Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Some funny changes. I had 3 of the 4 outs but didn't see Reid as one. As for the ins, I suggested Blair only as a wind up but didn't see Thomas getting picked ahead of Mayne.

You gotta wonder if Mayne will get another opportunity to play senior football again this year.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Reid is certainly one of the best defenders in the league, however this year he has been one of the of the biggest culprits of the "crab" culture. He has hardly sent a damaging kick forward.

Don't be fooled we will win this one - it may not be by much but we will prevail
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 pm

As with the first time we played them this season, our depth in the midfield will be the deciding factor. In 2017, Hawthorn has only been competitive with sides that have poor midfields, which includes Adelaide, as this is the area where they are extremely deficient.

Tom Mitchell is the only class midfielder that they have and his 50 possession game last time was not even enough to get them the win.

Ben Stratton is their best defender, so he is a big in for them, but he hasn't played for a couple of months, so is likely to be underdone and struggle in the second half. Their backline is very brittle and can be scored against heavily and quickly.

Hopefully, we don't give them a 6 goal head start this time, as this is about the only way they could beat us.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Ben Reid out is a bit of a mystery, I actually thought he was one of our better players last week, but hell, what would I know. hmmmmm.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:47 pm

I am really happy that Josh thomas has been selected. I've always liked him in our midfield, and think he can add to our midfield pressure. The omission of Ben Reid caught me completely off guard, as it has almost everyone. Buckley made it clear in an official proclamation that Reid was dropped on the criterion of form, and nothing else. I find that weird, given that last week was Ben's first game back after 5 weeks ( I think) out. Why would he be dropped on the basis of one mediocre performance on return? I don't really believe that "form" was the major criterion... I think that it has been judged that he needs a bit more time to recover fitness, and the official explanation is for public consumption to avoid criticism for playing Ben prematurely last week.
I really like our inclusions: Cox must be given his chance, and with Fasolo and Elliott both in the forward line, he has the best possible conditions for having an impact by a) syphoning defensive resources away from Darcy Moore and b) presenting a legitimate tall marking target forward, and either bringing the ball to ground or clunking it. I hope his time has come to clunk it.
Overall, I am happy with our team. The absence of both Puopolo and Rioli for Hawthorn is in our favour as well.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:49 pm

inxs88 wrote:
ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
He's playing in the VFL. Power tripper Nathan, just do as a favour now and walk away. Know one likes you. 4 players have your back, know one else

The irony of your moniker name and the post you put up sum up your class, character and quality as a supposed Collingwood die hard.

If this keyboard warrior still sports that moniker, of a man he clearly loathes, just shows he has no class at all. None, zilch. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:51 am

I sort of have it in for Langdon, he screws up far too often in the backline & too close to goals. He's a way bit too selfish and/or his perception of his abilities far exceeds them.

Having said that I think he needs to do the team thing on Sunday: Take Hodge out of the game by channeling Hooker Harrison of the 1958 premiership team. Of course I would not condone violence for one minute but that sniper needs to be temporarily and in the nicest possible way be given a taste of his own medicine.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:05 am

The Future Captain wouldn't do such a thing.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:48 am

Will still win, but I disapprove of bringing back an AA defender after a month of being injured and then dropping him after a week in the interests of team balance or lack of form. This reminds me of playing Keeffe as a forward in the Port Adelaide elimination final. You build players up and then let them settle down to prove their worthiness in the team. All good coaches do this. You don't chop and change players around according to your latest theory of how the opposition plays. Sorry Nathan but you have lost me here. You need to trust you instincts from having played the game and understanding the phscology of human behaviour.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:13 am

Good changes. Pies by plenty.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Looks like we've gone from one real forward target in Moore to having 3 - Moore, Cox and Elliot. Should mean we move it far more quickly and directly
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:25 pm

I like the changes, including Reid's omission, as Dunn and Goldy are much more physical and mobile. Pies by heaps.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Gees about the first game I'm getting really excited for this year bizarre that's it's against hawthorn! I hope your right rudey I've ordered an extra 10 dozen dimmies!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:35 pm

think positive wrote:
Gees about the first game I'm getting really excited for this year bizarre that's it's against hawthorn! I hope your right rudey I've ordered an extra 10 dozen dimmies!

That's 9 dozen for me and 1 for you. Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I like the changes, including Reid's omission, as Dunn and Goldy are much more physical and mobile. Pies by heaps.

+1. I like the "gentleman outfitters" that Collingwood acquired from Melbourne: "Dunn and Howe" late of Collins Street.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: