Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Jockeys, strappers and trainers seem to manage it.

Err, I doubt that very much Phil.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/19/boredom-led-to-betting-on-races-says-banned-jockey/
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:19 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
How many times have we now read statements about he should have known better...e.g. Jordan Lewis taking the moral high ground, I thought that was over the top.
It is clear that players receive education briefings. A 10 year + player would have had countless briefings over his career, with that your obligations as a player sink in even more.
Good on Howe for steering a young man in the right direction, he should receive a Club / broader commendation for that. Just think for a moment if he let it slide and it became a bigger issue.

Think for a moment, a second year player, at 20 y/o. , but his feet probably haven't touched the ground since he walked through the doors.
The gravity of the issue clearly slipped through him and no doubt other players in the AFL.

I don't have an issue re the outcome of the investigation and resultant suspension. The integrity of our game is sacrosanct.
And it is not about Collingwood.

If we should point the finger, start with the AFL, a contradiction in allowing and taking betting sponsorship in one hand and at the same time ignoring the social impact.
Time the AFL take a stand and leave a legacy. They've had a terrible year, rules interpretation and handling of the crowd behaviour as examples.

I'll say it again, time to re-shape the AFL board, too many silvertails and not enough community grounded appointments.

Good Post Laurie , I 'll make sure Jock cools his heels regarding Rostoff.

www.facebook/the hybernators
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:20 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:

Good on Howe for steering a young man in the right direction, he should receive a Club / broader commendation for that. Just think for a moment if he let it slide and it became a bigger issue.

Bucks has this morning spoken very highly on Howie in this regard and the whole club network that was involved in "doing the right thing, when it wasn't an easy thing to do".

Quote:
If we should point the finger, start with the AFL, a contradiction in allowing and taking betting sponsorship in one hand and at the same time ignoring the social impact.
Time the AFL take a stand and leave a legacy. They've had a terrible year, rules interpretation and handling of the crowd behaviour as examples.

I'll say it again, time to re-shape the AFL board, too many silvertails and not enough community grounded appointments.

You're spot on IMHO with this Laurie, especially the point about the silvertails.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I liked Titus O'Reilys recent tweets:

The AFL is furious with Jaidyn Stephenson for placing a bet.
“We make money off gambling, not the players”

and

"Jaidyn Stephenson has been handed a 22-match ban (12 matches suspended) and fined $20,000. I'm disappointed as I'd backed him to get seven weeks through the AFL's official wagering partner."

Nathan Buckley wow, just wow. That interview on SEN is compelling listening.

Laughing re those tweets.

When the club has some crisis or another with the playing group, Bucks just bowls me over with his understanding and wise, considered interpretation of the situation.
He may have lost a little of his composure over the MM situation (only just the once mind you, as he is human), but he is such an impressive individual.

This sort of got lost in the uproar over Stevo, but it's another example of his affinity with the playing group:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-collingwoods-taylor-adams-broke-down-at-training-needing-a-hearttoheart-from-nathan-buckley/news-story/8ee18a22c6c060013d469c07731fa046
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:20 pm

This is interesting.... the only company that the AFL is promoting on its website at this point in time is Bunnings!!!! No reference to any betting agencies anywhere! Suddenly, they are looking holier than thou. Smile Smile Pr*cks.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm

He did a dumb thing made dumber by he knew it to be wrong but what is
obvious to me is not only a whack at the kid but a whack at the tall poppy

Call me thin skinned but AFL and us are not nor ever have been close amigos

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Oh and while on that line of thought the pricks rub hands in glee for the $$$$
Anzac and QB games swelling their coffers

Guess what I hate em

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Does anyone else watch that weekly AFL.com.au show "Pick a Winner" with Wayne Carey and Campbell Brown, which is basically an extended advertisement for BetEasy? In the opening titles, we see footage of Treloar's injury against Carlton last year with a little counter showing Collingwood's victory odds increasing by the second as he lies in the ground on agony. It's always bothered me, but the thoughtlessness of that kind of a) exploitation of a player's injury for entertainment; and b) dehumanisingly putting a dollar value on it seems even starker in the wake of the Stephenson case. Watch it for yourself below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzSj8dEsBs

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:58 pm

JS self-reported to the club on May 18th.

May 27th we land John Noble.

Just saying...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:23 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
JS self-reported to the club on May 18th.

May 27th we land John Noble.

Just saying...

Then Funny it only came out now when Fans started Bagging the AFL Rolling Eyes

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:25 pm

slangman wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
slangman wrote:
Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
10 weeks is overs, it’s pure and simple Collingwood loading.

Disagree. He's lucky he's only missing 10 games.

Spot on. He’s a very very lucky young man that he is even eligible to play again this year.

Yes, maybe hed be better off smashing a opposition player in the face, breaking his jaw, the other guy loses four teeth, misses many games, and Stevo gets 8 weeks, like Gaff, and plays in a Premiership team. Surprised

Take the blinkers off

I have, obviously in AFL eyes, a vicious assault is better than gambling. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Dave bought up a point with the AFL being bagged then Betgate comes out

Vindictive would we suggest

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Yeah the timing of this struck me straight away as a bit suspect. Jan Beames, bikies and Gibbs, rumours about our own Beams with gambling debts, AFL getting roasted over betting and sport and their hypocrisy with sponsors. They must have yelled “you beauty!!!” When a young dumb Collingwood player self-reported, the perfect scapegoat!

And mods, I accidentally reported BazBoy’s post. I clicked the wrong button, eyes are worse than a bald-headed flog’s!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Interesting to read that the barrel was a part of the investigation. If it's true that he bet on himself to kick 3+ goals and that was the reason for the barrel - far enough to assume - then Jaydo is very lucky.

Betting on a game is one thing......actions to manipulate a game outcome should involve a lifetime ban.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
This is interesting.... the only company that the AFL is promoting on its website at this point in time is Bunnings!!!! No reference to any betting agencies anywhere! Suddenly, they are looking holier than thou. Smile Smile Pr*cks.

Well spotted! It's true - on all their pages, all I found was Bunnings and McDonalds. They don't want to cop any flak - let Stepho and Collingwood cop it all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 40 of 128   

Jump to: