Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see Daniel Wells' record at the club:

With Wells = 5-2
Without Wells = 1-8

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:03 am

Jezza wrote:
Nice to experience that winning feeling again.

It was no doubt an ugly spectacle, but we were the better team at the start and at the end as opposed to the Suns who dominated the second and third quarters where the wet conditions set in and we didn't cope with it initially. Luckily for us, the injuries of May and Lyons benefited us greatly.

Positive games from various players which included Sidebottom, Adams, De Goey, Treloar, Scharenberg and Goldsack. There's a lot of work to be done, and I don't think anyone's views of the club would have been altered by this game alone, but it's nice to experience a victory after a 4 match losing streak.

This wasn't an issue on Nicks, but I thought it was disgraceful to see so-called Collingwood supporters on BigFooty openly barracking for the Suns to win today. It's one thing to be critical of various facets of the club, which is fine and perfectly reasonable as I've been critical as much as the next supporter, but to openly

advocate for a loss is nothing short of disgraceful.

Looking forward to hopefully a more peaceful week ahead without the media ambulance chasing us for a story.

Bigfooty is fullof dickheads, And the biggest dickheads are pies so called fans.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 am

Well I'm glad I went to the game always great to see my beloved team play and a added bonus when we actually win.
The game was funny really. Was like a home game for us as there was probably 10-1 pies fans v Suns fans
The first quarter we set the game up and played it on our terms. Then the rain came which is like our kypronite we just seem to not be able to play wet weather football.
We managed to toss away a 27 point lead and a few times looked like we had little idea of how to score then all of a sudden we clicked
Seeing us live for the first time this year highlighted a few things.
We are such a better side with Wells and Varcoe running
Our forward line whilst not tall does have some different types and can function ok with decent service
Our backline looked OK for the most part but we struggled when they started using there talls properly. We got caught out a few times switching opponents.
I watched our set up from stoppages closely and we are a much better team when JDG is on the ball. He just seems to have that little bit of extra time and skill to pick the right option.
In the backline they tried taking Howe away from the contest so he couldn't spoil thee talls.
Scharenberg had 7-8 intercept marks he reads the play beautifully and when he has it in hand you feel confident he will hit the right target. Trust me folks he's a rolls Royce just needs to be run in a bit more.
Crisp is quicker than I thought and does some ok stuff.
Maynard is a bull but needs to temper his 100% agreesion first approach. He would be better served at times to play it a bit safer
My opinion on Langdon hasn't changed he's a ball watcher and got caught a few times again he just seems to be a deer in the head lights quite often. He shirked a couple contests by not going in hard or committing 100% but he did take a couple of good marks. He's still IMO a long way off being a certain starter each week.
From my vantage point Treloar and Pendles both seem hampered in running. Treloar couldn't break the lines like he was once able to and Pendles got caught out a few times. If they are both busted bad send them out now and have them right for 2018.
Sidey was interesting as he did his normal 4-6 brilliant things coupled with some horrendous brain farts. He just doesn't seem to pick the right option mor often than not. At one stage he got the ball in the clear in the centre and had time to pick his option and went to Trelaor who had 2 opponents within 3m and it was turned over. 15m further up field was Faz by himself inside 50
That goal but in the square when he had 4 Suns against him was amazing his ability to make something from nothing is the reason he should spend way more time forward than in the midfield
Elliott has a great work rate as does Faz.
Moore looks ungainly at times and needs a load of teaching on running patterns but you can't knock he's effort or courage.
Grundy and Witts battled hard all day and probably shared the honours or Witts marginally winning. On Witts he has improved immensely this year from last.
Overall we won and that's the best thing I'll take a win every day of the week.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 am

Great to have a win, one feels a damn sight better the next morning at least.

I just don't see it with Langdon, I don't think he is any good, he has played the same game 4 weeks running, and he is not varsity material.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 am

Jezza wrote:

It was no doubt an ugly spectacle, but we were the better team at the start and at the end as opposed to the Suns who dominated the second and third quarters where the wet conditions set in and we didn't cope with it initially. Luckily for us, the injuries of May and Lyons benefited us greatly.

Positive games from various players which included Sidebottom, Adams, De Goey, Treloar, Scharenberg and Goldsack. There's a lot of work to be done, and I don't think anyone's views of the club would have been altered by this game alone, but it's nice to experience a victory after a 4 match losing streak.

This wasn't an issue on Nicks, but I thought it was disgraceful to see so-called Collingwood supporters on BigFooty openly barracking for the Suns to win today. It's one thing to be critical of various facets of the club, which is fine and perfectly reasonable as I've been critical as much as the next supporter, but to openly advocate for a loss is nothing short of disgraceful.

Looking forward to hopefully a more peaceful week ahead without the media ambulance chasing us for a story.

I find it distasteful as well because there is no purpose to it. Each loss is a drop in confidence and developing a losing mentality. We need to keep winning for the future of the club. There are 3-4 outstanding mids in this year's draft. Finishing 14th or 15th instead of 16th or 17th should make no difference to us securing the best KPP in the draft. What we shouldn't be doing is thinking we are better than we are because we beat a bottom 4 side.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 am

Good to get the win and I want to comment on Maynard --the much maligned disposals by him

I will take that banana kick on the run any old day for a goalllllllllll

Have said before if they could play him as an attacking player his pack bursting straight ahead style would be more advantage

ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am

Jezza wrote:

With Wells = 5-2
Without Wells = 1-8

Ah - that would be that experience thing that many of our players are still in the process of gaining.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This wasn't an issue on Nicks, but I thought it was disgraceful to see so-called Collingwood supporters on BigFooty openly barracking for the Suns to win today. It's one thing to be critical of various facets of the club, which is fine and perfectly reasonable as I've been critical as much as the next supporter, but to openly advocate for a loss is nothing short of disgraceful.

I find it distasteful as well because there is no purpose to it. Each loss is a drop in confidence and developing a losing mentality. We need to keep winning for the future of the club. There are 3-4 outstanding mids in this year's draft. Finishing 14th or 15th instead of 16th or 17th should make no difference to us securing the best KPP in the draft. What we shouldn't be doing is thinking we are better than we are because we beat a bottom 4 side.

The concern when we win is that we may just be stupid enough to reappoint Buckley and condemn us to another year (or 2) of mediocrity. Of course we want to win but having Buckley next year is the doomsday scenario so I would rather we lose now in order to increase our chances of winning next year
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

^ And destroy any confidence our players have by losing all remaining games, ensure we have a losing culture going into next season,withor without Bucks ??. If I ever, ever, ever hoped wed lose games, id give up footy and stop barracking for the PIes, give it away, that's the pits. Oh yeah, tanking worked real well for the bluescum eh, got Judd and those early picks, destroyed the morale of the whole team, and got them two, count them, two wooden spoons and NO flag. ! They are only now coming out of that debacle now, of wanting to lose games. We finish where we deserve to finish, but to actually want us to lose, is bloody disgusting, pathetic and id give up the :PIes if I ever wanted that. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 am

Piesnchess wrote:
^ And destroy any confidence our players have by losing all remaining games, ensure we have a losing culture going into next season,withor without Bucks ??. If I ever, ever, ever hoped wed lose games, id give up footy and stop barracking for the PIes, give it away, that's the pits. Oh yeah, tanking worked real well for the bluescum eh, got Judd and those early picks, destroyed the morale of the whole team, and got them two, count them, two wooden spoons and NO flag. ! They are only now coming out of that debacle now, of wanting to lose games. We finish where we deserve to finish, but to actually want us to lose, is bloody disgusting, pathetic and id give up the :PIes if I ever wanted that. !!

Ditto- hear hear.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 am

Agree it's very sad. Social club member for more than 25 years and attend almost all games including interstate. Yet Buckley has me so demoralised I've stopped attending.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 am

ROB wrote:
Jezza wrote:

With Wells = 5-2
Without Wells = 1-8

Ah - that would be that experience thing that many of our players are still in the process of gaining.

Experience and great skills - he has a knack of finding space and using the ball well. Varcoe is similar with a bit extra leg speed

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 am

Jezza wrote:

I agree 100% Jezza.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am

BazBoy wrote:
Good to get the win and I want to comment on Maynard --the much maligned disposals by him

I will take that banana kick on the run any old day for a goalllllllllll

Have said before if they could play him as an attacking player his pack bursting straight ahead style would be more advantage

I agree. He has his major meltdowns when under pressure. I would use him on the wing or rotate him between the half forward line and the center. When playing his natural game with a degree of confidence he can be very damaging. His best kicks are superb. His worst are horrific. The difference is confidence.

donuts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:03 pm

A little off topic but still worth sharing.
About an hour after the game yesterday we left Metricon and caught the free public busses to Broadbeach to continue the night. These trips can be quite humorous depending on the mood of the crowd (and alcohol levels). In walks Jack Anthony, roaming down the isle telling everyone 'Jack kicks the goals' (and clearly loves a drink) but out of nowhere, Lynden Dunn (and wife/family) board the public bus! It was slightly weird that he would do so and the club didn't organise a ride/taxi but it was cool none the less.
He is a quality guy, took all the humour in good stride and also spent the majority of the bus ride talking with a wheel-chair bound Collingwood supporter and his mother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: