Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Might not get a Membership Next Season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Health first, Dave. Take your doctors advice, mate.

I live in Brisbane now so don't get to many games. It's probably a good thing. I used to get too worked up in close games, often felt I was going to pass out. I remember being at the 2011 GF and felt like I was going to collapse even before the game had started!!! Stupid. The separation is good for me. But I do miss the atmosphere.

There's more to life than this game. Your health, family and real friends are all paramount.

pablo 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I left the drawn GF in 2010 because I couldn't handle the stress. Had to ask someone outside the MCG what had happened 😐
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:43 am

pablo wrote:
I left the drawn GF in 2010 because I couldn't handle the stress. Had to ask someone outside the MCG what had happened 😐

Mate had I been there, I would have had to bail too; the anxiety level was absolutely off the charts in those final few minutes.

I was at home watching the final few minutes, on the floor, in a foetal position rocking back and forth, with stress and anger rising with my blood pressure.

Mostly thanks to that idiot Tragic Choke, and his 2nd quarter shots at goal.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:22 pm

piedys wrote:
pablo wrote:

Mate had I been there, I would have had to bail too; the anxiety level was absolutely off the charts in those final few minutes.

I was at home watching the final few minutes, on the floor, in a foetal position rocking back and forth, with stress and anger rising with my blood pressure.

I was at Home and I turned the TV Off Saying "Bloody Collywobbles" after the Goodard Screamer and Goal.

I was not very happy that it looked like we Chocked in a GF Again

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 pm

pablo wrote:
Dave... mate, you need to focus on your health, like others have said.
Do not go to games and don't feel you need to buy a membership -Collingwood has plenty of cash.

Spend the money on Foxtel HD Package and record the games. Wait for the result and and then watch the game. Whether we win or lose, you know the result and so won't be as stressed.

All strange advice, but **** that, it's your life and you only get one.

Best wishes...

Pretty much perfectly summed up.

I'll add that watching the footy is supposed to be a pastime. A hobby. It's meant to be enjoyable. If your experience is all about anger or anxiety, then you shouldn't be going
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 pm

piedys wrote:
pablo wrote:

I was at home cheering the draw, thought might be a chance of going to the replay and I did!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Geek wrote:
pablo wrote:
Dave... mate, you need to focus on your health, like others have said.
Do not go to games and don't feel you need to buy a membership -Collingwood has plenty of cash.

Spend the money on Foxtel HD Package and record the games. Wait for the result and and then watch the game. Whether we win or lose, you know the result and so won't be as stressed.

All strange advice, but **** that, it's your life and you only get one.

Best wishes...

Pretty much perfectly summed up.

I'll add that watching the footy is supposed to be a pastime. A hobby. It's meant to be enjoyable. If your experience is all about anger or anxiety, then you shouldn't be going

I won't be the only one at the Footy that can get Angrey and Anxious. I seen people worse then me at the Footy.

What making me Angry Lately is how bad we have been last 3-4 Seasons

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Barracking for Collingwood is only about anger and anxiety. It has ever been this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Barracking for Collingwood is only about anger and anxiety. It has ever been this.

I can't imagine this being the case in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Jezza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I can't imagine this being the case in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

Very Happy True Jezza, LONG before any of us were born, imagine in those halcyon days, rocking up to a Magpies game, 4 in a row flags behind us, a run of GFs in the 1930s, cocky as all hell, arrogant as buggery, no nerves, no anxiety, must have been sheer bloody heaven for Pies fans way back then. Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:34 pm

So now that we have all admitted that we are all complete and utter nervous wrecks when we watch the pies live, when do the 2018 membership offers come out.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Well I had a Bloody Pressure 24 Hour test a Few Weeks ago and Go See the Doctor about it on Friday. Might need Blood Pressure Tablet.

Problem when I sit by Myself that I can't seem to Control myself at Times as I get very heated and get Very Anxious.

I am thinking I may just go to the VFL and Watch the AFL Games on TV.

See what Doctor Says

Yes, Dave, make sure you specifically ask the doctor's opinion about going to the football and see what he says. But in my experience doctors can be rather clueless about the world, so I recommend you describe to the doctor exactly how heated and anxious you feel during a game (compared with normal life and with other stressful events -- perhaps even quantifying them on a scale of 0-10).

When you've been at games with someone else in the past, has his presence helped you keep calmer?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:06 pm

K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Well I had a Bloody Pressure 24 Hour test a Few Weeks ago and Go See the Doctor about it on Friday. Might need Blood Pressure Tablet.

Problem when I sit by Myself that I can't seem to Control myself at Times as I get very heated and get Very Anxious.

I am thinking I may just go to the VFL and Watch the AFL Games on TV.

See what Doctor Says

Yes, Dave, make sure you specifically ask the doctor's opinion about going to the football and see what he says. But in my experience doctors can be rather clueless about the world, so I recommend you describe to the doctor exactly how heated and anxious you feel during a game (compared with normal life and with other stressful events -- perhaps even quantifying them on a scale of 0-10).

When you've been at games with someone else in the past, has his presence helped you keep calmer?

There's medication doctors can prescribe for patients with HFA to control anxiety. Personally I think the situation in North Korea with their demented dictator versus the most unqualified president in USA history is a bit more nerve racking than Collingwood going down in a GF by a few points. Everything is relative though and dependent on the individual.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Leggie wrote:
So now that we have all admitted that we are all complete and utter nervous wrecks when we watch the pies live, when do the 2018 membership offers come out.

Does anyone here actually ENJOY watching the Pies play Live, either at the games or on TV etc ? I tend to get a churning stomach, pain in the guts, and it aint nice, not nice at all. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Leggie wrote:

Does anyone here actually ENJOY watching the Pies play Live, either at the games or on TV etc ? I tend to get a churning stomach, pain in the guts, and it aint nice, not nice at all. Surprised Rolling Eyes

I love it. I fire up. I get stressed out and go nuts too.
I love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: