Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

mmm

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 1999 8:34 pm
Post subject: mmmReply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to the mmm net connection? hasn't worked for over a week, and they are covering the pies live on Sunday!
Ok for youz in Australia, but I'm here in California where the scores don't even get in the small print of the "other sport" in the paper.
Nick 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 1999 6:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokka

I've changed the links to TripleM on the front page and the scoreboard, there's one if you're using Internet Explorer and one for Netscape.

The IE link works reliably but the Netscape link sometimes needs a few attempts to get it going (a few could mean a dozen or more), but once you get a connection it's pretty solid.

It would be better if Netscape could use the IE link, but it doesn't recognise the URL. Pity...because it works every time with Internet Explorer. I suppose that's what happens when you mix Netscape and Microsoft.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 1999 4:14 am

OK thanks. Actually I already set up the mediaplayer gizmo from microsoft, and that was working week before last - as was realaudio. But last week neither would work. But Im speculationg that the link is diferent now so I'll give it a try and report back.

PS Real Audio worked better from 7000 miles. Mediaplayer audio stream was very broken up and jumpy.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 1999 4:26 am

Yep that's working no probs now.
It sounds like someone is turning the volume on and off 4 times a sec - not superb, but still great considering where I am...anyway, musn't grumble (and it is a lazy sunday afto - actually Saturday here).

PS the team looks a bit stronger this week, forward line looks much more dangerous especially with Browny in live-wire form, so I give em even money with Essendon also weakened this week. I hope they don't line up as listed but.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 1999 8:28 am

Just want to let it be known, esp to those o/s like myself, that I'm picking up mmm live on the net right now and listening to the footy live (one of those pointless games without Collingwood in it).
So I hope the connection hangs in for the Pies game tomorrow...
You can get it by going to:
www.mmm.com.au

by link: <a href=http://www.mmm.com.au>mmm.com.au</a>

You have to download media player for it to work.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 1999 10:09 am

Yet another addition to this saga: I just tried to tune in again and now it's not working. My guess is they're only netcasting the first half, because the Australian Fleecing League demanded too much money for the privilege.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 1999 11:57 am

Bokka

I hate to tell you that I think you heard the first half of that game because TripleM forgot to turn the feed off.

If you go to TripleM's listen live page http://www.mmm.com.au/radio/index.shtml you'll see a small notice at the bottom that says
Quote:
Note : For legal reasons, we are not able to offer football calls via the internet. We apologise for any inconvenience.

I've heard (unreliably) that the AFL has stopped all internet broadcasts of games. The notice on TripleM's page would tend to bear that out. This week and last week TripleM disappeared from the net when the footy came on, although maybe a bit late this week.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 1999 8:30 am

I'm listening to the game live right now in Northern California, so if it's because they've forgotten agian I hope they don't read this....
Best I can hope for I think, is the first half.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: