Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ARTICLE 10: Pre Draft Period:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm
Post subject: ARTICLE 10: Pre Draft Period:Reply with quote

Would have to say post trade week through to Draft week is an AFL Sporting abyss. The sounds of Bathurst, Spring Racing Carnival, the voice of Kevin Muscat and the futile stats from the Domestic one day cup in Sydney make me want to throw up!!

So here is a brief article aimed to sate the pure Pies fans as National Draft day emerges come November 24th.

De-listings:

With October 31st approaching, expect by this Friday most likely, the de-listings of:

1. Jarryd Blair: surely his credits have run out. Alert Membership department: want to lose 2000+ members for 2018, then keep him on the list. Make him Captain of the VFL team

2. Ben Sinclair: Geoff Walsh alluded as much last week that his career is on the edge. Best of luck.

3. Josh Smith: if we are a brave club, we shall de-list him. He has displayed many admirable qualities, however he beats up on poor sides, fumbles and stumbles on the "big stage" and his lateral sideway kicks plus slower than treacle pace means he needs to be shipped off.

4. Jesse White: officially retired as commonly known. Happy basketballing Jesse!

5. Lachie Keefe: From my memory he was upgraded pre round 1 so am calling him a Primary list de-listing.

6.J. Ramsay: got the feeling the club for list needs shall make the call. A tad harsh for those fans of him on Nick's but my faith in him was permanently eroded when he was physically outpointed by the Bombers Fantasia 3 separate times on Anzac Day despite being 8 cm and 12 kgs heavier.

Primary List Post De-listings:

We shall be left with 35 Primary list players if the above de-listings/retirements go through as expected. However we need to factor in the two additions:

1. Sam Murray
2. Tyler Brown

Which effectively takes us to 37 on the Primary list.

Draft Picks:

6,38,56,61,70 (should all be used) with both 80 & 98 unlikely to be used.

Thoughts would suggest that if we went to the hassle and extent to recruit Sam Murray and give away our 2nd round pick, then surely we shall use up to pick 70 in the Draft. If we don't then it means Derek Hine has lied to the footy world re the overall deal and the need to give up our second round pick.

Conclusion:

* Pick 6: likely to go on Brander or another tall
* pick 38: best available at this pick
* pick 56:best available at this pick
* pick 61: maybe for a de-listed free agent such as Tom Lamb (Eagles) or Sam Collins (Dockers)
* Pick 70: Tyler Brown (father/son selection)

Dilemma:

With only 40 spots on the Primary list and the likely scenario of using "4 live selections" outside the Tyler Brown pick, we would have to sever, retire off or de-list one more player. Can't see who this is, as the rest of the list are all contracted.

Hope the above ramblings have made for interesting reading!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have some more threads up your sleeve, were still four weeks away.

I really think our biggest dilemma is pick 6.
I'm a fan of just picking next best but at some point we have to add a young tall ( or two ) into our list. I'm not sure Brander is the sixth best player in this draft but it makes sense to pick the talls early when they are less speculative.
Some people on here don't rate Brander but I watched him ( TV ) tear it up against both Vic country and metro as a KPD in the championships. I still think he is the best genuine tall in the draft but I'm not convinced he is a pick 6 selection ( happy to admit I'm no expert but I do speak to a lot of TAC people regularly and they don't rate the genuine TAC KPPs that highly )

Second round would be next best I imagine.

I just get the feeling # 56 will be a project tall ( maybe De Koning - Stingrays, if he is still there )
I would like to see them give Collins a home at # 61. Champion Data rate him fairly highly in a number of key defensive measures.
And of course, Tyler at # 70.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Isnt Josh Thomas being upgraded to senior list thought he was rookie listed
On the March 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:20 pm

We have obviously stopped taking crap = no DFA.

Agree with the deleted 6.
Murray already on.
Thomas to stay as rookie on his extended contract.
Cox promoted to main list.
Brown as a father son pick - may require pick 61 and/or 70.
Leaving only 3 picks.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:18 am

^ INXS

Your forgetting the delisting of Henry Schade.

I too was wondering about the very scenario you raised here. Should it play out as you suggest then the posters on here banging on about giving up future second round pick (yes you Mason Cox alias Thompsoc) will be relieved to here that we will get 3 players for the future second round pick. I would have thought that's very shrewd by the Pies.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:36 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ INXS

Your forgetting the delisting of Henry Schade.

I too was wondering about the very scenario you raised here. Should it play out as you suggest then the posters on here banging on about giving up future second round pick (yes you Mason Cox alias Thompsoc) will be relieved to here that we will get 3 players for the future second round pick. I would have thought that's very shrewd by the Pies.

He was a rookie, as were McCarthy and Mackie. Tried to stick with the primary list.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am

On the March wrote:
We have obviously stopped taking crap = no DFA.

Agree with the deleted 6.
Murray already on.
Thomas to stay as rookie on his extended contract.
Cox promoted to main list.
Brown as a father son pick - may require pick 61 and/or 70.
Leaving only 3 picks.

Tried to work off my notes that suggested as of now, we have committed to 37 players in total:

1. Fasolo
2. Degoey
3. Wells
4. Elliott
5. Goldsack
6. Treloar
7. Langdon
8. Pendles
9. Scharenberg
10. Adams
11. Aish
12. Dunn
13. Mayne
14. C. Brown
15. Varcoe
16. Greenwood
17. Reid
18. Phillips
19. Sidebottom
20. Thomas
21. Crisp
22. Daicos
23. Kirby
24. Broomhead
25. Moore
26. Rupert
27. McLarty
28. Sier
29. Maynard
30. Howe
31. Crocker (why oh why)
32. Hoskin Elliott
33. Oxley
34. Mason C.
35. Grundy
36. Murray
37. T. Brown (father:son likely)

Agreed that it leaves only 3 spots, but Hine has positioned ourselves to use picks:

6, 38, 56, 61 and 70 (Swans traded in pick)

Interesting times ahead! Maybe Oxley is forced to walk the plank by Hine

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 am

Really don't see why Oxley and Sier should remain on the list? Then we have 5 goes in the national draft which gives us a better opportunity at rejuvenating our list. We need to compare our list to the lists of opposition clubs. If a player on our list wouldn't get a game on say a Melbourne list, or an Essendon list, that player shouldn't be on our list either.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:49 am

is there a new rule on Nicks that EVERY Single thread has to begin by bagging one of our greatest servants and premiership player, Jarryd Blair.

Cant we just get over ourselves. you've had your say and we get it. you hope he isn't a first 22 player. we all agree. But that is precisely why he is valuable. he is a true professional and will give his best performance every week. See who can keep him out of the team. Getting O'Bree and Lockyer out of our team is what made us premiership worthy in 2010!

in addition, did I mention he is a solid player and absolutely professional. He can fill in as needed for injuries and provides a good litmus test to the team. we will be a good team when he cant get a game.

Until then, keep offering him reasonable one year contracts. I would give him an extra $10k as compensation for the Shit he has to put up with from my fellow Nicks posters.

Last edited by E on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 am

Agree about the bagging but it is an internet forum.

However I think we have moved on from Blair - he has made the most of what he has and will forever be a Collingwood premiership player. Many great players don't have that on their resume.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

On the March wrote:
Agree about the bagging but it is an internet forum.

However I think we have moved on from Blair - he has made the most of what he has and will forever be a Collingwood premiership player. Many great players don't have that on their resume.

have we? the OP identifies our number 1 issue as follows:

"1. Jarryd Blair: surely his credits have run out. Alert Membership department: want to lose 2000+ members for 2018, then keep him on the list."

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm

E wrote:
is there a new rule on Nicks that EVERY Single thread has to begin by bagging one of our greatest servants and premiership player, Jarryd Blair.

Cant we just get over ourselves. you've had your say and we get it. you hope he isn't a first 22 player. we all agree. But that is precisely why he is valuable. he is a true professional and will give his best performance every week. See who can keep him out of the team. Getting O'Bree and Lockyer out of our team is what made us premiership worthy in 2010!

in addition, did I mention he is a solid player and absolutely professional. He can fill in as needed for injuries and provides a good litmus test to the team. we will be a good team when he cant get a game.

Until then, keep offering him reasonable one year contracts. I would give him an extra $10k as compensation for the Shit he has to put up with from my fellow Nicks posters.
Agree he is depth and he will always give 100% However at some point he will be delisted hopefully because some kid has taken the next step. Oxley Smith and Ramsey should go before him
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm

E wrote:

Like the "youth uprising in Egypt in 2012" I shall be relentless in the honesty factor that Blair has been superfluous since the 2011 Grand Final despite all the "good bloke, gives his all, 1 percenters, tries, 2010 hero" HYPERBOLE!

Just 4 more sleeps till the correct call needs to be made!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I really think our biggest dilemma is pick 6.
Some people on here don't rate Brander but I watched him ( TV ) tear it up against both Vic country and metro as a KPD in the championships. I still think he is the best genuine tall in the draft but I'm not convinced he is a pick 6 selection ( happy to admit I'm no expert but I do speak to a lot of TAC people regularly and they don't rate the genuine TAC KPPs that highly )

Second round would be next best I imagine.

I just get the feeling # 56 will be a project tall ( maybe De Koning - Stingrays, if he is still there )
I would like to see them give Collins a home at # 61. Champion Data rate him fairly highly in a number of key defensive measures.
And of course, Tyler at # 70.

P16, do you know exactly what data Champion Data collects at the TAC level? Just the basic ones, or even the advanced ones they collect at AFL level?
(I'd be surprised if it's the latter, since they had to add extra manpower to collect some of them.)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

Like the "youth uprising in Egypt in 2012" I shall be relentless in the honesty factor that Blair has been superfluous since the 2011 Grand Final despite all the "good bloke, gives his all, 1 percenters, tries, 2010 hero" HYPERBOLE!

Just 4 more sleeps till the correct call needs to be made!

You're going to enjoy the Crameri/Blair partnership - I can see that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: