Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moving back to Melbourne (& my personal crisis)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

wait until footy season starts again and see how you go. if that doesn't liven you up i'd suggest you consider heading back overseas. i believe that if afforded the opportunity everyone should experience other parts of the world.

i lived away from oz for many years and built some great friendships and had some wonderful experiences that gave me a different perspective on life. i returned to melbourne because i missed the footy of all things. i love melbourne but find it very ho hum.i enjoyed melbourne more when i was a visitor.

now i don't plan to uproot again but instead make sure i go overseas at least once a year. if you're not happy go do what makes you happy. i know sometimes it's not that simple but we're a long time dead.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
^ Very helpful post. Thank you again.

I am able to work there for a further 3 years and apply for permanent residency after that. (I have an ancestry visa as my grandparents were born in Scotland).

Another thing to note, is that on the way home, we stopped over in Hong Kong for 5 days. There was a Typhoon while we were there and I also picked up some weird bug which has stayed with me. It's caused stomach aches and all kinds of annoying things. Doc's reckon it'll go away soon, but geez, it hasn't helped me get going. Every time I eat I feel really ill.

But yeah. I think I'll need to just keep going until sometime around April to see how I feel. Once we get passed Christmas and into a new year, I'll hopefully have a better feel about things.

Thanks again to all that posted.

I'd probably see a different doctor... If you've been back for 3 months & have had this issue for that long, time for a 2nd opinion.

Sounds similar to me having really bad stomach/gut issues & pain & fever whenever I ate - was told for 3 months it was gastro... no, actually an auto-immune disease (caused by stress!). Check it out further IMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: