Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What’s the pass mark for next year for our team and coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princem007 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 pm
Post subject: What’s the pass mark for next year for our team and coachReply with quote

Wooden spoon - positive - draft picks in strong year - coach : not even Eddie can save bucks
Bottom 4 - see above - coach : bucks likely
Gone- no second year
Consolidate our position from 13th to
11th - see above - coach - bucks likely
Gone or fighting for second year
10th to 6th - modest improvement - coach :Bucks gets his second year maybe with question marks
Top 8 - solid improvement - coach - Buckley safe - gets second year of contract
Top 4 - awesome year - coach - Buckley safe - extension of 2 years

Dare I say - Flag ?? ( bitchmond did it from 13th ) - coach - Buckley coach for life

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole issue of pass marks is not relevent. What is relevent is the overall direction.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 pm

I don't have a ladder position. We just need to improve, as we did last year. For me it's a stabilise and assess year. In the offseason we then look to complete our list build and make a major assault on 2019.

Bottom of the 8 is a realistic possibility, and my view is that (with a reasonable run) we'll get there, but the comp is so even that I don't think it can be a requirement.

The quiet offseason this year, to me, was necessary. We have some unanswered questions about our list, the most crucial being: does Moore play forward or back? We can't complete our list build until those questions are answered and even if we could, the possibility to do it was not there this year. This is because we need one more quality and ready to go KPP. We had a look at Lever and that would have been a good move, but other than that there was no one we should have made a play for this year. Next year there will be more options.

This KPP can not come from the draft, unless there's an absolute freak. As we've seen with Moore, a KPP will take at least 4 years to have a real impact. That's too long. Our rebuild is not in it's early stages and this is why we should not be using pick 6 on a KPP, we need a player who can make us better in the short to medium term, not the long term.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm

masoncox wrote:
This whole issue of pass marks is not relevent. What is relevent is the overall direction.

I thought our last 6 games of the season clearly showed our direction and for mine,I thought it was positive,. apart from a poor showing against Port,we should have beaten Geelong and we certainly out played Adelaide for a poor draw.Another year with a big injury list, which we really need to look at why. I'm optomistic we will improve but it is well known that there are a few players who need to be moved on but it hasn't happened yet and that concerns me that they will get games next year. Buckleys favourites cannot be left jockeying for spots that they don't deserve.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 pm

For mine a pass mark is making the finals again. Anything less would be a disappointment I would suggest.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:12 am

these were the type of threads that have emotionally derailed the people on these boards for years.

Why dont we just start the season with a blank slate and see what happens.

john b 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:52 am

Win the premiership.
john b 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 am

No seriously top 8 or just missing if injuries hit us (touching wood)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 am
Post subject: Re: What’s the pass mark for next year for our team and coacReply with quote

princem007 wrote:
Wooden spoon - positive - draft picks in strong year - coach : not even Eddie can save bucks
Gone- no second year
10th to 6th - modest improvement - coach :Bucks gets his second year maybe with question marks

Dare I say - Flag ?? ( bitchmond did it from 13th ) - coach - Buckley coach for life

That all sounds very fair.

As for the ones wanting to go in with no expectation, sorry, can’t do that. This year I took a serious look at adjusting my memberships, legend ain’t cheap, and I go to the footy for enjoyment, if I’m not enjoying myself, why go? Judge me I don’t care, I work hard for my money and I’m not wasting it on a cold bad time at the footy! 2011 we were still winning but gees some of those games sapped the life out of me. It’s not winning at the end that is the pass, but I want to see professional standard, not shitty dinky laughable fumbles. I know we are capable of it. It’s time to bring it consistently or next year, I will do more than just looking at it.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 am
Post subject: Re: What’s the pass mark for next year for our team and coacReply with quote

think positive wrote:
princem007 wrote:
Gone- no second year

That all sounds very fair.

As for the ones wanting to go in with no expectation, sorry, can’t do that. This year I took a serious look at adjusting my memberships, legend ain’t cheap, and I go to the footy for enjoyment, if I’m not enjoying myself, why go? Judge me I don’t care, I work hard for my money and I’m not wasting it on a cold bad time at the footy! 2011 we were still winning but gees some of those games sapped the life out of me. It’s not winning at the end that is the pass, but I want to see professional standard, not shitty dinky laughable fumbles. I know we are capable of it. It’s time to bring it consistently or next year, I will do more than just looking at it.

TP, do you agree that in the last 10 weeks of the season we were worth the price of admission. we gave our all, never gave up, and played some pretty good footy.

I actually think this team is really watchable and I'm enjoying watching them gel.

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:52 am

More wins than this year
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 am

Pass mark: top 5

I am confident that we will get there.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:46 am

From the bye onwards last year we showed we can at a minimum be competitive with any team. That's a good starting point competitiveness
The last 6 games we didn't have Pendles Varcoe Wells and for a few games Grundy. We had no finals chances to play for and arguebly were missing 4 of our best players yet we were in or capable of winning every game.
The other night I had dinner with a old magpie supporter who's history supporting this club goes back further than mine and I was bemoaning our inaction in the trade period. His view was completely different. He thought we had been so active in years past that it had hampered our cohesion each and every year. The last 6 games showed we had started to gain a real cohesion and the players trusted each other and it showed in our competitiveness.
Our average losing margin last year was 19 points. A lousy 3 goals and in most of those losses we were our own worst enemy in goal kicking and silly costly turnovers in our back half. We weren't as far away as our finishing position may have looked. We gave away 4&1/2 games by our own poor goal kicking. Add 18 points to our 38 and all of a sudden we were deep into the finals.
Yes it's all hypothetical but if we can fix our goal kicking tweak some defensive lapses and more importantly get and keep Pendles Varcoe Wells on the field we will be more than competitive again.
Wins wise I would be hoping we had at least 12 wins. Yes that mightn't be enough for finals but it would be a improvement. There will be teams around us in terms of finishing position last year who will improve as well and some above may slide so we need to turn some of those L's to W's
Lastly I think the last 6 weeks showed the coach was prepared to make some more daring decisions. Maynard to the centre, Grundy to starting FF Cox starting as 1st ruck, Moore to CHB, WHE to a roaming wingman/forward/defender. He rolled the dice and he actually found some different looks that made other teams uncomfortable.
The emergence of Adams as a leader and his improved form along with Trelaor Sidey & a few others taking more responsibility for the team as a whole I think was the biggest win for us in 2017. If those players take more ownership of the team and free up Pendles to a footballer we win huge.
All that being said I think being in the mix for finals with 2-3 weeks to go in the season would be a decent improvement and good launching pad for the future.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 am

Didn't we have this similar thread last year?

I guess if we miss the 8, Bucks get's another 2 years Cool

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 am

Ed's pass mark to retain Bucks: did the team make it through the banner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: