Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, some of the vitriol being directed at Stevo for taking a well earned break - as advised to by the club - makes me ashamed to be associated, as a fellow Nickster, with some of these so-called Magpie supporters.

Some of these posts are pathetic and disgraceful. FFS get a life.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 pm

The Stephenson debacle...Which i think the club still has to answer some questions around....have they trained the players in not gambling on AFL matches?...If the answer is yes, is their programme effective? given we have had multiple players over the last decade getting done for gambling on games they are in?. If not, well they really hung Stephenson out to dry for something they should have had better understanding and rules in place for.

Last edited by derkd on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Seriously, some of the vitriol being directed at Stevo for taking a well earned break - as advised to by the club - makes me ashamed to be associated, as a fellow Nickster, with some of these so-called Magpie supporters.

Agreed, we are past the point of attacking the guy, if our team cannot cover his absence, well that is on the club and the list....honestly, if we are that reliant on ONE player in our forward line to win, we have serious problems.... It is not on Stephenson, if he had gone down injured for 10 weeks would people still be attacking him?

I get it, we are losing, and our season is falling apart. It is hardly one persons fault. I would argue even if he was in the side we would still be losing....injuries and sides having worked out our game plan is the problem.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Go through my post history Rudey. I have defended the club, the players, the coach, to the hilt, since day one. I’ve always looked for the positives after losses, and I’ve always backed our boys against the trolls and negative “sack Bucks” brigade. But Stephenson and Beams... we served up absolute crap to the media, and on the field on game day. If you believe Stephenson just made a few little bets worth $36, and there’s not more to it, then the sky is green.

Last week my little guy came home from school and asked if he could barrack for another club, because he’s sick of getting teased and treated like a second-class citizen. We’ve tried the “ignore them” chin up tactics. People are assholes towards Collingwood supporters. And you know what? Every year one of our players gives these assholes more ammunition. My kid is hanging tough, but geez, he’s not enjoying footy because of the crap we always endure. At school. At work. On tv.

And I’m mates with people in footy and media (and a former officer on the Vic Pol investigative afl drugs task force, boy can I tell you some tales) ... and have been on the inside myself, to know what’s really going on, and what other clubs get away with. Kept so quiet they don’t even get mentioned on BigFooty scandals! So yeah, I’ve had a gutful of the crap our club keeps serving.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Without doing a Mark Robinson and making the story about "me", it just so happens that one of my mates for over 30 years is Stevo's father's best mate. Let me say that Jaidyn may want to curb "all" questionable off field activities going forward. You had heard it here first.

So I assume you are referring to a liking for persian rugs?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Last week my little guy came home from school and asked if he could barrack for another club, because he’s sick of getting teased and treated like a second-class citizen.

Sounds like he should have read the small-print when he signed up! Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Not that I care about this debate either way - but in what reasonable use of the expression "well earned" is Stevo on a "well earned break"? Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Not that I care about this debate either way - but in what reasonable use of the expression "well earned" is Stevo on a "well earned break"? Laughing

Kapow!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Give me a break! Rolling Eyes
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

And a “ well earned “ one at that 😬
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

And a “ well earned “ one at that 😬

Well folks at this rate we'll all have a well earned break for the entire September. Sad
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Seems players at other clubs have to go a tad further to earn a "well-earned rest".

North Melbourne will give veteran defender Scott Thompson a well-earned AFL rest after he played through the pain of a ruptured testicle.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/ruptured-testicle-sidelines-thompson-20190724-p52acw.html

Onya bike, Stevo.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:10 pm

News need to Report REAL News
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Last week my little guy came home from school and asked if he could barrack for another club, because he’s sick of getting teased and treated like a second-class citizen.

As I told my boy when he was younger: yeah, everyone who doesn't barrack for us hates us, but you know what...that's what makes it all the more special when we win...

K 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:20 am

Woods wrote:
Seems players at other clubs have to go a tad further to earn a "well-earned rest".

North Melbourne will give veteran defender Scott Thompson a well-earned AFL rest after he played through the pain of a ruptured testicle.

Onya bike, Stevo.

D'ya reckon biking is the best way to rupture those things, Woods? WPT will beg to differ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 51 of 128   

Jump to: