Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sudanese crime in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Good article. I like his work and that of his sometime collaborator Andrew rule.

Interesting about the GBH. Have you seen much impact of that in the ED?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
John Sylvester asked me to post this for Mugwump:

"...Crime figures are used by both sides to justify their position, but be wary of any percentages where the actual number is small - for example, if one crime becomes two it is a jump of 100 per cent, but it is hardly circle-the-wagons stuff. While Sudanese are over-represented as offenders, the actual number of crimes remains small.

Internal police figures show that of Victoria's 15,000 "serious" crimes ranging from murder, serious assaults, rape and armed robberies to carjackings, around 200 are committed by offenders of Sudanese descent - which means you are 74 times more likely to be attacked by non-Sudanese.

If there are two victims per offence, then the odds of not falling victim to Sudanese crime gangs stands at 99.9938 per cent. To put that in perspective, you are twice as likely to be bitten by a snake, five times more likely to need rescuing from drowning in the sea or 16 times more likely to suffer serious vehicle damage after hitting a kangaroo. (Maybe we should send kangaroos back to where they came from, and dont get me started on black snakes.)

So what do these statistics prove? Absolutely nothing, other than that you can always find a set of numbers to justify an argument.

According to Bateson, there is a Sudanese crime problem that falls well short of a crisis. We know there is an issue and we are dealing with it - we are making more arrests than ever before - we are talking about a total of around 150 hardcore offenders.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/crime-gangs-facts-fiction-and-furphies-20180815-p4zxo2.html

According to Bateson, there is a Sudanese crime problem that falls well short of a crisis.

Nobody said it was a crisis. Many people have said exactly the above, and that Sudanese are vastly numerically overrepresented in serious crime relative to the population. Out of around 6000 Sudanese people at the last count, 150 (2.5%) hard core offenders. That is the relevant statistic here.

Sudanese are not bad people, though they come from a violent and lawless society. The average Sudanese is trying to get on with life within the law. But a policy which imports 2.5 hard core offenders in every 100 immigrants is a bad immigration policy.

We need to be positive about the people who are here, but there is no need to import more of the problem, when there are refugee populations just as deserving with a very different serious crime profile. Who has asked the Australian community whether they are happy with an immigration policy which takes no account of the effect on serious crime rates ?

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 pm

I thought it was you.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Good article. I like his work and that of his sometime collaborator Andrew rule.

Yeah Stui, heaps of it and it's being taken with meth (ICE).

There is so much ICE and GHB around it's gobsmacking. It's just so cheap and available for people to use.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 pm

As I understand it was patrons versus patrons from a fight that initiated inside the premises, Commander Hansen said.

As Im advised we became aware of this event yesterday afternoon. We had our operational response unit and those units were tasked to have a patrol presence around the hotel.

We were concerned because history shows us that a demographic of the crowd were talking about, primarily Pacific Islanders and African Australians, we were advised because of that, because its an event in the CBD or immediate surrounds, its not uncommon for us to keep an eye on certain locations.

The demographic of those involved in the fight were a mix of the two communities, police said.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/seven-injured-after-wild-inner-melbourne-brawl-involving-up-to-200-people/news-story/215cc72e591d60bb80ddf722fd7a099f

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah Stui, heaps of it and it's being taken with meth (ICE).

There is so much ICE and GHB around it's gobsmacking. It's just so cheap and available for people to use.

Cheap, available, and seriously (mates with) people up. Sad

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:15 am

OMG 200 people at a club where alcohol and drugs are on offer and we have violence. Wouldn't happen with white people.

Now the Police knew about the gathering. Oops. It was a record release and it was Pacific Islanders and Sudanese. Let's make a recipe for a cluster **** and watch the whitey's get in arms about what happens. Laughing Laughing Laughing

With each news report more information is released and I just keep laughing.

The Liberals said arrests should have been made. Laughing Laughing outnumbered 50-1 yeah that works. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Culprit on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:04 am

This is really starting to become a bit embarrassing for the "nothing to see here, you're all racist.." crowd.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:36 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
This is really starting to become a bit embarrassing for the "nothing to see here, you're all racist.." crowd.
Don't worry, everyone from every other State will tell us the solution.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:40 am

Did the organisers plan to have a mainly pacific islander and african crowd?

If so, that wasn't very smart, those 2 groups don't seem to mix well together.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Did the organisers plan to have a mainly pacific islander and african crowd?

If so, that wasn't very smart, those 2 groups don't seem to mix well together.
Organisers? Organisers of what? Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Quote:
The Collingwood music event the preceded a riot on Sunday morning featured artist who's written tribute songs about slain teenager Laa Chol and a style of hip-hop linked to London's knife epidemic.

Hip-hop artist The Alpha, who has written about Ms Chol, was listed as one of the headline acts for Saturday nights 66 Records event at the Gasometer Hotel on Smith Street.

Do they test Aged reporters for spelling and grammar skills?

Quote:
Some of the musicians on the bill at Saturday's 66 Records showcase perform "drill" a lyrically violent type of rap that originated in Chicago and has been associated with a wave of teenage knife attacks in London that left dozens dead.

I'm no fan of rap music, but it would have to have some seriously violent lyrics to be a cause of youth violence?

Quote:
A spokesman for the South Sudanese community said its members were disgusted by the violence and acknowledged there were serious problems brewing among some young people.

He urged police to arrest those responsible.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/violent-drill-music-artist-behind-laa-chol-song-played-before-brawl-20180903-p501g3.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_music doesn't sound like my bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k67-z-RwtHg definitely not

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Shit that blood on the car :0
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:12 am

The guy hit by the car has had a leg amputated. I don't know how true it is but the word is the same guy was involved in the death of that young girl.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Culprit wrote:
The guy hit by the car has had a leg amputated. I don't know how true it is but the word is the same guy was involved in the death of that young girl.

He was a witness. 2 others have been charged.

Quote:
In a press conference yesterday afternoon, Acting Deputy Commissioner Bob Hill said police made no arrests because their attention was on the severely injured teen, who has since had his leg amputated because of the horror crash.

Victoria Police confirmed the teen witnessed the fatal stabbing of 19-year-old Laa Chol.

Ms Chol was stabbed to death on the balcony of a high-rise Melbourne apartment block in July. Two male teenagers, a 16-year-old and 17-year-old, have been charged with her murder.

https://www.news.com.au/news/national/victoria-police-under-fire-for-brutal-melbourne-brawl/news-story/e9641768b88fd608b8993f787b833a06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26   

Jump to: