Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a life! Now There’s a pathetic statement, gees that’s way back the 90’s.

If you can’t see how ludicrous the add is, well what is there to say!

I don’t think anyone was shaking or crying at that ludicrous paper selling attention seeking award being handed out, more like shaking their head in disbelief at how $$%^%%$ ridiculous and bullshit politically correct the world is becoming. What exactly did Caitlin achieve for, or in the name of, women? How-to make mutton dressed up as lamb popular? Not realising people only applauded because they would get shamed for telling the truth!

Again, it doesn’t affect you, and clearly you don’t give a shit about the feelings of half of the worlds population.

I mean maybe they should use a woman to advertise speedo bathers for men, how many men are going to admit to identifying with that! I guess they could use socks! But then….! But no please don’t enlighten me!

But Crispy wouldn’t, that’s for sure!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:49 am

think positive wrote:
Get a life! Now There’s a pathetic statement, gees that’s way back the 90’s.

If you can’t see how ludicrous the add is, well what is there to say!

I don’t think anyone was shaking or crying at that ludicrous paper selling attention seeking award being handed out, more like shaking their head in disbelief at how $�$%^%%$ ridiculous and bullshit politically correct the world is becoming. What exactly did Caitlin achieve for, or in the name of, women? How-to make mutton dressed up as lamb popular? Not realising people only applauded because they would get shamed for telling the truth!

Again, it doesn’t affect you, and clearly you don’t give a shit about the feelings of half of the worlds population.

I mean maybe they should use a woman to advertise speedo bathers for men, how many men are going to admit to identifying with that! I guess they could use socks! But then….! But no please don’t enlighten me!

But Crispy wouldn’t, that’s for sure!

Half the world’s population is not upset about who Nike employs to advertise their sportswear line, and I can assure you most men do not care whether a trans man appears in an ad for male swimwear. You’ve latched on to a niche obsession, that’s all.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:54 am

Most ads for male underwear you see on TV has a bloke wearing them, talking about comfort. Having someone with no testicles or penis talking about the comfort level of male underwear would have the same amount of credibility as someone with no breasts talking up a sports bra.

It was a fairly silly call by Nike.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Most ads for male underwear you see on TV has a bloke wearing them, talking about comfort. Having someone with no testicles or penis talking about the comfort level of male underwear would have the same amount of credibility as someone with no breasts talking up a sports bra.

It was a fairly silly call by Nike.

Bang, nail, hammer, millennium head!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:58 pm

^Not to weigh into silly media nonsense, but their marketing metrics might well say otherwise.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:11 pm

^ their marketing metrics might not as well.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/other-industries/bud-light-suffers-bloodbath-as-longtime-and-loyal-consumers-revolt-against-transgender-campaign/news-story/81742d02ea23a2b3a5c88c80568cc5c7

"Bud Light suffered a bloodbath this past weekend.

Consumers across the United States revolted against the nation’s top-selling beer brand after it stepped “recklessly” into the culture wars last week with its new spokesperson, transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country."

Last edited by What'sinaname on Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:18 pm

^

entirely possible, but the people who follow these "influencers" aren't exactly discerning purchasers. Those women who actually need a good sports bra would be in a different camp.

Very silly marketing decision overall.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:25 pm

^Obviously, it depends on their intent, which isn't always obvious. Sometimes, a brand falls so far below the awareness line that enraging a certain segment to generate virality can still be well worthwhile. Sometimes these things fail, of course, but it's incredibly naive to take them at face value.

What'sinaname, you should be well aware of this already. The entire conservative political apparatus is powered by rage generation. For all you know, you've just taken the bait and helped Bud achieve its objectives.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:15 am

As we know from past brouhahas (whether coming from the left or the right), these outrage campaigns are always fleeting and brands usually come out the other side unharmed. Personally I don't care one bit as I assume that this kind of corporate virtue-signalling is wholly cynical anyway, and I'm not particularly interested in big brands' marketing campaigns and bottom lines. But I share PTID's suspicion that this publicity will probably only help the beer company in the long run.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:27 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

entirely possible, but the people who follow these "influencers" aren't exactly discerning purchasers. Those women who actually need a good sports bra would be in a different camp.

Very silly marketing decision overall.

when this keeps being ignored, you know you are right!
cheers, but not with a bud light!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:08 am

I don't want to be Captain Obvious here, but ... people do understand how this works, right?

Just because Kim Kardashian is your brand ambassador doesn't mean your underwear company is only serving customers with XL booties. Indeed, for these high-profile endorsements, I'd say the link between the "ambassador" and the product they're promoting is virtually non-existent.

Does anyone really think George Clooney drinks Nespresso, or Rihanna wears Puma? Do you need to get a look at her in those shoes to decide whether they're a good fit for you?

People here are acting like they're just encountering advertising and brand promotion strategies for the first time and that these gimmicks aren't older than sliced bread.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:10 am

Of course people realise that,

But they, that’s is normal folk, don’t appreciate being told our girls, boobs, tits, whatever, will be safe and comfy by a man in a bra, it’s insulting, not to mention in an age of rampant eating disorders, a skinny shapeless male is not a good advert. But it really doesn’t matter, you might feel superior for pointing that out but quite frankly it’s just plain daft! And since you’re neitherfemale or sporty, you won’t be looking at the sports bra as a solution to a pain in the back/neck that bouncing boobs can be! The search for a comfy bolder holder is bloody endless! Ask your missus! Some people do actually look at adds for a solution to a problem.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:41 am

I just read something to the effect that one of Trump's loser offspring has called off the rage because Anheuser-Busch is a generous Republican donor. I can't even be bothered grabbing the link or giving it my time.

The important point is this: why would sane adults engage this level of rubbish? It's petty, primary school stuff worth a pinch of nothing, yet people spend hours on it. I only soiled my mind with it because of this damned thread.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:06 am

Yep. He couldn’t have made it clearer that culture wars need to serve capital and not the other way around (as the rank and file sometimes get carried away into mistakenly assuming).

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-end-bud-light-boycott-trans-endorsement-2023-4?amp

This, incidentally, is the guy who published a book called "Triggered".

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:56 pm

I read about that "Ban" on Bud Lite and thought, how fkn ridiculous. So trans people can't drink or endorse beer? Confused Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, some level of sanity prevails.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11947257/Court-says-trans-girl-run-girls-track-West-Virginia.html

12 year old trans girl has to go to the supreme court to be allowed to compete as a girl in school sports. The bit where sanity prevails is she's allowed to.

Fair enough to have rules at the elite level but FFS, she's a 12 year old kid, she identifies as a girl, it's just fkn middle school sports not the Olympics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36   

Jump to: