Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 am
Post subject: Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments pleaseReply with quote

Sunday. 3:20pm AEST.

Collingwood v. Hawthorn.

Milestone - Scott Pendlebury (250 games).

Over to you...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm
Post subject: Changes vs HawksReply with quote

Out: Langdon Crocker Brown

In:Scharanberg Cox Mayne

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Langdon stays for mine.

I would drop Crocker and brown. I would never play Cox in a game of AFL footy again.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Time to axe that lazy list clogger playing his 250th next week... Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:06 pm

E wrote:
I would never play Cox in a game of AFL footy again.

Not even after a 24 Touches 15 Marks and 6 Goal Game?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Against the third ranked side in the VFL too mind you, I reckon its time to give the Yank another run, I'd also consider bringing either Mayne or White in

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Time to roll the dice and see if Cox and Mayne can deliver at senior level. Time also (as it was 3 weeks ago) to let the Kirbinator off the leash. I would resist bringing back Scharenberg, as he is simply too slow and not tough enough for senior footy. Hopefully, as he regains confidence in his body, he'll become a decent footballer for us, but right now, he just aint got what we need imo. What we need are desperate, hungry and physically imposing players. We need to bring in some muscle.

Out: Crocker, Brown, Aish, Langdon, Broomhead

In: Cox, Mayne, Kirby, Ramsay, Wills.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 pm

^^^Rude I think your looking at it all wrong mate.
There's no point in having a team full of mongrel and grunt it just won't win footy games.
You need a combination of players with a mixture of assets.
Maynard Dunn & Goldie are all hard at it in the back line along with Adams when he pinch hits down back. Reid Howe play intercept markers and rebounders. Reid and Scharenberg are elite readers of the play hence they don't have the need to be overly quick across the ground because they see the play developing in front of them. Scharenberg is a very good intercept mark as well but his usage of the ball by hand or foot is so far superior to most of our team it borders on not being fair.
His career eff rate is over 85% mate I would doubt we have another player on that zone. Admittedly he's only 7 games in to his career.
He was a very highly rated junior and tipped to go top 3 in his draft year until he had foot issues and fell to us at 6 which many experts said was a steal.
He isn't going to improve his game playing on ordinary players in th VFL he needs time in the AFL to get used to the speed of the game.

For me selection this week depends on who else might be back from injury
There is talk already both Varcoe and Elliott will be tested to play this week.
If so then we are starting to get our best 22 back on the park.

If there ready to go the there will be 3 possibly 4 changes
Out. Langdon to far off AFL standard right now
Out. Brown needs a couple weeks to freshen up in the seconds
Out. Crocker hasn't done enough to warrant a spot any longer
Out. Maybe Faz depending on his personal situation but would prefer him to play.
In. Elliott
In. Varcoe
In. Scharenberg
In. Cox (1 last try as the Hawks defence isn't tall and has been hurt by talls if Faz gets a rest for personal reasons)
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 pm

IN this utterly weird and biased fixture, we front up to the piss and poo within only a few weeks of playing them, how strange. We cop both GF finalists in the first three rounds, now this, and rohan connally said the other day, we have one of the hardest runs home of any team in the fixture. Yet, we did not even make the finals, the cats however, have a cream cake draw, by comparison. !

But, to the matter in hand, this is, I guess, Bucks last stand, against these old bastards, whom the dumbarse crows managed to play back into form. Changes must be made, duuno the outs, but id bring in Kirby, Cox, and Mayne, and Schrenberg. Is varcoe available yet, by jeez, we miss his run and carry too. We MAY win this, it just depends which Magpies team turns up, the dour and dull one, like yesterday, or the daring one. One can only hope its the latter one.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

We're due

I'm there

We'll win Cool

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 pm

^^ Rapt I would be if you are correct mate, but, I dunno, I just don't know at this stage.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I think we need to be thinking of next year and beyond because we won't be competing in finals this season and we'll be looking for a new coach next season. We need tall forwards in attack, a back up ruckman (not Moore) and some extra pace off the back line.

Crisp and Greenwood despite their work ethic are too slow and should go together with Blair at the end of the season. Buckley is too nice a guy to drop them, but the reality is that AFL footy is a ruthless competition where only the strongest and least sentimental survive.

I saw enough of Langdon on the weekend to think he should survive. Phillips and Broomhead are fringe 22 players in my mind who may or may not be good enough to survive the cut under a new coach. For now I would give Broomhead and Phillips a turn in the VFL.

So I would drop Greenwood, Crisp, Broomhead and Phillips.
Bring in Cox, Mayne, Ramsay and Scharenberg.

If Varcoe is available he reluctantly replaces Aish.

Of course none of this will happen which is the reason Buckley is so close to losing his job.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 pm

I don't understand this obsession some people have with Scharenberg. Sure, he was a brilliant u18 player, but since arriving at Collingwood in a wheel chair having operations on his feet, then having not one but two knee reconstructions, the poor kid has virtually no lateral movement and couldn't run out of sight in a fortnight. His lack of pace and physicality was exposed for all to see against the Dees, which led to his dropping from the side. Sure, he plays well in the VFL, but that's because there the game is played in slow motion. I really hope the kid makes it, but honestly he is not up to it atm, so please, folks stop trying to pump him up.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't understand this obsession some people have with Scharenberg. Sure, he was a brilliant u18 player, but since arriving at Collingwood in a wheel chair having operations on his feet, then having not one but two knee reconstructions, the poor kid has virtually no lateral movement and couldn't run out of sight in a fortnight. His lack of pace and physicality was exposed for all to see against the Dees, which led to his dropping from the side. Sure, he plays well in the VFL, but that's because there the game is played in slow motion. I really hope the kid makes it, but honestly he is not up to it atm, so please, folks stop trying to pump him up.

Then let's De-List then IF he is so Shit

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

You forget he's been two years out of the game and needs time to adjust to the pace of AFL footy. He won't get that playing VFL footy. Sometimes as a coach you need to project in your mind a player's potential assets towards the success of the team and go with your hunches even though short term it could hinder the team's success. Same with Callum Brown. If players like Brown and Scharenberg are seen as best 22 players you just need to play them until they come good. You may be wrong about them but you don't die wondering. That's what makes a great coach.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13   

Jump to: