Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Darcy Moore going to the backline in 2018?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Thats why elusive, quick agile forwards are at a premium. They are needed to score goals by weaving through congested forward lines.

Which brings me to Liverpool.

Liverpool play with 4 of the best forwards going around...Coutinho, Firmino, EPL leading goal scorer Salah and Sadio Mane....all established elite world class players.
Opposition teams stack their backlines ( park the bus ) and try to come out of games against Liverpool with Nil all Draws.

So this year we have not just 1 or 2 elite forwards but we have 4!! and teams just cant contain us at present, barring a couple hiccups but the Liverpool way is attack attack and attack.

If we had a forward line stacked with 4 or 5 elusive elite forwards then I bet we would score more than we would concede.

Food for thought.

magpieazza, how did Liverpool obtain all those elite forwards? The first thought that comes to mind is that, with no salary cap to worry about, they just opened their chequebook and spent whatever it took. Presumably, they did not have to save up by getting by with el cheapo defenders.

Secondly, what formation is Liverpool typically employing in games?

Thirdly, on " elusive, quick agile forwards", in the world game it's always been almost mandatory for a striker to be quick and agile to be successful (Klose notwithstanding). But in our game, there's vastly more freedom to go tall or small with the forward line. Thoughts?

Actually Liverpool bought in Mane last season and Salah this year, without having to pay extravagantly for either. While other teams spend fortunes on individual forwards, Jurgen Klopp's approach is to develop a team method. So Liverpool's current 'fab 4' work as a unit, and are proving pretty invincible. However, like Collingwood, their weakness seems to be the lack of one of two top line quality defenders.

<snip>

I see. Any thoughts on the question of what formation Liverpool generally employs?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't live without food.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: