Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where to now? (De-listed & uncontracted players)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 pm
Post subject: Where to now? (De-listed & uncontracted players)Reply with quote

Quote:
SHARROD Wellingham, Billy Hartung, Jonathan O'Rourke, Trent McKenzie, Ben Lennon and Nick Suban headline the list of players remaining in limbo following the end of the player exchange period.

Other players remaining uncontracted include luckless Swans premiership defender Alex Johnson, St Kilda's American ruckman Jason Holmes, and Suns pair Michael Rischitelli and Matt Shaw.

Geelong forward Daniel Menzel and Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles are also uncontracted but have been offered one-year deals by their respective clubs, while out-of-contract Tigers forward Jacob Townsend is also expected to be offered a new deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-19/left-in-limbo-the-big-names-who-werent-traded

Other out-of-contract/Delisted players include:

Brisbane Lions
Claye Beams, Michael Close, Cian Hanley

Carlton
Blaine Boekhorst, Dylan Buckley, Nick Graham, Simon White

Collingwood
Ben Sinclair, Lachlan Keeffe

Essendon
Ben Howlett, Jackson Merrett, Josh Green

Fremantle
David Mundy, Nick Suban

Geelong
Ryan Gardner, Daneil Menzel

Gold Coast
Trent McKenzie, Michael Rischitelli, Matt Shaw

Hawthorn
Kade Stewart, Kurt Heatherley, Billy Hartung, Jonathan O'Rourke

North Melbourne
Aaron Mullett

Port Adelaide
Matt White, Jimmy Toumpas, Jasper Pittard*, Justin Westhoff*
*I'd thought they'd signed.

Richmond
Jake Batchelor, Nathan Drummond, Ben Lennon

Sydney
Heath Grundy

West Coast
Tom Lamb, Sharrod Wellingham

Western Bulldogs
Mitch Honeychurch, Stewart Crameri

I think McKenzie and Mullett could be good pick ups if we snagged them as delisted free agents. Not going to solve our KPP depth issue, but both could fill a role within the team.

The heart would like to see Sharrod return, but I know it's not for the good of the club. I wouldn't be surprised if Freo gave him a year.

I thought Rischitelli, could be ok, but then I saw he is now 31. Remember the day Presti cleaned him up... classic.

Westhoff seems to be the only KPF, I'd thought he'd signed on tho? Is already 31, so I dont know.

Last edited by Presti35 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittard definitely signed as my Thai girlfriend has the hots for him and Port.

Michael Close was linked to us earlier. Not sure what he is like.

Ben Lennon might be worth a look Surely Grundy retires but he would a be a great defensive playing assistant coach for our VFL side with a view to developing Mclarty etc.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:15 am

ronrat wrote:
Pittard definitely signed as my Thai girlfriend has the hots for him and Port.

Michael Close was linked to us earlier. Not sure what he is like.

Ben Lennon might be worth a look Surely Grundy retires but he would a be a great defensive playing assistant coach for our VFL side with a view to developing Mclarty etc.

you mean Mundy?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 am

Where we will go next year is nowhere. We still have the players who destroyed us this season in a revolving door, who can play the least worst ,will get a game .Blair,Broomhead,Smith,Ramsay and Sinclair all still on the list and potentially will play as Buckley has their backs and one or 2 will seemingly be in the team each week.We have now paid overs for a rookie who has never played a senior game so potentially we could have 6 players in the team who will break the supporters collective heart and what's more will get praise for their endeavour.It's been many years since I've felt so utterly despondent and depressed about our future. The start of this season gave me great hope and joy and week in and out these 5 players tore to shreds that hope.Now I'll be starting off in the same state of flux.I just watched Hines explanation of the Murray trade and I've got to say I am less than impressed.We needed a couple of tall KPP's so what did we do?We got rid of 4 talls kept 5 spuds who wouldn't get a look in at another club and drafted another who couldn't get a gig in an injury depleted Sydney side. Small as well. Where to now ,you ask???
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:49 am

so if we don't make finals next year I think the supporters will want change . 2018 to me is make or break year for ed and bucks
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
so if we don't make finals next year I think the supporters will want change . 2018 to me is make or break year for ed and bucks

Like the last few years were going to be a make or break year.
Reminds me of that cartoon I saw which showed a department store with a sign that said 4th annual closing down sale.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 am

masoncox wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

Like the last few years were going to be a make or break year.
Reminds me of that cartoon I saw which showed a department store with a sign that said 4th annual closing down sale.

Must admit I am surprised Blair is still there, I said make him our permanent VFL Captain, which is a good fit for him and us, but it has not happened. Cant see him and Sinclair contributing much, next season, id like to be wrong, but I just dunno, it irks me that Port and the Dons plundered the Draft, and got exactly what they wanted. Sigh. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am

Has Blair got a contract for next year?
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 pm

With not a massive list change, Only an unprecedented improvement from the younger players will see us make finals.

It can be done, but recent history says that we will be up against it.

JDG, Maynard, McLarty, Broomhead, Elliott, Treloar, Adams, Cox etc need to improve their output by 25% each for us to get 12 wins.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:24 pm

masoncox wrote:
Has Blair got a contract for next year?

He along with Josh Smith,should have been delisted.Contract or not.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:26 pm

slangman wrote:
With not a massive list change, Only an unprecedented improvement from the younger players will see us make finals.

It can be done, but recent history says that we will be up against it.

JDG, Maynard, McLarty, Broomhead, Elliott, Treloar, Adams, Cox etc need to improve their output by 25% each for us to get 12 wins.

Broomhead has been 5 years on our list and is still in the bottom5 players for mine. I can't see him improving and hopefully Daicos quickly over takes him.Brown as well.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 pm

List changes are not yet finalised. There's plenty of time still for players to be delisted. Clubs will often hold on to uncontracted players (i.e. not delist them) through trade period in the hope that a) another club sees value in them and they're willing to go for opportunity, or b) they are able to trade in a better replacement. If neither of these occur, the player may be offered a new contract, or delisted.

Plenty of water still to go under the bridge before we're (rightly or wrongly) bemoaning why Blair, Smith, et al remain on our list.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Other than Mullett and McKenzie, I'd need some convincing on Crameri who is now 29. The Dogs are expected to delist him soon. If only he was a bit younger.

I could be talked into a rookie position for Zac Clarke for depth. He's a better option than Keeffe anyway. Mind you, he didnt play at all this season and Freo had their own KPP issues. (Need to check his WAFL form). Perhaps a younger state level ruck is a better idea?

And it's interesting that Essendon are yet to re-sign Josh Green. We'll probably expect that to come in the next week or so.

john b 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 am

Draft Claye Beams and see if his brother will follow
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Players at all clubs are contracted to October 31 so expect to see plenty of this from list managers in a weeks time:

" we would like to take this opportunity to thank ....... for their valuable service and contribution over the last ...." Best luck in their future endeavours".....

yadda yadda yadda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: