Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Might not get a Membership Next Season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Barracking for Collingwood is only about anger and anxiety. It has ever been this.

You sure? I thought it was about being a male and being in touch with all 3 of the emotions: fear, lust and anger.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm

You describe a breadth of emotional expression there that I can only envy, wpt.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You describe a breadth of emotional expression there that I can only envy, wpt.

Ah, the benefit of female hormones!! GO PIES!!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Post subject: DtmReply with quote

Don't be too hard on yourself Dave! My wife has wet herself at a Preliminary final once due to anxiety at umpires ripping us off! I also find having a few full strength beers before and after a game helps my mental balance! Don't give up mate, we need you there!
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Barracking for Collingwood is only about anger and anxiety. It has ever been this.

Oh a little is a good thing, for sure. Makes the schadenfreude so much sweeter for a start (and finish I think in PnC's case Wink )

But in the end stress will kill you, no matter how nice it can be to scream it out at the game. And seriously if you want to get anxious, save yourself 35 bucks and listen to some Skrillex in a traffic jam. At least you control the mercy rule then to some extent.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:21 pm

piedys wrote:
pablo wrote:
I left the drawn GF in 2010 because I couldn't handle the stress. Had to ask someone outside the MCG what had happened 😐

Mate had I been there, I would have had to bail too; the anxiety level was absolutely off the charts in those final few minutes.

I was at home watching the final few minutes, on the floor, in a foetal position rocking back and forth, with stress and anger rising with my blood pressure.

Mostly thanks to that idiot Tragic Choke, and his 2nd quarter shots at goal.

My seat was Row A, right beside the behind post where the ball bounced away from Milne. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion!!

And I still get extremely worked up whenever I see highlights of the game shown on TV, especially that bit. I certainly couldn't sit through the whole game again.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

^
ha ha I haven't watched it again. The sickness returns as soon as I see it played
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Doc63 wrote:
piedys wrote:
pablo wrote:
I left the drawn GF in 2010 because I couldn't handle the stress. Had to ask someone outside the MCG what had happened 😐

Mate had I been there, I would have had to bail too; the anxiety level was absolutely off the charts in those final few minutes.

I was at home watching the final few minutes, on the floor, in a foetal position rocking back and forth, with stress and anger rising with my blood pressure.

Mostly thanks to that idiot Tragic Choke, and his 2nd quarter shots at goal.

My seat was Row A, right beside the behind post where the ball bounced away from Milne. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion!!

And I still get extremely worked up whenever I see highlights of the game shown on TV, especially that bit. I certainly couldn't sit through the whole game again.

Doc, you did well not to throw up from the nausea, seeing that incident live.

Eventually that drawn GF will go down in history as a classic, but a few more years will need to pass yet. Another three years at least before i watch the DVD again I'd say...

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 pm

I reckon I've watched the drawn gf about a dozen times. It was a brilliant contest. Still don't know how we didn't win and how we didn't lose. Cloke could've sealed it at half time but choked then everything began to unravel in that third quarter when it was there to be won. Dawes over runs the ball, Daisy shat himself, Blair misses a sitter. 5 frigging behinds!! Then in the fourth, Leon decides to finally participate and do something which was followed by a comeback, multiple lead changes and 'that' bounce.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 pm

I do recommend you all muster the courage to watch it. The heroics and leadership of maxwell is nothing short of inspiring particularly when it was all on the line and someone needed to stand up and set an example for a team who was on the ropes. I walked out of the pub midway through the fourth cos I was sick with nerves but returned with 7 mins to go. The rest is a blur.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Supporting Collingwood is a full time job and an emotional rollercoaster - full of ups and downs. It takes its toll on you mentally and physically so I can fully understand anyone wanting to step away for the goodness of their own health.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:26 am

Have the boxed set, attended the draw live, watch the reply in downtown Disney, Ive just about worn out the prelim disc, especially the first quarter, watched the win a few times, the draw is still sealed, just cant watch it!
E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

i like to quote that great Tom Cruise movie - Vanilla Sky.

Without the bitter baby, the sweet just isn't as sweet!

I think there is something in that for all Collingwood supporters. Tigers supperters would also be understanding this sentiment right about now.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Supporting Collingwood is a full time job and an emotional rollercoaster - full of ups and downs. It takes its toll on you mentally and physically so I can fully understand anyone wanting to step away for the goodness of their own health.

Lol! this should be your signature at the bottom of your profile! Gold truth!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:17 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I do recommend you all muster the courage to watch it. The heroics and leadership of maxwell is nothing short of inspiring particularly when it was all on the line and someone needed to stand up and set an example for a team who was on the ropes. I walked out of the pub midway through the fourth cos I was sick with nerves but returned with 7 mins to go. The rest is a blur.

No Doubt Maxy was bloody amazing with smother and massive grab!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: