Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations to Josh Thomas (on his elevation)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I really feel sorry for him. It's not fair what happened to him and Keeffe. Congratulations on his promotion.

Congrats indeed,

And your right of course, it's never fair the outcome when you take illegal drugs and get caught!

Except, they were not penalised for taking illegal drugs. No charges were ever laid for taking cocaine. Keeffe and Thomas were banned for 2 years for consuming a quantity of a perfectly legal substance which was apparently laced in with the cocaine. Unfortunately this substance, despite being perfectly legal, is banned for use by athletes by the governing sports authorities. So let's be clear - they were not punished for taking illegal drugs.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:41 pm

^

And that's the ridiculous thing, isn't it.

They knowingly took coke. If they had been caught, they would have got 1 strike and a stern talking to. Pretty much end of it.

They unknowingly took something on the WADA banned list and copped a ban.

So they got penalised for something they didn't mean to do.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes they took an early guilty plea and got 2 years.

Essenscum bucked the system, went the not guilty plea, got convicted of planning it and carrying it out deliberately yet only got 12 months.

That's wrong. Essenscum should have got far more than 12 months or JT and LK should have got far less a penalty/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 pm

I know it's a discussion forum but can we focus on what he's achieved?

Now selected in the first 22

Well done Josh

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 pm

^

he's achieved being selected.

I'll wait til he achieves something on the field before i laud him.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:23 am

Time for him to pay back the faith shown in him.

Get in Hodge's face and throw him off his game again

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
I really feel sorry for him. It's not fair what happened to him and Keeffe. Congratulations on his promotion.

Congrats indeed,

And your right of course, it's never fair the outcome when you take illegal drugs and get caught!

Except, they were not penalised for taking illegal drugs. No charges were ever laid for taking cocaine. Keeffe and Thomas were banned for 2 years for consuming a quantity of a perfectly legal substance which was apparently laced in with the cocaine. Unfortunately this substance, despite being perfectly legal, is banned for use by athletes by the governing sports authorities. So let's be clear - they were not punished for taking illegal drugs.

Fair enough but my point rather clumsily put was if they hadn't taken an illegal substance they wouldn't have lost two valuable years.

Really hope he kicks butt tomorrow. What's the go with keeefe?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 pm

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Congrats indeed,

Fair enough but my point rather clumsily put was if they hadn't taken an illegal substance they wouldn't have lost two valuable years.

Really hope he kicks butt tomorrow. What's the go with keeefe?

Seems Keeffe is beginning to show a bit of form in the VFL, so I guess he'd be next in line after Cox for that KF/ruck position.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Congrats indeed,

They took recreational drugs that had been cut with clenbuterol, a banned performance enhancing substance. At least that's what they claim, there's no reason to take that at face value, it's entirely possible that they were taking it deliberately.

(Clenbuterol) causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, blood pressure, and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which body fat is metabolized while increasing the body's basal metabolic rate (from Wikipedia)

Sounds like a very suitable drug for prohibition and there is a long list of athletes that have been banned for using it. Given their story I reckon they were lucky not to get a recreational strike as well.

Given what's been invested in these two, I think the club should be expecting and demanding great performance from them.

They're both bloody lucky to be on any AFL list and they owe the club big time. In fact, I'm still not sure how I feel about the club keeping them on the list at all.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Redlight wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Congrats indeed,

They took recreational drugs that had been cut with clenbuterol, a banned performance enhancing substance. At least that's what they claim, there's no reason to take that at face value, it's entirely possible that they were taking it deliberately.

(Clenbuterol) causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, blood pressure, and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which body fat is metabolized while increasing the body's basal metabolic rate (from Wikipedia)

Sounds like a very suitable drug for prohibition and there is a long list of athletes that have been banned for using it. Given their story I reckon they were lucky not to get a recreational strike as well.

Given what's been invested in these two, I think the club should be expecting and demanding great performance from them.

They're both bloody lucky to be on any AFL list and they owe the club big time. In fact, I'm still not sure how I feel about the club keeping them on the list at all.

For christ sake it is a game of football not an interview for the job of pope.
Lets sack every person who ever took drugs from their jobs.
And if that happened I guarantee the economy would grind to a halt.
Lets get off the high horse!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Congrats indeed,

Exactly right.

FFS they don't owe anybody anything: They've done their time, they've worked hard and kept their noses clean.

Today / tomorrow is a new chapter.

This thread is about congratulating Josh Thomas. Congratulations JT.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:10 am

Yep, Congratulations JT.
Wonderful effort to wade thru all of the barriers.
Must have been absolutely difficult to negotiate for such a long period of time.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 am

Congratulations to Josh on his long-awaited return. I was disappointed with him and Keeffe but they've served their punishments and I hope they can repay the club for the faith they've placed on them.

I must admit I haven't had high expectations of him in regards to this year, but I'd love to see him prove me wrong and really cement a potential spot in the senior side for the second half of the year.

It will be interesting to see how he adapts to senior football nearly three years on.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:15 am

thompsoc wrote:

So the Essendon boys are martyrs? James Hird was hard done by?

You'd probably tousle Lance Armstrong's hair and put him back on a bike.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:55 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

So the Essendon boys are martyrs? James Hird was hard done by?

You'd probably tousle Lance Armstrong's hair and put him back on a bike.

Well Redlight
As you now I love tangling with you.
It often makes my day.
So Redlight I had to look up the meaning of tousle.
So I googled tousle.
And what did I find?
The definition of tousle and an example of its use.
And this is what it said for the example..
Nathan's tousle head appeared at the hatchway.
And I thought that was apt for our condition.
So thankyou Redlight, you have educated me a little and provided me with another little arrow to fire at my main target...Mr Bux.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: