Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Dropping Reid won't do any good for his trade value.
Looking like a trade value in the range of Cloke and Marley.
A decent draft pick.....tell them they're dreaming!

Dont go knocking sense into me now.

BUCKSTOPSHERE 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:15 pm
Post subject: Taylor Adams Hamstring TweakReply with quote

Adams maybe a late withdrawal after tweaking Hammy
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:23 pm

He must have kicked a ball straight.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm

What are you talking about Shaw's a beautiful kick... oh....
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Don't think we will get near em, but hope i'm wrong.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:04 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
A number of posters have made the observation in the last week or so that Reid is finished.

I am not prepared to go that far yet, but there were some disturbing signs last week. He is extremely slow and on numerous occasions he trailed Dixon to the ball by big margins. A lot of posters don't or won't recognise the trend in the modern games of playing medium sized mobile players as key position players and Reid currently is not very mobile.

These traits were evident before Reid was injured a month or so ago. So, for mine, it is one of two things, either the horrendous injuries that he has encountered in his career have caught up with him or his injuries have not allowed him to get fit enough for the intensity of AFL football.

For now I am going to with the benefit of the doubt that he is just not fit enough and after a couple in the 2's, he will back in the 1's and back to somewhere near his best.

You know it was Gray who cut us up, not Dixon and if you want to claim that tall KPP's are being phased out of the game you shouldn't be claiming that Dixon cut us up because Dixon is a tall KPP, so there goes your theory.

Since you have played so much footy yourself you would have noticed Crisp playing off the half back line and it was the Port Adelaide smalls who were cutting us up and it was Crisp's job to cut off the supply. But let's not blame Crisp who keeps his job another another week. Let's blame our AA tall defender coming back from injury for the loss, because he's the one who got dropped. I wonder which scapegoat will be dropped from the side next week if we lose to Hawthorn?

Where did I post Dixon cut us up? All I said is Reid trailed him by big margins, no more, no less.

Well, I'm watching the Richmond game now where Dixon and Trengove are carving up Alex Rance who's supposed to be the best FB in the AFL. Down the other end of the ground Westoff is giving Riewoldt a bath. And in the other AFL game on tonight GWS is fielding Cameron, Patton and Robb and Geelong is playing Hawkins in their forward line. So who apart from Buckley is initiating this trend of playing medium sized mobile players as KPP's? Not that it matters much because it's not working out too well for us at the moment.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Interesting explanation. What makes you think I have played so much footy yourself you would noticed Crisp playing off the half back line and it was the Port Adelaide smalls who were cutting us up and it was Crisp's job to cut off the supply?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:58 pm

WELL, I Just dunno folks, this is truly our line in the trench game, now or never. Just what Pies team will turn up, the lethargic one from last week, or the utterly determined one that beat the cats and dockers. Last week we were flat as tacks, so I expect a huge lift in intensity from us. Thank god Elliott is back, and cox in, cox will scare the small piss and poo backs, feed it off to fas and Elliott, hopefully. and thankfully ravioli and pupolo are out, they usually give us hell. so that's a real bonus. Look, if we want to do the right thing by Pendles on his big day, and if we turn up with a far more determined attitude form last week, we can do this one, we can win, if we really want too it badly enough. That's my take, so, its Woods for me, by 14 points, after a close and dour struggle, we can do it. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:23 pm

They need to get up for Pendle's 250th no matter what!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 am

mooretreloar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
A number of posters have made the observation in the last week or so that Reid is finished.

I am not prepared to go that far yet, but there were some disturbing signs last week. He is extremely slow and on numerous occasions he trailed Dixon to the ball by big margins. A lot of posters don't or won't recognise the trend in the modern games of playing medium sized mobile players as key position players and Reid currently is not very mobile.

These traits were evident before Reid was injured a month or so ago. So, for mine, it is one of two things, either the horrendous injuries that he has encountered in his career have caught up with him or his injuries have not allowed him to get fit enough for the intensity of AFL football.

For now I am going to with the benefit of the doubt that he is just not fit enough and after a couple in the 2's, he will back in the 1's and back to somewhere near his best.

You know it was Gray who cut us up, not Dixon and if you want to claim that tall KPP's are being phased out of the game you shouldn't be claiming that Dixon cut us up because Dixon is a tall KPP, so there goes your theory.

Since you have played so much footy yourself you would have noticed Crisp playing off the half back line and it was the Port Adelaide smalls who were cutting us up and it was Crisp's job to cut off the supply. But let's not blame Crisp who keeps his job another another week. Let's blame our AA tall defender coming back from injury for the loss, because he's the one who got dropped. I wonder which scapegoat will be dropped from the side next week if we lose to Hawthorn?

Where did I post Dixon cut us up? All I said is Reid trailed him by big margins, no more, no less.

Well, I'm watching the Richmond game now where Dixon and Trengove are carving up Alex Rance who's supposed to be the best FB in the AFL. Down the other end of the ground Westoff is giving Riewoldt a bath. And in the other AFL game on tonight GWS is fielding Cameron, Patton and Robb and Geelong is playing Hawkins in their forward line. So who apart from Buckley is initiating this trend of playing medium sized mobile players as KPP's? Not that it matters much because it's not working out too well for us at the moment.

Richmond are in the top four playing Riewoldt, who is really half forward flank size as their key forward and the rest of their forwards are midgets.

GWS are the only side that have played 3 key position forwards this season and tonight is the first time they have done it for weeks. It could also be argued that the way Cameron plays he is not really an old school key position player anyhow.

Most sides are playing with one or two "talls" and the rest are smalls.

We decided to go with Moore and smalls and for five weeks it worked very very well, 3 wins and a 3 and 4 point loss. It didn't work so well last week, so we are trying an additional tall in Cox this week.

In modern football, the forward structure is basically irrelevant. The most important factors in scoring in modern football are the execution of the last kick inside 50 and making the correct decision with respect to the target that is chosen. If a team does this well they will kick a winning score and these two areas are where Collingwood needs to improve to move up the ladder.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:28 am

thompsoc wrote:
He must have kicked a ball straight.
Laughing Laughing

Easy. He kicked pretty well last week.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 am

"In modern football, the forward structure is basically irrelevant. The most important factors in scoring in modern football are the execution of the last kick inside 50 and making the correct decision with respect to the target that is chosen. If a team does this well they will kick a winning score and these two areas are where Collingwood needs to improve to move up the ladder."
This is fantastic analysis. It makes so much sense to me suddenly. I have been trying to analyse this conundrum for a long time: do we need talls or not? Sometimes a small forward line seems effective, other times not. Watching the PA vs Richmond game today, the truth of what Mooretreloare has written here becomes both obvious and enlightening. PA's forward line was dysfunctional, even though they had several talls plus Wingard and Gray. They simply made mistake after mistake in their execution of that last kick into F50 and also in deciding who the target should be. The game now is all about mobility and team cohesion through rapid, accurate decision making. Thanks MT, this really now makes so much sense to me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: