, Tazz etc etc so Bucks was right to turnover the list.
Unless of course, in your perverted view of reality, you actually believe Bucks had the Elixir of Youth and chose not to give it to these players.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Simple as that.
This must be a record.

Thompsoc is a w&$?er, talks crap nearly as much as Dave
But well said anyway plenty of good points.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Players did not Respond to him after Half Time

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 pm

DT wrote:
Elliott we covered but Goldsack was the one who cost us. He would have blanketed Watts who really lifted and out ran Scharenberg in the second half.

I'd have had Goldsack on Petracca - he was the danger man, from what I could tell from the broadcast on ABC.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Players did not Respond to him after Half Time

That's an over simplification of the situation Dave. Melbourne lifted in the third quarter. The players didn't respond to Melbourne's pressure. That's a combination of youth and lack of skillset and confidence when the chips are down, not failure of the message getting through from the coach. The team could have folded in the last quarter but our guys fought back and could have pinched it but for a few dubious umpiring decisions that went against us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19   

Jump to: