Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#13 Sam Murray

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
This thread should be used to welcome and discuss the merits of our newest Pie, not the wheeling and dealing that got him here.

Whatever you think of how he got here, he is here now and should be welcomed into the nest.

(Off topic posts haven't been deleted. They were moved to Trade thread, which took a little bit of work just btw.)

WPW for the mods team

Greatly appreciated by some of us,

Good luck Sam, you got this!

Agreed

And welcome to the club, Sam Smile It will be nice to see some dash out of our backline again
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
This thread should be used to welcome and discuss the merits of our newest Pie, not the wheeling and dealing that got him here.

Whatever you think of how he got here, he is here now and should be welcomed into the nest.

(Off topic posts haven't been deleted. They were moved to Trade thread, which took a little bit of work just btw.)

WPW for the mods team

Fair point. He has a beautiful long left kick like so many other left footers. He breaks lines. The downside is he has no right foot. It will be interesting watching him over summer working on the right side of his body. We need a small defender who breaks lines. Sinclair was that player but we couldn't get him on the park and Ramsay is taking time recovering from his ACL in 2016. If Murray becomes that small defender that we currently lack, then it fixes up our defence and modern AFL footy is all about defensive football that has decided the last two premierships.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:47 am

think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

WPW for the mods team

Greatly appreciated by some of us,

Good luck Sam, you got this!

+1. Thanks Mods for the hard work.

We hope you have a long and productive career with the Pies Sam Murray.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:02 am

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look, at the end of the day, I wish this kid well, who knows, it might just work. But, by God, we had BETTER get something really, really fantastic with our gold pick 6, no more roll the dice , hope it works, stuff. The heat is on !

Check out the academy thread. Tantalizing.

Hmmm.... any Joe Daniher types there at all ??? Look, I bang on a bit about this, but I truly believe we need a young Joe type, up forward, to help out Moore, Cox is ok, for now, but down the track a big and mobile forward top mark, is the ticket. Yes, I know we hope to get Lynch next year, but that's up in the air stuff, we need certainty now. ! Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 am

The highlights show his evasiveness and speed - brilliant bouncer of the ball too.

I would like to know about his one-to-one work and marking / interception ability.

Anyone have more video?

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:53 am

Love your work Sammy. Welcome aboard!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look, at the end of the day, I wish this kid well, who knows, it might just work. But, by God, we had BETTER get something really, really fantastic with our gold pick 6, no more roll the dice , hope it works, stuff. The heat is on !

Check out the academy thread. Tantalizing.

Hmmm.... any Joe Daniher types there at all ??? Look, I bang on a bit about this, but I truly believe we need a young Joe type, up forward, to help out Moore, Cox is ok, for now, but down the track a big and mobile forward top mark, is the ticket. Yes, I know we hope to get Lynch next year, but that's up in the air stuff, we need certainty now. ! Idea

Moore is the Joe type. Potentially. If he gets stronger he'll be just as good. So far his stats are about on par with Joe at the same stage. Daniher improved markedly in his fourth year, let's hope the same for Darcy.

If he doesn't put on the same amount of muscle, he will be a different player, but not necessarily less effective.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 pm

think better wrote:
The highlights show his evasiveness and speed - brilliant bouncer of the ball too.

I would like to know about his one-to-one work and marking / interception ability.

Anyone have more video?

Full Games Here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NorthEastAFL

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:08 pm

A very handy addition to the list. With Sinclair's body not holding up (likely to retire) and Ramsay not looking up to the level, we have a desperate need for pacy defenders.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm

I like Hines confidence when he talks about this kid. I can't help but think he is looking forward to telling a few people " I told you so "
Talk is cheap but Hine seemed very comfortable talking him up.
john b 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:54 am

I have a good feeling about this one. Welcome to the pies.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm

I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I like the look of 'Muddy Waters'. He's got good hands, is super quick and is a good long kick. Seems to have a bit of swagger about him too.

also Allegedly beat Seedsman in an arm wrestling comp in a Norwood Speak Easy two weeks ago.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Number 9. Lets hope he shadows the bloke in the locker next door to learn what it takes to take the next step. Ive got high hopes for him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Muddy Waters? You dissing the Murray River?

I'll just call him COD, which also works if he's got performance incentives in his contract. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: