Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day: AFLX. Pies v. Crows and Eagles - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GazMan 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, i went to the games at Hindmarsh Stadium, purely to have a footy fix. Conceptually the games aren't too bad, with a bit more thought and a few tweaks they could become a better spectacle - the anecdote of 'circle work' is pretty close to the mark.

What i was really interested in was player movement/situational awareness and the reading of play, elements that really don't change. To that end my observations on SOME players were as follow's:

Stephenson: Was a willing runner and presented well, he'll play very early on i think and will leave opponents in his wake.

Aish: Looked to be the fittest ever in his time at CFC and finally looks as though he's managed to put interrupted pre-seasons behind him. Sticking my neck out I've got a feeling he might just surprise many of us and be one of if not the clubs biggest improver!

Blair: He just seemed lost! For a bloke that's been AFL listed for so many years, his skills were very average.

Maynard: If he can tidy up his disposal he can be a line breaker, something we've been crying out for! He was hard at it no doubt.

Crisp/Sidey: Both were good, read the play well and ran their guts out.

Broomhead: See Blair comments.

Smith: Read the play well but disposal let him down. I don't actually recall his disposal being exceedingly average but it was that night.

The JLT match series will be critical for some of the players mentioned above and i see it as the last chance saloon for a couple to be honest.

Anyways, greetings to all the fellow Nicksters and here's to a solid 2018 for the Pies Smile
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 pm

GazMan wrote:
Hey all, i went to the games at Hindmarsh Stadium, purely to have a footy fix. Conceptually the games aren't too bad, with a bit more thought and a few tweaks they could become a better spectacle - the anecdote of 'circle work' is pretty close to the mark.

What i was really interested in was player movement/situational awareness and the reading of play, elements that really don't change.

Anyways, greetings to all the fellow Nicksters and here's to a solid 2018 for the Pies Smile

How much were the tickets compared with a regular H&A game?
'Rectangle work', perhaps?
Movement, reading of the play... and kicking skills, which in the Pies' games did not quite bring the joy one might have hoped for.
GazMan 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm

How much were the tickets compared with a regular H&A game?
'Rectangle work', perhaps?
Movement, reading of the play... and kicking skills, which in the Pies' games did not quite bring the joy one might have hoped for.[/quote]

Tickets were $10-15 which isn't too bad value for 3 hours worth of footy fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: